But it is a fact that not keeping the users updated with availability and ETA is what BlackBerry is doing wrong now. Good device, good OS, but let's not be touchy about what still needs to be improved.

Posted via CB10
    You're missing something...BlackBerry isn't responsible for the apps. How is BlackBerry responsible to keep you updated with something that really has nothing to do with them? If you're so bummed out about the lack of apps, look at the devs and ask them why they're not keeping you updated on availability.

Posted via CB10 with my BB10 Z10
    04-15-13 10:34 AM
    Glad to report that Scotiabank announced their BB10 app.
    04-15-13 10:50 AM
    Glad to report that Scotiabank announced their BB10 app.
    Nice ...now if TD would get their app out there...

04-15-13 10:55 AM
    I have far more apps on my Z10 than I have had on any other blackberry. That is a start, more will come! Why are people so impatient?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:03 AM
    I think you are missing the point altogether here. I have had the phone (after following every update on BB10 for a year, like everyone else) for over a month and a half now, I am happy with it and am fine with work arounds till the apps arrive. So patience is not even a question here. Point is why are people being so touchy when a user, who is happy with the phone, points out what's lacking. Yes he knows, and knew it from the start, that apps will come with time. But it is a fact that not keeping the users updated with availability and ETA is what BlackBerry is doing wrong now. Good device, good OS, but let's not be touchy about what still needs to be improved.

Posted via CB10
    I could reply to the OP, but it also is in answer to your question. There are hundreds of threads about the apps that you cannot get with a Z10. This isn't a new issue, yet countless new threads are started that say the same things as before.

The apps you need may or may not come to BB10.

Either return the phone, or deal with it.
    Tommy legend likes this.
    04-15-13 11:14 AM
    I have far more apps on my Z10 than I have had on any other blackberry. That is a start, more will come! Why are people so impatient?

Posted via CB10
    This is true. I am really liking all the apps that I have.
    04-15-13 11:15 AM
    To be honest, I also want some of those apps, but I'm too lazy to go after each and every single developper and hoping for the best.

Anybody else want to volunteer?
    Me, I'll patiently wait. Happy Camper as for now.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 11:15 AM
    Nice ...now if TD would get their app out there...

I did phone the area of Scotiabank that deals with their Apps .. every little bit helps. They have a good App.
    04-15-13 01:20 PM
    Ys and ys bb10 need more app to survive.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 01:39 PM
    Why thank you Captain Obvious Man! With your super powers of insight you have saved the village!
    04-15-13 01:44 PM
    I could reply to the OP, but it also is in answer to your question. There are hundreds of threads about the apps that you cannot get with a Z10. This isn't a new issue, yet countless new threads are started that say the same things as before.

The apps you need may or may not come to BB10.

Either return the phone, or deal with it.
    @HedoBum make sure you do read first. I never said BlackBerry makes app. BlackBerry does not make apps; however, BlackBerry does make announcements about what apps they are promising to the users.

@DeniseInLA lack of apps isn't a new issue, yes. But lack of ownership or follow up on the announcements is sad, if not totally new. There is no official word on when the users can expect the announced apps to arrive. Tell me that it's going to take another 6 months for Skype to arrive. I am cool with that. Own up! But to just make an announcement and not even care to follow up on that for months is simply unprofessional. Or irritating.

The OP said he loved his Z10, but doesn't get apps he'd like to have, and that this must change. He did not say "No apps? Z10 sucks." Redundant? May be. But definitely not negative.

Personally, I can work around the lack of basic apps until they arrive. Not a deal breaker for me. With an official announcement though, I can, and will, expect people who make announcements to own up and follow up.

BlackBerry is not responsible for making apps, but BlackBerry is responsible for on-boarding of apps. Users aren't. I mean users, in general, have the options to switch their mobile platform or the device. BlackBerry or any other mobile company, on the other hand, doesn't have the choice to switch users. So yeah, "return the phone" isn't really an ideal solution from BlackBerry's pov.

Posted via CB10
    mousmah likes this.
    04-15-13 03:01 PM
    @HedoBum make sure you do read first. I never said BlackBerry makes app. BlackBerry does not make apps; however, BlackBerry does make announcements about what apps they are promising to the users.

@DeniseInLA lack of apps isn't a new issue, yes. But lack of ownership or follow up on the announcements is sad, if not totally new. There is no official word on when the users can expect the announced apps to arrive. Tell me that it's going to take another 6 months for Skype to arrive. I am cool with that. Own up! But to just make an announcement and not even care to follow up on that for months is simply unprofessional. Or irritating.

The OP said he loved his Z10, but doesn't get apps he'd like to have, and that this must change. He did not say "No apps? Z10 sucks." Redundant? May be. But definitely not negative.

Personally, I can work around the lack of basic apps until they arrive. Not a deal breaker for me. With an official announcement though, I can, and will, expect people who make announcements to own up and follow up.

BlackBerry is not responsible for making apps, but BlackBerry is responsible for on-boarding of apps. Users aren't. I mean users, in general, have the options to switch their mobile platform or the device. BlackBerry or any other mobile company, on the other hand, doesn't have the choice to switch users. So yeah, "return the phone" isn't really an ideal solution from BlackBerry's pov.

Posted via CB10
    He didn't need to start a new thread. We all already know some apps aren't available, but making redundant threads will not solve his problem.
    04-15-13 03:35 PM
    I have 2 more apps that I will sideload tonight. .Plenty of apps are available if you look for them
    04-15-13 03:37 PM
    He didn't need to start a new thread. We all already know some apps aren't available, but making redundant threads will not solve his problem.
    Can't argue on that. Guess you are right.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:38 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, we weren't aware

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 03:47 PM
    If you want apps on BB10, go to my thread below, contact info is available for many, many developers. Fire off an email to the ones you want. This is the only way developers are going to invest resources, if they see a demand.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    Ankit RS likes this.
    04-15-13 04:00 PM
41 12