OK,
    I have the Z30 running 10.2.1.2126
    When I connect to the Google Chrome web-plugin and browse the applications, I notice the column named 'source' have different entries.
    One particular entry is named 'websl' where most of the items are identified as.

Anyone know the meaning behind this definition?
    There was a recent application installed on my device named 'Client' that I am looking to get more information about.

Anyone know of a way to 'pull' that installed file(s) off the device for manual examination?
    04-13-14 12:34 PM
    OK,
    I have the Z30 running 10.2.1.2126
    When I connect to the Google Chrome web-plugin and browse the applications, I notice the column named 'source' have different entries.
    One particular entry is named 'websl' where most of the items are identified as.

Anyone know the meaning behind this definition?
    There was a recent application installed on my device named 'Client' that I am looking to get more information about.

Anyone know of a way to 'pull' that installed file(s) off the device for manual examination?
    I don't think there is any way to grab installed apps off of the device, sorry.

Anyway, the following are the possible source values:
    websl: Installed through OS upgrade/install
    developer: Sideloaded BAR file
    AppWorld: Installed through BB World
    BetaZone: Installed through Beta Zone
    apk: Installed APK
    04-13-14 01:18 PM
    See, now I find that interesting.
    Apparently, there is a way to connect the device via USB, and load an application with the 'websl' identification and it only be a small BAR file.

Thoughts on how this is accomplished especially if the source is not from BBRY?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 02:44 PM
    What I had discovered, if the app was installed from BBWorld, the name is a LINK is active and will take you to the BBWorld page.
    04-13-14 03:15 PM
    See, now I find that interesting.
    Apparently, there is a way to connect the device via USB, and load an application with the 'websl' identification and it only be a small BAR file.

Thoughts on how this is accomplished especially if the source is not from BBRY?

Posted via CB10
    Sachesi?

I think "developer" might only be for applications loaded while Developer Mode is on, which Sachesi doesn't need.
    04-13-14 03:21 PM
    not sachesi, and the device was not in developer mode during this process.

let me give you some additional background on this.....
    i am in the Computer Forensic Technology group of a company i cannot currently name. my specialty is in mobile device collection and analysis. Up until the last month, the BB Z30 could not be collected using a commercially grade product for Mobile Device Forensics. As of recent, this device came under the supported device list. So I used my device as a test

The process placed an application on my device called 'Client' which runs and communicates with the collection hardware. I left the app on my device and this is where I was able to determine it was loaded as source 'websl'.

Thoughts on how an application can arrive on the device without developer more enabled and no user interaction?
    04-13-14 07:28 PM
    Backup using BlackBerry Link should be websl.

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-13-14 07:34 PM