Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
Like Tree2Likes
  1. rain3man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?

    I have always used BeBuzz to manage my notifications for everthing (email/sms/bbm/reminders/phone call). BeBuzz as most people know allows you to set up what you want based on the profile. Will BeBuzz be available at launch? Will 10 have profiles to set up? In otherwords some kind of profile set up interacting with BeBuzz
    Bold 9000 -> Bold 9700 -> TORCH 9800 - > Bold 9700 - > Torch 9800 - > Bold 9900 - > Z10
  2. CranBerry413's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    558 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I was thinking about the exact same thing a few days ago. I'm hoping that they were able to port their application over to BB10. I don't see why they would not. Essentially, the market is exactly the same, as long as there is an LED on the phone.
  3. battery's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I use BeBuzz as well. I did notice that 7.1 had the option to change LED colour for specific people as well. Not sure how long that has been there for?
    I type like what I am saying is fact. It's probably not.
  4. big bb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Yes BlackBerry 10 will have profiles, you can set each application. I have attached images for notifications settings. You will be able to set 3rd party notifications.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000311.jpg   BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000312.jpg   BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000313.jpg   BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?-img_00000314.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
    Thanked by 3:
    austriker (01-22-2013),  Masahiro (01-21-2013),  ThaMunsta (01-21-2013) 
  5. md03wx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    249 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Has anyone emailed BeBuzz yet to see if they will support BB10 @ launch?
  6. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Reminders! Yes!!
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  7. The Me's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    867 Posts
    Global Posts
    923 Global Posts
    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by md03wx View Post
    Has anyone emailed BeBuzz yet to see if they will support BB10 @ launch?
    Any word?
    Stuff
  8. Plazmic Flame's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,519 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Looks like you can't change the LED colour by default though.... or so it seems...

    Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

    BBM: 7A03E5E9

    What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

  9. big bb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    Looks like you can't change the LED colour by default though.... or so it seems...
    Hopefully it will be in the release software
    Quote Originally Posted by G-bone View Post
    BlackBerry : We invented the Smartphone Business.
    We're takin' it Back!
  10. joeldf's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,092 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    What about on-screen pop-ups like Bepopup gives you? I know the newest BeBuzz was supposed to add that feature into the main app, but it never worked on my 9800 (and several others from the posts about it in the BB apps forum that BellShare basically ignored), so I went back to the previous version of BeBuzz, and reloaded Bepopup.

    Something about toasts in BB10 was talked about months ago, but nothing recently, and nothing about it was in the 100 page settings slide show on BGR. Was that abandoned?
  11. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,594 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joeldf View Post
    What about on-screen pop-ups like Bepopup gives you? I know the newest BeBuzz was supposed to add that feature into the main app, but it never worked on my 9800 (and several others from the posts about it in the BB apps forum that BellShare basically ignored), so I went back to the previous version of BeBuzz, and reloaded Bepopup.

    Something about toasts in BB10 was talked about months ago, but nothing recently, and nothing about it was in the 100 page settings slide show on BGR. Was that abandoned?
    Probably one of the big surprises...since that patent was pretty sweeeeeeeeet to look it for when it came down to seeing messages. Very sneaky!
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
  12. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    Looks like you can't change the LED colour by default though.... or so it seems...
    I'd be surprised if you can't. This functionality is present in later builds of OS 7.1.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  13. mikeo007's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,140 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,525 Global Posts
    #13  

    Default

    With the recent port-a-thon, I've spent quite a bit of time digging through the developer documentation and testing various APIs.
    Currently, what BeBuzz does as a 3rd party app on Java BBs will not be possible on BB10.

    BB10 does not currently have an API that allows for a "faceless" app to run background services.
    To have any app running background services, it would have to be one of the 8 open apps on the app screen.

    Then comes the next issue:
    I also haven't yet found a method where an open, minimized app can interrupt system events (eg. incoming call) or interrupt the current full-screen'd app. I don't think this is currently possible either.

    As far as the LED is concerned, because of these API limitations, you would have to assume that RIM will include the ability to customize the LED within the core UI. It only makes sense IMO.
    Thanked by:
    kolok (03-16-2013) 
    kolok likes this.
  14. CranBerry413's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    558 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    With the recent port-a-thon, I've spent quite a bit of time digging through the developer documentation and testing various APIs.
    Currently, what BeBuzz does as a 3rd party app on Java BBs will not be possible on BB10.

    BB10 does not currently have an API that allows for a "faceless" app to run background services.
    To have any app running background services, it would have to be one of the 8 open apps on the app screen.

    Then comes the next issue:
    I also haven't yet found a method where an open, minimized app can interrupt system events (eg. incoming call) or interrupt the current full-screen'd app. I don't think this is currently possible either.

    As far as the LED is concerned, because of these API limitations, you would have to assume that RIM will include the ability to customize the LED within the core UI. It only makes sense IMO.
    Wow. Much thanks for the deep research my friend. Hopefull, there is some kind of RIM solution that allows us to manipulate the LED. At least that is my hope.
  15. Masahiro's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,265 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeo007 View Post
    With the recent port-a-thon, I've spent quite a bit of time digging through the developer documentation and testing various APIs.
    Currently, what BeBuzz does as a 3rd party app on Java BBs will not be possible on BB10.

    BB10 does not currently have an API that allows for a "faceless" app to run background services.
    To have any app running background services, it would have to be one of the 8 open apps on the app screen.

    Then comes the next issue:
    I also haven't yet found a method where an open, minimized app can interrupt system events (eg. incoming call) or interrupt the current full-screen'd app. I don't think this is currently possible either.

    As far as the LED is concerned, because of these API limitations, you would have to assume that RIM will include the ability to customize the LED within the core UI. It only makes sense IMO.
    Ugh. This is what I was most afraid of. I like using "utility" apps on os7. Hopefully RIM expands on native functionality and adds details like vibrating when someone picks up the phone.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
  16. darkehawke's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,366 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default BeBuzz / Profiles on 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    I'd be surprised if you can't. This functionality is present in later builds of OS 7.1.
    i agree. i dropped bebuzz after they wanted to charge me to update like a week after i paid for a license from them.
    the stock led options on 7.1 serve me nicely with no need for a third party app

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Primary Device: Moto X
    Backup Device: Blackberry Z10
  17. rain3man's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    The screen shots of 10 notification set up dont look too bad and probably will work. What I think I will miss is the Repeat Feature that Bebuzz offers. I really use that . Anyone know if 10 will have a repeat function for noifications?
    Last edited by rain3man; 01-22-2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Bold 9000 -> Bold 9700 -> TORCH 9800 - > Bold 9700 - > Torch 9800 - > Bold 9900 - > Z10
  18. Berinry's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain3man View Post
    The screen shots of 10 notification set up dont look too bad and probably will work. What I think I will miss is the Repeat Feature that Bebuzz offers. I really use that . Anyone know if 10 will have a repeat function for noifications?

    This is a good question. I relied heavily on the repeat feature bebuzz offered when I had my BB device... I always found it kinda strange that blackberry never offered this as a native feature in the os. when I have seen other smart and even non smart phones have this feature... makes me upset. all be happy if they actually offer colour changing led options... im not expecting a reminder buzz though ):
    ~εrin
  19. IllmasterMathematics's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    310 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    I'd be surprised if you can't. This functionality is present in later builds of OS 7.1.
    Absolutely right. I'd like to be really excited for the Q10, but so far it looks like a lot of the features I rely on have been taken out of the core OS.
  20. shampZ10's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    145 Posts
    #20  

    Default

    What no apps running in background???? I've already learnt u can't save apps on sd card now it's gone from bad to worse :/

    Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
  21. sklotz2000's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    999 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Wow! Verizon hasn't released the new Z10 yet, but I am REALLY hoping that BeBuzz or AOS LED gets released for the BB10 OS. I rely on it heavily. Being on-call I use my BB as my pager. BeBuzz allowed me to set reminders (in case I missed a page). Prior versions of BB also allowed me to create a profile that I use at night so only my pager and phone worked -everything else was silenced.
    To all the current Z10 owners, have you found anything similar that will allow these settings?
    datgurl likes this.
  22. voltaire's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    744 Posts
    Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sklotz2000 View Post
    r AOS LED gets released for the BB10 OS
    It's gotta be Bebuzz as I read the creator of AOS isn't porting over his program to bb10.
  23. kevinnugent's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    4,113 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,238 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sklotz2000 View Post
    Wow! Verizon hasn't released the new Z10 yet, but I am REALLY hoping that BeBuzz or AOS LED gets released for the BB10 OS. I rely on it heavily. Being on-call I use my BB as my pager. BeBuzz allowed me to set reminders (in case I missed a page). Prior versions of BB also allowed me to create a profile that I use at night so only my pager and phone worked -everything else was silenced.
    To all the current Z10 owners, have you found anything similar that will allow these settings?
    Unless a miracle happens between now and the US launch, you're going to be disappointed. Sorry.
  24. katesbb's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    647 Posts
    Global Posts
    715 Global Posts
    #24  

    Default Re: BeBuzz / Profiles on 10?

    I don't think developers have access to the tools they need to create bebuzz type background applications. Yet.
  25. calicocat2010's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,594 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,603 Global Posts
    #25  

    Default

    I don't think the APIs' are available yet for developers to input their 3rd party apps.
    I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How To Change Profile On The BB Curve? Please Help
    By pst23 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xx
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 09:46 AM
  2. Profiles on Bold
    By berry29 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 10:10 AM
  3. BG and the Best Buy Bold on 10/26
    By thasiccest13 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 02:31 AM
  4. How to Select Profiles on Crossbar Theme?
    By cyba.cowboy in forum BlackBerry Themes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 06:49 AM
  5. profile on 'quiet.'
    By rguieb in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:37 AM

Posting Permissions