As you might know there are apps for connecting the Pebble (pBBl, Talk2Watch) but I'm not aware of any other watch working with Blackberry. In the past I created similar clients (OpenWatch/smartWatchM) for Blackberry (OS 4.x/5.x), Android, Windows Mobile, Meago, iOS etc (smartmadsoft.com) and now I'm moving to Blackberry 10.

Right now I'm working on Blackberry client already partially supporting Qualcomm Toq. Only phone calls work for now as most other things require implementation of OBEX protocol which means additional amount of work.
    I hope I also get my hand on Casio Bluetooth watches next month.

BBQ v0.1.1
    Download from: beta.smartmadsoft.com

Currently supported features:
    • Time sync on connect
    • Phone call notifications
    • SMS&E-mail/ActiveSync notifications (BBM probably too but not tested)
    • Music player control

Warning!
    • This version is just a demo for me to try and learn features of both BB OS and Toq. I plan to properly structure and rewrite BBQ (and publish source) once I explore and test the protocol fully.
    • Not all cases are handled so starting action such as accepting phone call might result in unexpected behavior.
    • Toq does not properly handle inconsistent data so sometimes it resets itself, other times you have to reset it from menu.
    • Music player control - without meta data for now
    • No log/databases of messages/contacts/events on the watch yet so after discarding notification you won't be able to re-read it.
    • No headless app, No proper GUI, No autostart/autoconnect - I will work on these but just not yet
    • Do not buy Toq just because of this app because I can't guarantee it will work/continue working (as I don't have any official specifications).
    Last edited by moneytoo; 01-31-14 at 12:51 PM.
    01-12-14 08:09 AM
    Looks good! Keep us posted!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 08:14 AM
    Awesome! I'll show my uncle this, as he wanted to buy a Toq to accompany his Z

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 09:19 AM
    Beta testing?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:03 PM
    Keep going. I'd like to see this come to the light.

Posted via Q10
    01-14-14 10:46 AM
    Just so I understand...
    Is the current api in bb10 10.2. providing you better data including, the who is calling name, feature.
    Just curious... in terms of time-line. Thanks, looks great.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 08:43 PM
    Very nice. This is one that I've been waiting for.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 01:16 AM
    If anyone's interested, I updated the post with a first version of BBQ. So if you have a Toq, just pair it with your BlackBerry in system settings, start BBQ and select Connect to Toq.
    01-19-14 06:36 PM
    If anyone's interested, I updated the post with a first version of BBQ. So if you have a Toq, just pair it with your BlackBerry in system settings, start BBQ and select Connect to Toq.
    Thanks! I downloaded the beta and I definitely get email notifications and the built in SMS test works(I haven't tested a real time SMS). But the clock seems to be 4 hours behind. I'm in Mountain Standard Time USA (MST - 7:00). The time on my Blackberry Z30 BBOS 10.2.1.195/BB Software Release 10.2.1.537 is correct of course.

Hopefully Qualcomm will release a SDK or API to make things a bit easier soon. :/
    01-30-14 02:21 PM
    I will try to fix the time zone thing this weekend. So far I didn't abide the phone time zone and was sending hard coded requests to the watch. I understand this is pretty important feature on a watch
    01-30-14 04:30 PM
    @SpencerNSO: Time should be set properly now.
    01-31-14 12:52 PM
    i don't own this watch but i salute tour effort to support BB10.
    Keep em coming!
    02-01-14 03:10 AM
    @SpencerNSO: Time should be set properly now.
    Cool. I went to download the new version today at the beta.smartmadsoft.com link in the original post, but the listing for "BBQ.bar v0.1.1 (20140131)" is a zip file now. It's no longer a BAR file. I'm not sure how to install and run it.
    02-02-14 03:50 PM
    Just rename zip to bar. I also fixed configuration on server so it browsers should not rename the extension.
    02-02-14 04:38 PM
    What did you use to do this? It seems like it's all BB API driven. Can you give me some clues as to how you approached this? I don't suppose the source is available anywhere? There is a placekeeper on the Qualcomm development site that makes it appear as though the SDK will be available soon.
    02-07-14 12:18 PM
    @danainsd: I wrote a Bluetooth proxy that forwards traffic between the watch and Android phone so I was able to easily sniff the whole communication and reverse engineer the protocol.
    02-07-14 12:44 PM
    Any chance you can save me the trouble of sniffing it out?
    By the way I've asked a number of Qualcomm people why Android is the only platform the watch can pair with and the answer was "Additional software (duh...on the new platform side) and additional HARDWARE is needed. I replied to that "I'm not convinced, why?" and got no further response.
    02-07-14 06:37 PM
    The Toq SDK now has content. What a disappointment!!!!! "Deck of cards" apps on an Android phone that updates cards on the watch.

Give me a break!!!!!!
    02-09-14 08:05 PM