I noticed it before but thought nothing of it

but why do BB apps become "android" apps when installed? I mean apps like slacker radio/skype/teamviewer when installed from BB world should be "blackberry" apps, so why does cobalt's playstore pick them up in google play and want to be updated as android apps?

are BB apps really just APK apps in structure with a different file ending? I mean, I know I can't rename a .apk file to .bar and install that way, I've tried doing it with play services . So I don't get why there is a cross over once installed.
    10-03-15 11:24 AM
    Many apps in BlackBerry World are repackaged APK files, so that's probably what's behind it. Since some apps in BB World are not being updated, you might be better off updating to the Android apps, as long as they are still compatible with the 4.3 version runtime.
    10-03-15 11:45 AM
    Many apps in BlackBerry World are repackaged APK files, so that's probably what's behind it. Since some apps in BB World are not being updated, you might be better off updating to the Android apps, as long as they are still compatible with the 4.3 version runtime.
    Ah, so this is why Hudson Bay is filled in to the brim with dumped unsold BlackBerry bb10 devices ??
    10-06-15 05:34 PM