Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB10 connect to remote server to browse files app

I have my Z10 and i have searched the forums, but i need an app to connect to my server IP address so i can view/edit remote files!
    Can anyone recommend an App, my iphone and S2 both have great apps for this but i need it on my Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

i've found an app called andSMB in BB world, it costs 5.00 and can connect to a Windows SMB, works pretty well, looks like an Android port! will do me for now....
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by bluelights View Post
    I have my Z10 and i have searched the forums, but i need an app to connect to my server IP address so i can view/edit remote files!
    Can anyone recommend an App, my iphone and S2 both have great apps for this but i need it on my Z10
    To connect to CIFS / SMB sharing from BlackBerry 10, it's for the moment quiet difficult.

Indeed, you can only find Android port... In C/C++ (on QNX), we haven't really got libraries to access to CIFS / SMB sharing. I have already requested RIM for it.

Otherwise, if you use FTP / Webdav, you can find some native applications such as "PlayCloud 10" ( Sorry, if I do ad for my app ).

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...review-751557/

I'm working to find a solution to have a native solution to access to CIFS / SMB sharing.

Regards,

Nicolas
    CrackBerry Abuser

I'm hoping to get my Z10 on Feb 5th. Three file utility apps I use on my PB that will have a home on my Z10 are LAN File Explorer (which might fulfill your specific needs), Files & Folders, and Ghost Commander (Android).
    Mike
    -----
    Z30+64
    PB 64
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: BB10 connect to remote server to browse files app

Quote Originally Posted by MPG Vancouver View Post
    I'm hoping to get my Z10 on Feb 5th. Three file utility apps I use on my PB that will have a home on my Z10 are LAN File Explorer (which might fulfill your specific needs), Files & Folders, and Ghost Commander (Android).
    Try "PlayCloud 10 Free" for BB10...

Nicolas