Does BB10 have BeBuzz or a similar LED app available right now?
    01-31-13 11:02 PM
    Ill let you know on tuesday. Im hoping it does. Ive used bebuzz for years. Customize the **** out of my blackberry with it.
    01-31-13 11:32 PM
    Ill let you know on tuesday. Im hoping it does. Ive used bebuzz for years. Customize the **** out of my blackberry with it.
    You and me both!

I have read that the capability for that customisation is definitely there in BB10, but as far as I can tell BeBuzz isn't out on BB10 yet. But I can't help but think its only a matter of time. I mean BeBuzz has got to be one of the most widely used apps on the platform and it doesn't seem likely that they wouldn't continue to develop it.
    02-01-13 01:33 AM
    I hope they take this advantage to also implement a feature where we can have custom profiles too. (as long as the APIS are available) I'd definitely buy it then.
    02-01-13 03:21 AM
    I heard Bellshare is working on a BB10 version. I sure hope it isn't as buggy as the 6.0.28 I installed on my OS 6 device recently, and they actually answer support questions..
    02-01-13 04:35 AM
    My fingers are crossed for BeBuzz also...I make extensive use of the LED color-changing capabilities to differentiate between email, BBM, texts, etc. The whole sound profiles debacle has pissed me off....
    02-01-13 09:25 AM
    Maybe we can convince Sultan to do Advance OS and LED for BB10. That app rocks the sox off BeBuzz.
    02-01-13 10:06 AM
    advance os led is the best u don need any other app it has all flaslight , customisation i love the app
    Jim Banks1 likes this.
    02-01-13 10:51 AM
    Maybe we can convince Sultan to do Advance OS and LED for BB10. That app rocks the sox off BeBuzz.
    Agree that's one of the best apps for any phone, any platform
    Jim Banks1 likes this.
    02-01-13 02:07 PM
    Great app, hope he makes it.
    02-04-13 06:51 PM
    Sorry tried Advance OS LED and it is nowhere near what BeBuzz is able to do...wether its eye candy or functionality BeBuzz is the best hands down!
    dreamstate7 likes this.
    02-04-13 07:00 PM
    There has been another thread like this one in the last couple of days. The only app at the moment for BB10 is 'Color ID' for $2.99 and free version. Apparently not as good, but that's all there is for now....
    02-04-13 07:04 PM
    I've been trying to write an app to do this, but there are some real challenges with it (lack of certain crucial API) to make it work. There are some workarounds and maybe some other developer has found something I haven't, but truthfully from what I found the app wouldn't be that great at this stage of the game.

Just to give an example. A new message arrives I can start blinking the LED with my app, I can detect if you unlock the device, I can detect when you go into the hub and read a message, I can detect if you are typing on the keyboard and I can detect that you've pressed one of the physical buttons on the device. Using that I can stop the LED from flashing. However, I cannot find a way to detect that you are using the device for something else IE. Playing a game or browsing the web and don't want to check the message right away. In this situation I can't stop the LED from flashing, which would be kind of irritating.
    Last edited by Shao128; 02-04-13 at 07:57 PM.
    Zach Gilbert likes this.
    02-04-13 07:46 PM
    Surely thats the point of the LED though, to let you know you've recieved something even when you're doing something else on the phone? I know Id like to be given notification of incoming alerts via the LED when I'm playing a game or in the browser for instance, and I'd expect it to keep blinking until I actually go and check what it is in the Hub or by Peeking.

The important thing would be if you can stop it blinking once you've gone to the Hub (or even used the Peek gesture), and if you can change the colour of the LED per contact or application?
    02-05-13 06:59 AM
    I've been trying to write an app to do this, but there are some real challenges with it (lack of certain crucial API) to make it work. There are some workarounds and maybe some other developer has found something I haven't, but truthfully from what I found the app wouldn't be that great at this stage of the game.

Just to give an example. A new message arrives I can start blinking the LED with my app, I can detect if you unlock the device, I can detect when you go into the hub and read a message, I can detect if you are typing on the keyboard and I can detect that you've pressed one of the physical buttons on the device. Using that I can stop the LED from flashing. However, I cannot find a way to detect that you are using the device for something else IE. Playing a game or browsing the web and don't want to check the message right away. In this situation I can't stop the LED from flashing, which would be kind of irritating.
    This is how my 9900 works without any 3rd party apps. The light will keep flashing until I check the message, doesnt matter what I'm doing. Maybe you could have a user selectable option to have the LED shut off: upon unlock, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes, only when message is read.
    02-05-13 10:18 AM
    Agree with all the above. You want the LED to continue flashing until you check the specific notification it is prompting you to check.
    02-06-13 05:07 AM
    No Led app yet. I don't even see color Id like the previous poster said

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Jim Banks1 likes this.
    02-06-13 08:11 AM
    Ice reached out to the developer of AOS LED and he isn't going to be making a app for BlackBerry ten any time soon
    02-06-13 05:12 PM
    I tried color ID and it only lets you pick a color for contacts and not for applications ,also when I tried to assign a color to a contact most of my contacts did not appear on the contact list that I should choose from.....Also the tile should be left running for the application to run.
    02-19-13 02:03 AM

That's exactly what ppl want lol
    So if its blinking blue it means I have a bbm
    Red means email
    Green means text
    Etc
    Red/blue "oh **** the cops" together means the gf/wife haha
    Then the user can decide if they wanna exit whatever they are doing to check or not

Since u said u can detect if a physical button is pressed u can even make it so that a button will stop the blinking. (like how the lock button stops it anyways).

But I read that blackberry has not given access to API that would allow the app to run in the background and not have to be open in an active frame?
    02-19-13 05:32 AM
    +1 Yes, this would be what some folks are looking for
    02-19-13 05:57 AM
    But I read that blackberry has not given access to API that would allow the app to run in the background and not have to be open in an active frame?
    I believe those are referred-to as "headless apps", and apparently they are on the roadmap to be implemented in BB10 at some point, I don't know what the timeframe is. Someone in the CB forums recently posted a link to the dev page that enumerates that.
    02-19-13 10:15 AM
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but in case anyone is still monitoring this:

There are now several notification apps for BB10, including some that run "headless".

Here's a discussion of some of the top contenders:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...vs-hub-914477/
    04-01-14 03:30 AM