I swap between my classic & Z30 but my BBM is not swapping over now as it used to now my BBM is not working properly, do any of you lovely people out there have any Ideas to help.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 05:05 AM
    [INFO]Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Facebook notification will not show in the hub” or “How do I use Glympse on BBM? ” [/INFO]

I made the adjustment to your title that should improve your chances of getting an answer.
    04-30-15 09:09 AM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    04-30-15 02:28 PM
    There is a limited amount of times you can switch BBM in a time period (I believe it's per year)

You'll have to call Blackberry to get them to reset the limit for you.

Work Wide and Prosper
    04-30-15 02:42 PM
    Thank you for your reply`s I will have to phone BlackBerry try to explain my problem better next time, trying the reset unfortunately no joy
    Thank you all for your inputs.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 04:51 PM
    If true that there is a switching limit, I think this is utterly ridiculous.
    Not only does BBM always make trouble when switching phones (eg always scary to sit and wait if your groups wil reappear, and if yes, if all the content will still be there), a switching limit has no justification imho.
    I'm switching BB phones every other week, and hope I will NOT run into a limitation any time soon. The 'regular' BBM switching issues are bad enough.

Actually, I think that BB should make phone changes/BBM migration as easy as possible, and by no means limit it. Or, even better would be for BBM to support multi device environments, so that I could use it on 2 (or more?) devices, without having to 'switch'! That would push phone sales!
    04-30-15 05:12 PM
    Well, this could have changed. But the limit, if it still exists, is something like 15 times a year. Which make sense. That should be more than enough times for the average user.

However, they may have removed this limit with iOS and Android coming into the mix.

Work Wide and Prosper
    05-01-15 02:36 PM
    Can someone explain to me why a switching limit 'makes sense'? And who for?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 04:11 PM
    Can someone explain to me why a switching limit 'makes sense'? And who for?

Posted via CB10
    It makes sense for BlackBerry, because they have to make sure their servers keep up with it, and that they push notifications to the right Blackberry, and not to the older one.

It also makes sense for consumers, who for the most part don't change phones 15 times a year.

Work Wide and Prosper
    05-01-15 05:33 PM
    It makes sense for BlackBerry, because they have to make sure their servers keep up with it, and that they push notifications to the right Blackberry, and not to the older one.
    This could also be achieved by e.g. a switch lock of an hour or so, to give the servers the chance to do what is needed, before a new switch may happen.
    A limit of 'how many times allowed' is pointless, unless their server capacity is so weak that they can't handle a few users worldwide switching phones once per week or so. I don't think there are many like that, and those who are, are great BB customers, as they purchased more than one phone (hopefully BBs of course), and they should not be limited by restrictions that make no sense at all for them.

It also makes sense for consumers, who for the most part don't change phones 15 times a year.
    I still don't get it. Why does it 'make sense' for a user who switches - let's say - only twice each year? Totally irrelevant.
    And why does it 'make sense' for a user who switches 16 times or more each year? Even more pointless, as he/she will get punished for wanting to use more than one phone.
    05-02-15 06:45 AM
    I swap between my classic & Z30 but my BBM is not swapping over now as it used to now my BBM is not working properly, do any of you lovely people out there have any Ideas to help.

Posted via CB10
    It happened to me today when I swapped phones. I fixed it by installing the latest BBM version from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 10:45 PM
    It happened to me today when I swapped phones. I fixed it by installing the latest BBM version from BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    Everytime I restore my Z10 I Always lose All of my chat history could you please explain the process on how you got yours to work Thnks.
    05-14-15 08:04 AM