Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By peter9477
  1. DX9
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Battery Indicator App

Here's a nice battery app. It kinda reminds me of Meter Berry but nicer UI. It's an Android Port. Pretty good.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21741790

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

decent application. I have been using 'battery watch' its not bad but it doesn't track on the graph. This was my favorite feature on my last phone.

CB10 App, Z10
    CrackBerry Master

I'm using bx battery info. But, I am waiting for battery guru to be released for bb10. Currently, it's only available on the PlayBook. When it's out I'm going to switch - it's that good. The dev is on here too and he says he's working on a native version right now.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

Battery guru is the best I have come across. wait for it if you can. the developer sounds like he is almost ready to release. it's worth the money!

CB10 App, Z10
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (02-18-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsterjito View Post
    Battery guru is the best I have come across. wait for it if you can. the developer sounds like he is almost ready to release. it's worth the money!
    Thanks billsterjito.

It's not only almost ready to release, it's actually been submitted for approval, a few days ago.

No idea how long that may take... could be today, or could be 10 days from now. They had a huge backlog and, although there are signs they're through or almost through it, nobody really knows yet. Fingers crossed it's very soon now.

I'm also working on the next release already, which will add a very useful feature many people have requested. ;-) I intend much more frequent updates than was feasible with the PlayBook version.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook or visit Engenuity's mobile apps page.
    Thanked by:
    twstd.reality (02-18-2013) 
    bribert and Boight like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

CB10 App, Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

Awesome! Can't wait!

CB10 App, Z10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,247 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peter9477 View Post
    Thanks billsterjito.

It's not only almost ready to release, it's actually been submitted for approval, a few days ago.

No idea how long that may take... could be today, or could be 10 days from now. They had a huge backlog and, although there are signs they're through or almost through it, nobody really knows yet. Fingers crossed it's very soon now.

I'm also working on the next release already, which will add a very useful feature many people have requested. ;-) I intend much more frequent updates than was feasible with the PlayBook version.
    Can you give a brief overview why this is a better battery app please?

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobo616 View Post
    Can you give a brief overview why this is a better battery app please?
    Since just after the launch of the PlayBook, when it came out, Battery Guru has been the only one that reliably shows more than very basic battery level information. It reports OS-provided values for battery "health", voltage, power, temperature, and more. It logs it all (every two minutes, as the OS supplies the info), and provides a nice graph. The BB10 version lets you scroll back in the graph to view the last few days of activity, helping you identify and analyze interesting or unusual patterns of use.

Maybe the best part is my frequent involvement in CrackBerry threads, providing expert assistance and training on battery-related issues.

It's not merely a "better" battery app, it's by far the best. :-)

I also intend to provide more frequent updates on BB10 than I could on the PlayBook. The PlayBook sales disappointed us all, and developers like me have been very dismayed by the level of piracy, with evidence that more people pirated the app than honestly purchased it. If BB10 sales meet our hopes, and protection against piracy proves sufficient, we have a chance of making enough money from our efforts that we can actually keep supporting the products in a fashion that serves everyone well.
    Battery Guru for BB10 tracks voltage, power, battery health. (Also on the PlayBook.) White Noise helps you sleep or concentrate.
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Battery Indicator App

for playbook did it change names to White Noise?
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (02-19-2013) 

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

nappp, umm... no? Not sure where that question is coming from.

I mean, I have two apps on the PlayBook, one of them being White Noise and the other being Battery Guru.

White Noise is already on BB10 as well, and Battery Guru will be as soon as they approve it.
    CrackBerry Genius

gotcha. I did a seach on blackberry world and didn't get your app with "battery guru". I have a playbook and not a bb10 device
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Genius

screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Indicator App-uploadfromtaptalk1361299777802.jpg  
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    Thanked by:
    peter9477 (02-19-2013) 

Global Posts
    5,218 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nappp View Post
    screenshot
    Argh... thanks very much for pointing that out. In the updated BlackBerry World we now have separate entries for old BBOS, PlayBook, and BB10 versions of the app. Somehow, in adding the metadata for Battery Guru for BB10, when I split out the old PlayBook entry I must have copy/pasted the name "White Noise" into the title.

Fixed! (May take a day or three for them to approve, and a day to propagate through.)
    CrackBerry Genius

you're welcome. people helping people
    Sprint Q10
    32GB Playbook
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,994 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DX9 View Post
    Here's a nice battery app. It kinda reminds me of Meter Berry but nicer UI. It's an Android Port. Pretty good.

BlackBerry World - Battery indicator
    Installed this app and suffered the worse battery drain since owning the Z10. I went from 75% to 5% in the space of 4 hours and I am currently playing around with my phone on WIFI only. Uninstalled it, recharged, and things are back to normal. Love the app but not sure about the drainage.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    983 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KemKev View Post
    Installed this app and suffered the worse battery drain since owning the Z10. I went from 75% to 5% in the space of 4 hours and I am currently playing around with my phone on WIFI only. Uninstalled it, recharged, and things are back to normal. Love the app but not sure about the drainage.
    Yep, same here although the drainage wasn't quite as bad on mine but still drained the battery in about 8 hours when my normal battery life is about 16 hours