Other phones make it very easy to do your banking or shopping. When will it this happen for BlackBerry. I have BlackBerry Z10, OS10.3

Appreciate the help
    08-23-15 08:42 AM
    Some of the banks (Canadian come to mind) who offer apps through BlackBerry World. Others like MB that I use, and Chase my girlfriend uses are available through a variety of Android stores, and work well too.

Sorry if you've missed the "app gap" discussion, but it's well documented, both for BB10 and BBOS.
    08-23-15 09:10 AM
    Scotia bank app from BlackBerry world works great.

Posted via Passport
    08-23-15 10:57 AM
    TD bank also works great. Use it all time.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    08-23-15 11:14 AM
    US banks won't support BlackBerry. Google and Apple are US companies. It's that simple.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-23-15 07:53 PM
    US banks won't support BlackBerry. Google and Apple are US companies. It's that simple.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    By that logic Windows Mobile would have them all, and yet those of notoriety they did have, have ended support. It's purely market share. The cost of development and support isn't justified by the customer numbers who would use it.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-23-15 10:20 PM
    By that logic Windows Mobile would have them all, and yet those of notoriety they did have, have ended support. It's purely market share. The cost of development and support isn't justified by the customer numbers who would use it.
    Those android apps could be ported in a day and should have been. Since when do banks pass up a chance to make $ unless ordered to do so?

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-23-15 10:26 PM
    Those android apps could be ported in a day and should have been. Since when do banks pass up a chance to make $ unless ordered to do so?

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    There's no sense arguing conspiracy theories, when all evidence goes against it.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-24-15 12:01 AM
    My BMO app works great. Use it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 12:14 AM
    Several Canadian banks are on board, I use cibc, TD, scotia and tangerine. I think RBC does too

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 01:04 AM
    There's no sense arguing conspiracy theories, when all evidence goes against it.
    There's always a reason to talk about conspiracy theories. There's no sense in being a sheep when we have the entire library of the Internet in our hands.
    All the evidence goes against it? Like what? Because you said so?

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-24-15 08:37 AM
    I think only a psychiatrist or psychologist can help these people. Unfortunately they do not realize they are mentally ill. No matter how illogical or how much evidence goes against their theory, they will continue to believe.
    08-25-15 01:42 AM
    I think only a psychiatrist or psychologist can help these people. Unfortunately they do not realize they are mentally ill. No matter how illogical or how much evidence goes against their theory, they will continue to believe.
    Bite me.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-25-15 02:05 AM
    Bite me.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    In keeping with the Tech basis for these forums, that probably should be BYTE ME.

But in all seriousness, let's keep it friendly here.
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-25-15 08:42 AM
    I use Royal Bank (Canada, eh!). It's workable on a Classic.
    08-25-15 10:41 AM

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    What money does porting the app make them, exactly? The BB10 user base is minuscule in the USA. That's the reason they don't trouble themselves with it. No conspiracy necessary.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    08-25-15 10:46 AM
    In keeping with the Tech basis for these forums, that probably should be BYTE ME.

But in all seriousness, let's keep it friendly here.
    That was as friendly as I could be to the ***** ** **** who came out talking ****.

What money does porting the app make them, exactly? The BB10 user base is minuscule in the USA. That's the reason they don't trouble themselves with it. No conspiracy necessary.

Posted via CB10
    In your world does everyone have the same amount of $ in their bank account? I can see why say snapchat wouldn't bother porting their app since they aren't making $ off of the interest, or each banking transaction you make, but that's how banks make $. They don't trouble themselves, like it would cut into their bottom line to port an android app, because it's so crazy expensive to do so? All I hear is excuses, and not one that's been thought out in any way.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-25-15 03:20 PM
    In your world does everyone have the same amount of $ in their bank account? I can see why say snapchat wouldn't bother porting their app since they aren't making $ off of the interest, or each banking transaction you make, but that's how banks make $. They don't trouble themselves, like it would cut into their bottom line to port an android app, because it's so crazy expensive to do so? All I hear is excuses, and not one that's been thought out in any way.
    That's because you just don't get it. BB10 is all but dead in the USA. Those who use it probably have already resorted to self help and have a banking ap on their phone already - like I did by loading the Android Citibank app on my phone (although the newly released version has issues now with check deposits). How many requests have they received for BB10 ports of their app? It's surely an insignificant number (and probably shrinking). I'm not making excuses for them. They don't need excuses. It's simply not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-15 04:23 PM
    That's because you just don't get it. BB10 is all but dead in the USA. Those who use it probably have already resorted to self help and have a banking ap on their phone already - like I did by loading the Android Citibank app on my phone (although the newly released version has issues now with check deposits). How many requests have they received for BB10 ports of their app? It's surely an insignificant number (and probably shrinking). I'm not making excuses for them. They don't need excuses. It's simply not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is all but dead? Ok you're one of those negative ppl I see. Lots of excuses, but they're not excuses lmao.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-25-15 04:36 PM
    BlackBerry is all but dead? Ok you're one of those negative ppl I see. Lots of excuses, but they're not excuses lmao.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    Learn to read. I didn't say BlackBerry is all but dead, I said BB10 is all but dead in the USA - and it is. Do you know what BB10 is? How is it selling in the US? I can't even buy any version of their latest offering on my carrier - the largest carrier in the US - Verizon. Rumor is that their next offering will be running Android. True or not - not great news for convincing banks to take BB10 seriously. I'm not a negative person, but I don't keep my head in the sand either.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    08-25-15 04:47 PM
    Learn to read. I didn't say BlackBerry is all but dead, I said BB10 is all but dead in the USA - and it is. Do you know what BB10 is? How is it selling in the US? I can't even buy any version of their latest offering on my carrier - the largest carrier in the US - Verizon. Rumor is that their next offering will be running Android. True or not - not great news for convincing banks to take BB10 seriously. I'm not a negative person, but I don't keep my head in the sand either.

Posted via CB10
    Your head is in something alright. You don't take into account how much influence Apple and Google have over the US economy. You don't take into account that this Oligarchy doesn't want us using secure devices. How much money Google makes with their ad services that doesn't play well on BlackBerry. And not being able to track us with their constant GPS surveillance. Users having a choice to choose what services they want to use instead of being forced to use Apple or Google services exclusively. That is a bad thing to control freak corporations like Apple and Google who make $ from their services and will use their influence anyway they can to keep us from having other choices.
    You think Apple got away with using child slave labor to make their phones because people just didn't care, or because they can use their influence and US media to cover it up and make people forget. There's a whole world of corporate greed and power going on around you, and I very much think your head is deep in the sand.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-25-15 05:00 PM
    Another tinfoil thread. Awesome
    techvisor likes this.
    08-25-15 05:11 PM
    Another tinfoil thread. Awesome
    Would you prefer another, my facebook app isn't working, BlackBerry sucks thread? Or another I hate BlackBerry and I'm leaving blah blah blah thread? You can go baa wherever you please and I'll keep providing the tin foil where I please.

BBClassic10.3.2.858
    08-25-15 05:18 PM
    Carry on you knight in shiny armour.
    techvisor likes this.
    08-25-15 05:19 PM