I was looking into backup software and was looking at Crashplan by Code42. On their website they mention that their moble app is for Android, iOS, and Windows Phone. So I decided to email them to see what their plans were for BlackBerry 10. Received their response this morning and it was not good.

This is their response "At this time, the only mobile development is for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. However if our development team sees an increase in customers wanting BlackBerry or the upcoming Tiezien mobile OS, then they will look into possibly adding support for those in the future."

The reason it was worse than I was expecting was that BlackBerry is grouped with an unreleased OS, one that will be making its debut in Russia and if it comes to North America or Europe will be years away.

If anyone else out there is looking to use the Crashplan services please email them about BlackBerry support. Would really like to use their services but not until they support BlackBerry.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 05:37 AM
    I've been using CrashPlan for a couple of years now as part of my backup plans. I too had emailed about a BB 10 app, with a similar response. Just to let you know, the Android app works well on both my Z10 and Z30.
    06-06-14 05:54 AM
    I already emailed them like a month ago. Got the same answer.
    Anyway, the android Crashplan app is usable on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-06-14 08:31 AM
    Your post interests me as we offer a professional (and native) cloud backup app for BlackBerry 10.

May I ask what's important to you with regards to the CrashPlan service?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 12:04 PM
    Your post interests me as we offer a professional (and native) cloud backup app for BlackBerry 10.

May I ask what's important to you with regards to the CrashPlan service?

Posted via CB10
    Apples (excuse the pun ) and oranges.

CrashPlan is a cloud backup/disaster recovery service for PC/Mac, not a handheld. In my case, everyting on my home network backs up nightly (or on startup for laptops) to a dedicated network drive. That in turn gets backed up incrementally to the CrashPlan servers. If my house burned down, all my data, photos, family videos, scanned documents, etc. are recoverable.

The app we're discussing allows monitoring of the status of backups.
    FireChestApps likes this.
    06-07-14 01:03 PM
    Good to see a few other people interested in a native app.

Thanks for the advice on the android version, I will have to use that but am still hopeful for a proper version.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 01:21 PM