Right, and to be honest I don't really have a problem with that. Application Resource Monitor was constantly shutting BeBuzz down so I just uninstalled it. The native LED customization isn't as comprehensive, but I would rather have the improved battery life. I would MUCH rather see BlackBerry implement this natively again with more customization and bring back sound profiles while they're at it... That was the 'killer app'.
    03-06-13 01:21 PM
    I use BeBuzz as well. I did notice that 7.1 had the option to change LED colour for specific people as well. Not sure how long that has been there for?
    Also used the different colours for email, facebook, calendar, text message, etc. Great visual notifications.

BeBuzz just kept getting better with each update.
    03-06-13 02:22 PM
    There are a few similar, or should I say "attempts" in App World. They're limited to text and email, only offer 8 color choices with no custom patterns, and the app itself must always stay running for it to work. Seems that the API of BB10 is the limiter, not a lack of interest from devs.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 09:11 PM
    That is annoying as BeBuzz was amazing
    I like to have different LED colours for different types of content (e.g. Facebook vs. e-mail)
    Anyone here tried ColorID for BB 10? Does this only allow for colour customisation by contact or by message type as well?
    03-14-13 05:40 PM
    That is annoying as BeBuzz was amazing
    I like to have different LED colours for different types of content (e.g. Facebook vs. e-mail)
    Anyone here tried ColorID for BB 10? Does this only allow for colour customisation by contact or by message type as well?
    ColorID message which is a different app seems really good which was announced yesterday and you can filter by message type,contact and keywords. It's the best I have used on my Z10.

However the more I think about it the more uncomfortable with the permissions I have to give to any of these apps I am as basically you have to allow them access to your texts, email, shared files and contacts and there is no telling what they are doing with these. I am not sure I want a third party reading all my private communication so as good as ColorID message seems I may disable it and hope this functionality comes via a BlackBerry update.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by bobo616; 03-15-13 at 02:33 AM.
    03-15-13 01:44 AM
    ColorID message which is a different app seems really good which was announced yesterday and you can filter by message type,contact and keywords. It's the best I have used on my Z10.

However the more I think about it the more uncomfortable with the permissions I have to give to any of these apps I am as basically you have to allow them access to your texts, email, shared files and contacts and there is no telling what they are doing with these. I am not sure I want a third party reading all my private communication so as good as ColorID message seems I may disable it and hope this functionality comes via a BlackBerry update.

Posted via CB10
    If you goto the permissions setting it tells you exactly want the permissions are.

As for Color Led Message the app does not store and send any of your information. It only reads the info.
    Contact - use for lookup only
    Text - listens to incoming text message
    PIM - listens to incoming email
    Shared Files - save filter database

of course you can deny contacts and shared files if you do not do lookup or need to save your filters but text and pim message are required.
    03-15-13 09:48 AM
    BeBuzz for OS10 is out but.. even if I had the OS 7.1 version apparently I have to buy it again.
    Has anyone asked and received a reply regarding the purchase of the OS10 version?
    Isn't it possible to transfer the licence of the old version to the new one avoiding to buy.. a second version!?
    04-15-13 05:03 AM
    BeBuzz for OS10 is out but.. even if I had the OS 7.1 version apparently I have to buy it again.
    Has anyone asked and received a reply regarding the purchase of the OS10 version?
    Isn't it possible to transfer the licence of the old version to the new one avoiding to buy.. a second version!?
    No, as it's a completely new OS, the apps have been rewritten and you have to pay for them again, they have nowt to do with OS7 versions.
    Having said that, going forward, BeBuzz traditionally makes you pay for all updates.
    Suggest you check out Hub++ where this isn't the case. There's 2 other apps as well, Color ID and Who is it, but I'd stick to one of the big two at this moment in time.
    04-15-13 06:10 AM
    Anyone know how to set this up? I have previously used on legacy devices with no issues. I basically want it to vibe when holstered or on vibe and sound when on normal out of holster and repeat the same until i check it It also seems to delete my texts and emails after dismissing the pop up and I get at text to "me" with a red x. I can get the leds configured ok. I understand it has to stay open. Just cant get it configured properly
    09-14-13 02:43 PM
34 12