[BB10] MeeBirthdays - copy birthdays to the Calendar
This app can create Events in Calendar for contact's Birtdays.
It will scan through the contacts and extract all items that have field "Birthday" or "Anniversary".
For this contacts it can make Event in a Phone's Calendar with one click.
- List sort by Birth date
- Active calendar selection
- Anniversaries included in a list
- Calculating age for contact
- Optional reminder creation
- Batch calendar events creation
- Batch events removal from calendar
- English, Russian lang
MeeBirthdays @ BB AppWorld
- 02-04-13, 01:06 AM #2
But, for those that have a FB they have Birthday Notifications....I mean don't get me wrong. I want to get this app for my future Z10 for those that Don't have FB.I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
Current version searches through all contacts that can be fount in BB's address book - it does not matter from where did the contacts came from ( FB, Google, etc...)
But I think it's an interesting idea to make contacts filter by source
Yes. I know this bug. It's fixed long time ago, and am waiting more than a month for new version to be approved in the AppWorld.
It will be there, but I don't know when
p.s. there will be new features in the app in a new pending version...
A new 1.4 version is available at BB World.
New in this version:
- background contacts loading
- instant list updates on contacts information changing
- instatnt search
- fixed bug with 29 feb
- in-app payment added
Updates in 1.4.2 was small (and 1.4.3 fixes bug from 1.4.2):
- new toggle selection button
- and "age", wich can be added to events now is different for each next year.
As for options - you can see possible options on screenshot in AppWorld.
- 09-20-13, 02:19 AM #13
I have one issue with the app. Most of the birthdays/anniversaries are picked up correctly, i.e. correct name and of course date.
Only one contact does not work - unfortunately the contact of my partner. Instead of showing when it shows the birthday/anniversary the name of the Contact, MeeBirthdays shows the Skype name.
I have other contacts with Skype information as well but for them the correct name, i.e. the name I see in Contacts is show.
Any idea why for this one contact the Skype alias and not the name from Contacts is used?
MeeBirthdays uses First Name and Last Name of the contacts.
Try opening your contact and goto edit mode - than check name fields.
Also, if it's a combined (linked) contact - try to unlink it, than combine (link) again - and be sure to first select not Skype contact.
Or I just can add NickName field parsing to the app's logic.
- 09-21-13, 01:15 AM #15
But as I (after I unlinked the skype from the main contact) linked the skype contact explicitly in the contact edit mode, it worked
Cool - many thanks. Not only a nice and helpful app but also great support. To show my appreciation, I purchased the app (though I don't think I need the add. options)
- CrackBerry User
12-28-13, 01:09 PM #16
- 21 Posts
Nice app. Kind of flakey, though.
1) currently, the Subject line entered by the app reads "John Smith (27)'s birthday" when adding age. I suggest "John Smith's Birthday (27)" -- capitalize Birthday and place age last. Easier on the eyes and grammatically correct.
2) anniversaries currently read: "John Smith (11)". I suggest "John Smith's Anniversary (11)"
3) All events should start on the event's date (including year), not this year.
- By kickst4rt in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-04-12, 02:25 PM
- By kickst4rt in forum BlackBerry Curve 3GReplies: 0Last Post: 03-04-12, 04:13 AM
- By kickst4rt in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-04-12, 04:01 AM
- By vi101 in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-11, 11:50 PM
- By vi101 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-09-11, 11:50 PM