I know that if my phone was not being practical for my business use I would change it in a second!
    I do have a 2nd phone, and it's called an HTC One. Great phone but Andorid is terrible. So many time I carry both with me. If the BB10 sucked I would be outta here a while a go.. but even though the o/s still needs to mature and there are issues ( locking, rebooting, etc) it is still a great O/S and those issues will be solved sooner than later.

I knew when I got my first playbook that O/S with swipes / gestures was they way to go.

So that's why I stay with them for the moment.

j
    Last edited by advcomputer; 05-28-13 at 12:07 PM.
    05-28-13 11:56 AM
    I do have a 2nd phone, and it's called an HTC One. Great phone but Andorid is terrible. So many time I carry both with. If the BB10 sucked I would be outta here a while a go.. but even though the o/s still needs to mature and there are issues ( locking, rebooting, etc) it is still a great O/S and those issues will be solved sooner than later.

I knew when I got my first playbook that O/S with swipes / gestures was they way to go.

So that's why I stay with them for the moment.

j
    Agreed on the HTC One, great phone. I do not like android for my use though. I see your point and respect it. I am just saying, I am of the belief that BB will pull through, they are working on it and as a total, in a personal note, I can do my stuff on my Z10 perfectly and then some with no sweat. For me, as an overall experience it is positive for business use (I get my CISCO and X2 server apps etc, that is a big deal for me for example). So I am content.

It is only natural that for some it will not yet be a daily driver ( I know that if I did not get "forever" option or If I could not use Active Sync for work email and had gotten stuck with POP3 30 days limitation, I would be on stall for instance, but this got fixed). This is how you are experiencing it, as a wait and see for your needs. I respect that. The phone should be serving the user. Agreed.

I think that in the bigger picture, we all know that BB will get even better, they are fighting many fronts and the first feedback seems to be very positive, both in practice (updates flows and features fixed) and in theory (where they are supposedly going).

Now if we stick for the ride or not, this is a personal choice for each. I for one have all I need to stay and then some at the moment.

But I sincerely think they are off their butts and running to get things sorted... their survival depends on it. Huge turnaround in few a time for a company this size. I believe what we see is possible, most would not have pulled off half of what BB has done if you want my opinion. That does not make the OS mature just by making that statement, that is true, but it does give serious indications of how determined the company and its people are. So my guess, they will pul through.
    05-28-13 12:08 PM
    Best advice for Blackberry. I'm hoping someone at Blackberry reads this and ships the phone to Netflix ASAP! While they are at it they should Ship a phone to all major App CEOs. They are already doing that for Tech bloggers.
    Every single media person in each major city should also all have gotten free phones. Strategic placement of this device would have gone a long ways with improving the public sentiment of BlackBerry as a whole.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:53 PM
    Every single media person in each major city should also all have gotten free phones. Strategic placement of this device would have gone a long ways with improving the public sentiment of BlackBerry as a whole.

Posted via CB10
    Because giving cnet a BlackBerryZ10 just to mock it was a great idea.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 04:04 PM
    Because giving cnet a BlackBerryZ10 just to mock it was a great idea.

Posted via CB10
    No choice. If you don't then they'll say that the phone must not be ready for prime time and ask what BBRY has to hide.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 05:22 PM
    You keep saying it is not your job. Are you a consumer or not? It is the consumers job to tell companies what they want. I still think you just want to whine.
    There's no point in trying to reason with lazy, stupid, and ignorant Americans like the OP, it's like talking to a brick wall

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    R Field likes this.
    05-28-13 05:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're assuming that everyone who touches a Z10 is going to "get" it the way we do.

Has it occurred to you that by "gifting" that many units (which would be thousands, and isn't even ethical to give to reporters/news anchors), that a pretty significant number would just end up on eBay, depressing sales for new units?

You can't MAKE people like your product. All you can do is build the best product you can and help it find its market. Believe it or not, the Z10 just isn't in a position to appeal to the majority of iOS and Android users yet.
    05-28-13 06:09 PM
    There's no point in trying to reason with lazy, stupid, and ignorant Americans like the OP, it's like talking to a brick wall

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    Wow what a moron.
    Without the "lazy americans" That's one damn nasty comment and you dirtymike must have the brains of a flee.

Without the american market BB is done with and without the US protecting your Canadian *** you would be through. I know your taxes and VAT would go up because you would then have to pay for a military, something you don't really do now cause you glom off the US.

I would bet Canada gets more from the US then the US gets from Canada. And it's an American company kicking your *** with the iPhone so take your lazy crap and go blow, dumb *** moron
    05-28-13 09:41 PM
    Wow what a moron.
    Without the "lazy americans" That's one damn nasty comment and you dirtymike must have the brains of a flee.

Without the american market BB is through and without the US protecting your Canadian *** you would be through. I know your taxes and VAT would go up because you would then have to pay for a military, something you don't really do now cause you glom off the US.
    You are both off your rockers. American's are not lazy, but they did vote in George Bush. Twice.. But who is the US protecting Canada from? In fact, if Canada was attacked, NATO would be the first one to come to its defense. NATO is more than just the US. And the American market for BB is overstated, there are more consumers in other parts of the world that buy BB's more than the US.
    05-28-13 09:46 PM
    NATO is more than just the US.
    NATO's largest contributor is the US at 22%. Canada's barley 5%

And the American market for BB is overstated, there are more consumers in other parts of the world that buy BB's more than the US.
    Other parts of the world are not purchasing as many BB because they are not carrier subsidized.

American's are not lazy, but they did vote in George Bush. Twice..
    For the most part, the economy was pretty good under him and we were not 16 trillion $$$ in debt as we are now and I believe unemployment was around 4%. Don't think that's the case under our current president.
    05-28-13 09:51 PM
    NATO's largest contributor is the US at 22%. Canada's barley 5%
    SO the US is only just a little of 1/5th of NATO. You never did say who the US is protecting Canada from.

Other parts of the world are not purchasing as many BB because they are not carrier subsidized.
    NA only accounts for 27 percent of revenue. That includes Canada and Mexico. So about 1/4. Like I said, US sales are overstated.

BlackBerry Reports Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results for Fiscal 2013

For the most part, the economy was pretty good under him and we were not 16 trillion $$$ in debt as we are now and I believe unemployment was around 4%. Don't think that's the case under our current president.
    If you believe what you wrote about Bush, you are lost.
    05-28-13 10:25 PM
    Why the hell does this have to turn into a Canada vs. US thread?
    currentodysseys likes this.
    05-28-13 10:25 PM
    Why the hell does this have to turn into a Canada vs. US thread?
    Worldwide BB sales comparisons?
    05-28-13 10:43 PM
    You are both off your rockers. American's are not lazy, but they did vote in George Bush. Twice.. But who is the US protecting Canada from? In fact, if Canada was attacked, NATO would be the first one to come to its defense. NATO is more than just the US. And the American market for BB is overstated, there are more consumers in other parts of the world that buy BB's more than the US.
    I never said Americans are lazy, just the ***** OP

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    05-28-13 11:53 PM
    The OP started the fight by throwing abuse at the first direct insult from another member. The Mods complete the loop by closing the fight, and the thread.

http://forums.mobilenations.com/rule...uidelines.html
    05-29-13 01:30 AM
115 ... 345