- CrackBerry User
- 51 Posts
BeBuzz vs Power Tools vs HUB++?
Now that BeBuzz 2.0 is headless has anyone happened to use all three BeBuzz, Power Tools and HUB++?
What are the pro's and con's of each? functionality wise, stability, feature set, etc
Or if you've only used one of them what are your personal experiences and thoughts
- 03-13-14, 10:33 PM #3
I only need an app that allows me to use green and blue as additional colours for my LED, nothing more. I purchased Hub++ because it had good ratings, looked straightforward and had headless support. The setup was a bit of a hassle and there weren't any good instructions within the app, other than a small and inconspicuous popup. Once I got it working, I discovered that it wasn't quite what I expected. The LED just blinks too quickly, in my opinion. That would not be a huge problem if you at least could customise the duration, but you can only choose between up to 50 blinks (which lasts a couple of minutes) or indefinitely (i.e. until you respond to the notification). I miss something in between, like a duration of at least 15 minutes like the BlackBerry default. Other than that I found that the app is unreliable at times and I never got the flip-to-silent function working (which seems really useful).
I haven't tried BeBuzz or Power Tools yet, as I am reluctant to spend/waste money on another app. But I might give it a shot if someone could tell me whether these apps are (1) more reliable and (2) offer some more options for the LED, especially the duration.
- 03-14-14, 12:16 AM #4
I used BeBuzz on Legacy and upon switching quickly made sure to get it again. I grabbed Hub++ shortly after to compare to myself and found myself going back to BeBuzz for these reasons:
1. LED customization - You can control everything: colour, speed, duration with BeBuzz whereas Hub++ is very limited to just colour and when it shuts off.
2. Vibration customization - BeBuzz always had the option for a super quick and short vibration. Perfect for text and BBM because I get them a lot. Hub++ also has this feature now but I prefer the duration BeBuzz offers.
3. Stability - I haven't had any issues with BeBuzz whereas Hub++ went through spotty phases (especially upon initial headless release).
4. Active Frame - while not applicable now, I have always preferred the style of BeBuzz's active frame (using battery meter, time remaining options)
5. Interface - BeBuzz is slightly easier to set up your desired style to. Hub++ is a bit scattered in that regard.
Hub++ is still a good app and the developer is far more helpful and willing to implement features from user input, whereas BeBuzz is going at their own pace regardless of what the user asks.
While both offer the same service, IMHO BeBuzz does it just a tad better.
Posted via CB10
- CrackBerry User
03-15-14, 03:37 PM #6
- 73 Posts
I have all 3 and the winner is power tools.
bebuzz no support to issues, can even google and see yourself, buggy. Headless stops working at times.
Hub+, supports product but no innovation to adding to app. 2nd recommended if you just need led it'd perfect.
Power tools, email support get quick answers, supports and adds to product all the time. Takes some time to setup but we'll worth it. Great led, audio notification, plus a lot extras
Posted via CB10
- 03-16-14, 02:00 PM #7
Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2141 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
- 03-16-14, 04:54 PM #9
Last edited by pmccartney; 03-16-14 at 05:06 PM.
- 03-16-14, 05:47 PM #13
Myself, I need reminders for missed calls and text messages. So I choose BeBuzz because I can also change the reminder tone to something more subtle then the first notification.
Posted by a proud NRA supporter
- CrackBerry Master
03-16-14, 08:04 PM #16
- 1,064 Posts
- 03-19-14, 11:17 AM #18
I have used BeBuzz across three different BB devices and always been a fan. However, the one thing I have always wanted was to customize the LED for BBM contacts and with the announcement that Power Tools now has this functionality I am considering trying it.
For those that have used both Power Tools and BeBuzz Pro is there anything I will miss from BeBuzz if I switch to Power Tools as far as LED notifications are concerned? I want to have different colors for Missed calls, BBM, SMS, Incoming calls, two email accounts, calendar reminders, Blaq, Facebook, and one color for a specific contact. I would prefer to keep the BB10 tones I have already set as I am used to them and what the indicate but could get over that most likely.
Thanks for any insight offered up.
- 03-27-14, 04:32 AM #19
Can I just get an update on which is better between Hub++ and Power tools? I've been using Bebuzz Pro and it sux to high heaven. Do the other two actually work?
And by "work" I mean do they provide a good notification system without the user having to spend days setting them up, problem solving and constantly manicuring them.
Any feedback would be great but please note the above qualifier!
- 03-27-14, 10:26 AM #20
I guess it all depends on what you think is a long time to set up. Like I posted before I wish I could have the stock tones as well as the custom PT ones.
Posted with a Verizon Z30 running 10.2.1.2228 and CB10. My channel with zero subscribers
- 03-27-14, 03:17 PM #23
there is one feature that i would like to have, vibration reminder after x amount of minutes... i have seen tone reminder, but that doesn't work for me, i prefer to have a vibration as reminder... since any of these apps have it i am afraid that maybe it's not possible by os limitations...
- By pfluger in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 464Last Post: 01-29-16, 10:10 PM
- By westcoastjay in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 5Last Post: 03-18-14, 11:35 AM
- By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-13-14, 05:30 AM
- By rob320 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-13-14, 02:27 AM
- By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-14, 09:22 PM