OK I make it sound a little dramatic as it's only been a week since the launch of the Q. But a week with a single red flashing LED is more than I can cope with.
    Having used BeBuzz for years now, it's a must on my list of apps for the phone, and one of the things that helps separate BlackBerry from 'the rest'

So its here, and better still it has all the new BB10 features too, inc email preview pop ups, battery monitor (meter and time left) and is as customisable as ever.

Like most 3rd party apps it has to be left running in an active pane, but its lovely to have that LED having a multicoloured workout when different apps receive a notification.

There are other similar options out there, but BeBuzz is the one for me and worth the 2 price tag any day. Have it on my Z and Q.

So if you want to know what notifications await you without picking up the handset, even on silent... Give BeBuzz a go. Screen shots follow.

BeBuzz for the Q10 at last.-img_00000291.png
    BeBuzz for the Q10 at last.-img_00000290.png
    BeBuzz for the Q10 at last.-img_00000289.png

Posted via CB10
    pfluger and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    05-08-13 05:19 AM
    Brilliant, moving to apps...

Pro: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...tent/26737875/
    Price $2.99

PS: the free version is NOT available for BB10
    05-08-13 07:00 AM
    I downloaded it last night. I then downloaded it to my Wife's Z10 and cannot get the BBM notification to work. I also had this problem when I had a Z10 myself. It works on the Q10 though I can't figure out why it doesn't work on the two Z10 we have in the house.
    05-08-13 07:13 AM
    Brilliant, moving to apps...

Pro: BlackBerry World - BeBuzz 10 Pro
    Price $2.99

PS: the free version is NOT available for BB10
    Nice one, thanks.
    Only reason I put it in Q10 was because it was previously available for the Z, but only just come for the Q.
    Either way, serves its purpose and is a GREAT app. My berry's are happily flashing away now haha.
    05-08-13 07:15 AM
    I downloaded it last night. I then downloaded it to my Wife's Z10 and cannot get the BBM notification to work. I also had this problem when I had a Z10 myself. It works on the Q10 though I can't figure out why it doesn't work on the two Z10 we have in the house.
    I think BBM only works when device is locked, and also you need to turn off the native notifications too. Worth checking thats all right in your settings.
    05-08-13 07:16 AM
    I think BBM only works when device is locked, and also you need to turn off the native notifications too. Worth checking thats all right in your settings.
    I checked that and also had it working properly on the Q10. I tried BeBuzz when it first came out on the Z10 and couldn't get it to work for BBM then too.

My wife keeps her Z10 with the audio notifications off, so it would be handy if I could get BeBuzz working. As it is now, she has the blinking red light, but it could be a notification for anything and she doesn't always have time to check if it is from a family member.
    05-08-13 07:27 AM
    I checked that and also had it working properly on the Q10. I tried BeBuzz when it first came out on the Z10 and couldn't get it to work for BBM then too.

My wife keeps her Z10 with the audio notifications off, so it would be handy if I could get BeBuzz working. As it is now, she has the blinking red light, but it could be a notification for anything and she doesn't always have time to check if it is from a family member.
    Hmm thats a bit frustrating. Is there any way you can delete and reinstall it? Might help, you never know.

So NONE of the app works on her phone at all? Were all permissions ticked at the time of install.
    05-08-13 09:57 AM
    Hmm thats a bit frustrating. Is there any way you can delete and reinstall it? Might help, you never know.

So NONE of the app works on her phone at all? Were all permissions ticked at the time of install.
    I had some time this evening to try to figure out why it is working on the Q10 and not our Z10s and now it isn't even working on the Q10. I upgraded the Q10 OS this afternoon and I think both of the Z10 have had at least one OS upgrade, so I suspect it is related to upgrading the OS. I even tried security wiping the Q10 and not restoring any backups, but still couldn't get BBM notifications working.

My guess is the OS10 devices and the Playbook need the equivalent of the fix permissions option on a Mac in order to clear up any files that may be causing these types of problems.
    05-09-13 08:02 PM
    Isn't this lack of apps in background frustrating? From the rumor mill, it sounds like BB has got the message and trying to implement a solution. Active frames seems like such a silly "solution" to loosing the BlackBerry button.
    05-10-13 02:17 AM