How are some apps in bb 7 not available in bb10 ?
    Last edited by Aljean Thein; 02-01-13 at 12:49 AM.
    02-01-13 12:06 AM
    How are some apps in bb 7 not available in bb10 ?
    Because its a whole different operating system. A BB10 app is radically different from a BB7 app. Developers aren't just tweaking a few things and sending it out, they have to basically re-build the whole damn thing from scratch. So a lot of dev teams that are small or busy have yet to finish off the BB10 versions of their apps.
    02-01-13 01:31 AM
    Blackberry should have made sure their native apps are on there though. No travel or podcast app is a disappointment to me. The device itself is great though so I hope they sort those apps soon.
    02-01-13 03:22 AM
    whatapp , googlemaps , viber , then im sold
    02-01-13 03:40 AM
    need spotify and then I'll buy one.
    02-01-13 03:41 PM
    No Instagram, Netflix, Hulu, Temple Run, HBO Go, Pandora, Uber, Google Maps, or Dropbox??? Those are some pretty big gaps! I have a 9900 and have been on BB since the original Pearl (plus have my company employees) and I am just tired of not being able to do everything on my phone that I could do with iOS or Android. I think these are too big of gaps... What other apps are missing and what do you think of these gaps?
    Chicken/egg

Apps have to come first or the device has to come first. Some app developers came first, some didn't. One devs see that the phone is coming first given their perspecitve, they will join in.
    02-01-13 03:49 PM
    SugarSync, Trapster, Stocktwits, Stockwatch, TD Waterhouse, RBC
    Interesting - I thought RIM knuckled-under to law-enforcement pressure and kicked Trapster off AppWorld? Did they rescind that?
    02-03-13 01:04 AM
    whatapp , googlemaps , viber , then im sold
    WhatsApp has been confirmed as coming out with a BB10 app, we just don't have a timeframe yet.

Some people have reported successfully side-loading the Android version, if you can't wait.

Same thing with Google Maps.
    02-03-13 01:10 AM
    WhatsApp has been confirmed as coming out with a BB10 app, we just don't have a timeframe yet.

Some people have reported successfully side-loading the Android version, if you can't wait.

Same thing with Google Maps.
    Yea I got Google maps and whatsapp to run perfectly
    02-03-13 03:14 AM
    I just received an email from UberSocial support to say that they will be porting their Android app over soon. No more info, simply a one line reply!
    02-04-13 01:27 PM
    Dropbox is built into the OS and works vary nicely. I have found you can access dropbox from most applications.
    02-04-13 02:04 PM
    To use your favorite cloud storage services, please use PlayCloud 10 available in the BlackBerry World.

If cloud service missing just request it, and I'll add.

Nicolas
    02-04-13 02:16 PM
    A hugely painful one for me -and a deal-breaker- is that there isn't a professional grade Jabber-XMPP application. Ouch. Sadly I will have to return my Z10 because of that. "Beem" is there but I just can't make it work the way Beejive used to work on the BB Bold 9900.

Oh and the Kindle app is there, but is buggy - stays "loading" in the home screen half the time.
    04-02-13 05:04 PM
    Bloomberg, Shazam, FT.com, UberSocial and ooVoo are the one's that would make my Z10 perfect for me
    04-02-13 05:58 PM
    I have contact info for these and many others in a thread I created. I have got responses from almost all of them, some saying their apps are in development, some saying they are essentially taking a wait-and-see approach with BB10, some just flat out saying they have no plans to support BB10 at all. I would suggest having a look, and fire off an email to the ones you're interested in. This is the only way that developers will see there is interest in BB10 and invest resources into it:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/

No Instagram, Netflix, Hulu, Temple Run, HBO Go, Pandora, Uber, Google Maps, or Dropbox??? Those are some pretty big gaps! I have a 9900 and have been on BB since the original Pearl (plus have my company employees) and I am just tired of not being able to do everything on my phone that I could do with iOS or Android. I think these are too big of gaps... What other apps are missing and what do you think of these gaps?
    04-02-13 08:38 PM
40 12