Help me find some apps for my wife and I, please. I have the Z10 and we are picking up her Q10 tomorrow. We need:

1. A shopping list app that when updated on one phone will automatically update on the other. She currently sends me BBMs from her Torch, sending a new bbm for each item she adds. Though a dedicated 'shopping list' app is not necessary, the app must at least perform this function and be simple enough for my wife (a newbie) to use.

2. A calendar function app. We have six active kids all under 17. Between hockey, piano, birthday parites, etc. we need a calendar app that either of us can update and it will show up in each other's calendars. It should allow private (she doesn't want her calendar littered with my NHL Sens gamedays and I don't need her Glee schedules) and shared. We don't have Outlook. We use Mozilla's Firefox/Thunderbird and I have a couple of gmail accounts (one I use for my son's hockey schedule calendar).

3. Any other app suggestions you can think of for us to share?

THANKS.
    09-18-13 10:31 AM
    For the calendar, depending on your email provider you should be able to set up a shared calendar to do exactly what you want. Gmail and outlook certainly support this.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1725
    09-18-13 10:32 AM
    For shared real time shopping list- Evernote should do this (and more) for you.

Posted via CB10
    BlueRocks likes this.
    09-18-13 10:54 AM
    Thanks. I was thinking of Evernote but it might be too overwhelming for her just starting out. There must be something simpler.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:10 AM
    You dont need to use third party apps. Just use BBM Groups. You can chat, share calenders and make lists.
    BlueRocks likes this.
    09-18-13 11:19 AM
    You dont need to use third party apps. Just use BBM Groups. You can chat, share calenders and make lists.
    You are absolutely right, BBM Group is the easy solution

To the OP, if you are not used to BBM Group, you may want to read this http://blogs.blackberry.com/2010/08/bbm-groups/
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2011/11/bbm-group-setup/
    BlueRocks and dehdude like this.
    09-18-13 11:32 AM
    For shopping apps, I am aware of two options
    - Upvise - not purely a shopping app, but has a pretty good shopping subsection built in. my wife and I have been using it on BB, Android, IPad and now Bb10. I don't love the interface currently though. oddly enough the bb7 interface worked better. I am considering switching to...
    - Our groceries - haven't tried it recently, but has a bb10 and Web interface. has a good feature set.

Posted via CB10
    BlueRocks likes this.
    09-18-13 12:09 PM
    1) OurGroceries ShoppingList is available in BlackBerry App World. This is the best shopping list generator I've ever used. Cross platform and updates instantly. Make lists for any store or shopping/errand trip. Free form item entry that remembers previous items you've listed. We've hit the store using this app and have purchased a month's worth of groceries in a half hour. Amazing app.

2) Since you're both on BlackBerry, BBM makes sense for calendar sharing. Cross platform, I'd use AirSet.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:31 PM
    I use Upvise for shopping lists. I must admit that Chengj was right - it worked better on OS7, but it still does the job on BB10 quite well. I like that it is shared and also available on the web so you can easily add items that way and then check them on the phones. I'll have to try out Our Groceries to see if it works any better.
    09-18-13 01:39 PM
    Definitely BBM groups.
    - Event feature will put the notification on your lock screen.
    - You can add location, and it pulls messages.from your phone and groups it as well
    - intergrated with native calendar.

- Lists feature allows you to receive updates instantly including a notification
    - Assign certain item to an invidiual
    - Assign priority and due date

Plus you get a separate conversation to keep things more organised.

Just started using this, was previously using mygroceries which was actually very functional.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 02:02 PM
    How did I, an avid BlackBerry fanatic and BBM user, not know about BBM Groups?

I set it up last night and invited my wife and eldest son. Within minutes he had added 'toothbrush ' to my shopping list!

Unfortunately I can't seem to change current calendar entries from my default local calendar to the new shared group calendar. At least I have not started putting in the hockey schedules yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

How about any other sharing apps?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:02 PM
    How did I, an avid BlackBerry fanatic and BBM user, not know about BBM Groups?

I set it up last night and invited my wife and eldest son. Within minutes he had added 'toothbrush ' to my shopping list!

Unfortunately I can't seem to change current calendar entries from my default local calendar to the new shared group calendar. At least I have not started putting in the hockey schedules yet.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

How about any other sharing apps?

Posted via CB10
    Remember the Milk (but you need the paid account) shall work for the shopping list
    09-19-13 10:30 PM