I would like to have a GPS application that just shows my current route/streets without having a destination address. I have not figured out how to get BB10 Maps to do that. Can it be done or are there any free applications that can?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 01:19 PM
    I would like to have a GPS application that just shows my current route/streets without having a destination address. I have not figured out how to get BB10 Maps to do that. Can it be done or are there any free applications that can?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    When I open it, it shows my current position and surrounding streets. I have not tried using it as I drive around - are you saying it does not track your movements?
    12-11-13 02:50 PM
    Yes I'm not sure what you mean as well. When I first open BBMaps it is just a basic map/location screen I can scroll around relative to where I am located.

The cheapest Free alternative is just open Google Maps in your browser which works very well and then choose "Add to Homescreen" from the 3 dot menu list to have a dedicated GMaps icon to launch it each time.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-11-13 03:00 PM
    Check your master settings in Location Services. Be sure location services and traffic data collection are on.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    12-11-13 05:58 PM
    Check your master settings in Location Services. Be sure location services and traffic data collection are on.

Posted via CB10
    I have those settings on.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:53 PM
    Yes I'm not sure what you mean as well. When I first open BBMaps it is just a basic map/location screen I can scroll around relative to where I am located.

The cheapest Free alternative is just open Google Maps in your browser which works very well and then choose "Add to Homescreen" from the 3 dot menu list to have a dedicated GMaps icon to launch it each time.
    Correct. I will look into Google maps browser. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:54 PM
    When I open it, it shows my current position and surrounding streets. I have not tried using it as I drive around - are you saying it does not track your movements?
    Yes. I can't figure out how to track movement like old OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:56 PM
    Tried Google Maps- same issue. I have to enter start and end locations for it to show anything. I'm just looking for something to show where I am driving without having to enter a destination. Thanks anyway. Anyone else have any other ideas?
    12-12-13 09:51 AM
    Tried Google Maps- same issue. I have to enter start and end locations for it to show anything. I'm just looking for something to show where I am driving without having to enter a destination. Thanks anyway. Anyone else have any other ideas?
    Waze?
    12-12-13 10:00 AM
    Only other things I can think of are a device reset, or use BlackBerry Link to restore to factory settings.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:50 PM
    I think we are confused by what you mean by "show where I'm driving" All the options above will give you a blue dot indicating your present location and will follow you as you drive so you know where you are....zoom in closer for more detail on intersections, etc.

If you are referring to the typical 3D GPS navigation type view there is a great app with a terrible name called Mireo Don't Panic. It is the most full featured GPS Navigation app I've found. It also works off-line without needing a mobile connection - just using your GPS chip which is great for saving data usage and low access areas. There is a one time cost to buy the Map file for your country/continent but well worth it. It will function like a typical 3D view without having a destination.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=CA
    Last edited by jstirtzinger; 12-13-13 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added Mireo info
    FF22 likes this.
    12-13-13 07:59 AM