After a long and tedious development and testing phase we are happy to announce that BeBuzz 10 Pro Version 2.0 with headless support is finally available!

BeBuzz Pro 2.0 is only available for OS 10.2.1 and later

This update is free for all users of BeBuzz 10 Pro. Download at BeBuzz 10 Pro - BlackBerry World

Changes and new features since version 1.5:

• Added headless support (no more need to keep running BeBuzz all the time)
    • Added support for calendar events/reminders
    • Added 30 more LED color combinations
    • Now detects your device's notification profile (normal, silent, all alerts off etc) and mutes led, sound, vibrates accordingly
    • Removed popups (due to incompatibility with headless support; please revert to BB10 native toast notifications)
    • Removed silent mode switch (replaced by native profile detection support)

Please post all feedback like questions, suggestions and bug reports for BeBuzz Pro 2.0 here!

Problems with BeBuzz stops working, read below:

As some users have correctly mentioned headless apps are limited to a maximum memory usage of 3MB. (This is not the value you see in the device monitor.) When a headless app goes over this limit it will crash (be terminated).

We have very carefully optimized BeBuzz to absolutely stay below that limit at any time. We have done many many many stress tests to make sure this never happens. Obviously we cannot test all situations that might happen out in the wild.

If BeBuzz stops working at any point you can help us make sure this is not due to this limit by doing the following:

• Open the Device Monitor. Go to 'Memory'. Is BeBuzz in the list? If it is, how much memory use is it showing?
    • How many contacts have you added to BeBuzz?
    • How many e-mail accounts do you have on your phone?
    • Do you have LED/sound or vibrate enabled for calendar events in BeBuzz?
    • Do you have the coverage indicator LED enabled in BeBuzz?

If BeBuzz isn't showing in the Device Monitor, launch the BeBuzz icon, then close the active frame again. Now check the Device Monitor again.
    Last edited by pfluger; 03-13-14 at 06:40 PM.
    03-12-14 06:55 PM
    Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:00 PM
    Hi!

Have you done a free reduced version headless too ?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:01 PM
    Works great on my z10

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:07 PM
    AWESOME!!! Thank you.
    03-12-14 07:14 PM
    Not available yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:16 PM
    A minimal lite version as seen on BBOS would be sick!

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2141 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2141
    03-12-14 07:29 PM
    After some initial hiccups with updating, it seems to be working fine now.

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    03-12-14 07:31 PM
    still having the hiccups...
    wurks when app is open like usual... when minimized, or when email/texts arrive, or opening the hub, status flash stops... setting are at what app recommends... any ideas anyone?
    03-12-14 07:35 PM
    Wicked! Thank you

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App
    03-12-14 07:53 PM
    Not available yet.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing for me either. BBW still has the 1.5 version listed.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:08 PM
    Try going to bbw click on myworld click on installed apps click on bebuzz pro that should have the update

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 08:29 PM
    Thanks...been waiting for this! This is worth the small cost. A lite version? C'mon, these people work hard. I probably can't say anymore than that since I would get a warning.
    03-12-14 08:29 PM
    Not showing in bbw
    03-12-14 08:42 PM
    Not showing in bbw
    Do a search for Bebuzz. Should come up. Don't search through updates
    03-12-14 08:54 PM
    OP, can you describe further the incompatibility with headless issue that makes you remove your popups? Is it that headless apps simply can't do any popups?

The BB10 toasts are nearly useless unless you happen to be looking at the phone so losing your popups is a pretty major loss. I have Bepopup for os7 and I lived by the popups that stayed there forever (and lit my screen).

ALso, can you clarify why you can't light the screen? I think I know the answer but would love to hear it from you.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 03-12-14 at 09:10 PM.
    03-12-14 08:56 PM
    It sometimes crashes when I add a contact. The contact I added before the crash is there when I restart it. It's a little annoying.
    thurask and thurask like this.
    03-12-14 09:19 PM
    OP, can you describe further the incompatibility with headless issue that makes you remove your popups? Is it that headless apps simply can't do any popups?

The BB10 toasts are nearly useless unless you happen to be looking at the phone so losing your popups is a pretty major loss. I have Bepopup for os7 and I lived by the popups that stayed there forever (and lit my screen).

ALso, can you clarify why you can't light the screen? I think I know the answer but would love to hear it from you.
    Wonder if you missed the home screen that has the notification? Or maybe the red star on texts or the led lit up? Wow!
    greenberry666 and thurask like this.
    03-12-14 09:37 PM
    Wonder if you missed the home screen that has the notification? Or maybe the red star on texts or the led lit up? Wow!
    What does this have to do with a pop up? They are only good if you open to the home screen (I assume you actually meant the lock screen) which only give you sender and subject anyway, you can't actually see the message. Red stars and red lights don't have words that show messages....thus the reason for popups.

WOW.
    03-12-14 09:40 PM
    What does this have to do with a pop up? They are only good if you open to the home screen (I assume you actually meant the lock screen) which only give you sender and subject anyway, you can't actually see the message. Red stars and red lights don't have words that show messages....thus the reason for popups.

WOW.
    Go back to os7...you'd complain if the ice cream was too cold, I believe.
    Last edited by rcs36; 03-12-14 at 10:55 PM.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-12-14 09:48 PM
    Go back to os7...you'd bi*** if the ice cream was to cold, I believe.
    You stay classy. But perhaps you could learn to write a sentence.
    acovey likes this.
    03-12-14 09:58 PM
    You stay classy. But perhaps you could learn to write a sentence.
    I am classy. I appreciate what the developer did with this app. If he had been able to put those features in, he would have. But, it's probably limited by BlackBerry, don't you think? And there is probably a reason for it, don't you think? I guess you don't.
    03-12-14 10:09 PM
    I am classy.
    Oh, yes, you are very classy. Calling someone a bi*** in a forum because they responded to you is pure class. Top notch. But doing it with that run-on sentence that actually went nowhere...well, that's takes it to a whole new level. You are a master.

I appreciate what the developer did with this app.
    So do I.

If he had been able to put those features in, he would have. But, it's probably limited by BlackBerry, don't you think?
    Yes, I do think this, which is why I LITERATELY said "I think I know the answer but I'd like to hear it from you". I guess you missed that part when you were busy being classy.

And there is probably a reason for it, don't you think? I guess you don't.
    There is always a reason for anything. But it's not always a good reason. What was the reason they didn't have a toast for nearly a year? Not because they don't like them or they won't work, but because they just took their time.

But thanks for voicing your opinion that I shouldn't be able to ask the developer a question in a thread that he started that invited people to ask questions. I'll never get to the level of class that you've achieved.
    acovey likes this.
    03-12-14 10:33 PM
    Still seeing the old version from December when I search BBW on my Z10.
    rcsgolf likes this.
    03-12-14 10:48 PM
    Oh, yes, you are very classy. Calling someone a bi*** in a forum because they responded to you is pure class. Top notch. But doing it with that run-on sentence that actually went nowhere...well, that's takes it to a whole new level. You are a master.

So do I.

Yes, I do think this, which is why I LITERATELY said "I think I know the answer but I'd like to hear it from you". I guess you missed that part when you were busy being classy.

There is always a reason for anything. But it's not always a good reason. What was the reason they didn't have a toast for nearly a year? Not because they don't like them or they won't work, but because they just took their time.

But thanks for voicing your opinion that I shouldn't be able to ask the developer a question in a thread that he started that invited people to ask questions. I'll never get to the level of class that you've achieved.
    You can think what you want. I would have also liked the ability to change the volumes on different contacts or apps like we could in os7 Bebuzz. I didn't feel the need to ask the question, because I figured the answer with my higher IQ.
    And I didn't call you that. It wasn't a noun. I will respectfully change it to "complain"
    rcsgolf likes this.
    03-12-14 10:50 PM
465 123 ...