Hey,
    I am a Audible customer since 1 1/2 year. I love the service they are offering but I�am a little bit angry because there is now way to hear Audible books on any Blackberry product.

Is an bb10 app from audible coming ? Any informations there ?

I wrote them a mail yesterday, if people having the same problem like me, please do so too.
    Maybe we can practise some pressure on amazon.

Greatz
    03-09-13 01:46 AM
    If you post their contact info, I am sure a lot of Crackerrians can let them know...

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 02:31 AM
    03-09-13 02:41 AM
    I really hope we can get the Audible app on BB10 as they have a wonderful collection of professionally recorded books that I've enjoyed a lot! However, until they do, I invite you to get my audio books app for BB10 - it only costs $0.99 right now! You can find out more about it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...-world-778988/.

The audio books all come from a non-profit organization called LibriVox (LibriVox), which has hundreds of volunteers who have recorded over 6000 audio books. The quality varies, but the recordings are all in the public domain meaning that they are free. The only real drawback to this is that their collection is generally limited to books published before 1923. However, given that Audible plans are limited to just a few books a month, you could try some free LibriVox classics in the interim.
    03-12-13 07:11 PM
    Audible told me there will be no App for BB Z10.

vielen Dank f�r Ihre freundliche Anfrage.

Leider habe ich hierzu keine guten Nachrichten f�r Sie, was ich wirklich sehr bedauere.

Sicher haben Sie mitbekommen, dass sich seit Anfang seit Anfang 2012 sehr viel getan hat. So haben die BlackBerrys und deren Hersteller RIM dramatisch an Marktanteilen verloren. So sehr, dass deren Zukunft leider vollkommen ungewiss ist.
    Wir haben uns daraufhin entschlossen, die Planungen hinsichtlich einer BlackBerry-App vorl�ufig auf Eis zu legen. Ich kann Sie hier nur um Verst�ndnis bitten.

Ich w�nsche Ihnen einen sch�nen Tag.

Herzliche Gr��e

Audible-Kundenservice
    03-13-13 06:06 AM
    has anyone tried sideloading the android app???
    03-13-13 04:44 PM
    yes, it crashes on opening, most likely uses jni, guaranteed kiss of death on the Z10
    05-13-13 12:01 AM
    Reply from Audible <[email protected]> on March 27:

"The Blackberry model, Blackberry 10 that you are inquiring about is not supported at this time but we hope to have this device among our compatible list. We are unable to provide a timeline when this will be available.
    We are continuously evaluating opportunities to expand the Audible platform and we are excited to bring additional devices into the Audible fold in the future."

Keep emailing them, keep putting the pressure on. If they can spare resources to develop for iRiver MP3 players, they can certainly develop for Blackberry..

Check my thread below for contact info for these and many others. Please go through the list and fire off an email to the ones you're interested in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ng-out-781831/
    05-13-13 08:14 AM
    Unfortunately, Audible has gone from a somewhat vague hint at a BB10 app, such as what pcondello quoted above, to a more forthright statement that there will be no BB10 app, in more recent communications. In fact, they've announced that they will no longer support the legacy BBOS Audible app. People who have that app on older devices can no longer use it to access their online library or buy new titles.

I can't say whether they will reconsider this decision in the future if the BB10 user base gets larger, but for now it's a pretty definite no. I think any Audible subscriber who is thinking of getting a BB10 phone needs to be clear about this.

A competitor of Audible, Audiobooks.com, claims to be considering a BB10 app. They also have a web app for streaming books, and it works on BB10. It's not perfect; it halts once in a while, and the advance and backup buttons don't work. But I've used it for almost a week now and it's better than nothing. Obviously, this is a data-hungry way to do things if you're not on wifi. I cancelled my Audible subscription, since it's now useless to me.
    05-13-13 08:31 AM
    Unfortunately, Audible has gone from a somewhat vague hint at a BB10 app, such as what pcondello quoted above, to a more forthright statement that there will be no BB10 app, in more recent communications. In fact, they've announced that they will no longer support the legacy BBOS Audible app. People who have that app on older devices can no longer use it to access their online library or buy new titles.

I can't say whether they will reconsider this decision in the future if the BB10 user base gets larger, but for now it's a pretty definite no. I think any Audible subscriber who is thinking of getting a BB10 phone needs to be clear about this.

A competitor of Audible, Audiobooks.com, claims to be considering a BB10 app. They also have a web app for streaming books, and it works on BB10. It's not perfect; it halts once in a while, and the advance and backup buttons don't work. But I've used it for almost a week now and it's better than nothing. Obviously, this is a data-hungry way to do things if you're not on wifi. I cancelled my Audible subscription, since it's now useless to me.
    Latest word from Audiobooks.com <[email protected]>:

"Unfortunately we do not have any set dates as to when this will be available but I can assure you that we are definitely working on it!"
    05-13-13 11:01 AM
    Latest word from Audiobooks.com <[email protected]>:

"Unfortunately we do not have any set dates as to when this will be available but I can assure you that we are definitely working on it!"
    The same day I canceled my Audible subscription, I started an Audiobooks subscription. I'll spend my money on the company that's working on a solution.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 01:10 PM
    My reply from Audible on Apr 27th " I do apologize that you were not informed that Blackberry devices are no longer compatible with Audible."

Will have to lug the tablet around.
    05-15-13 01:35 PM
    I've just received an email from Audible that, sadly, says it all:

" As you may be aware, the Audible App for Blackberry has been decommissioned, and will no longer function on your device. We value you as an Audible member and are extremely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.
    As a token of our appreciation for your continued membership, we've placed a credit in your account, useable towards a next book purchase of your choice. This complimentary credit will expire on July 18th, 2013.

You can continue to enjoy your audiobooks on other platforms like Audible Download Manager on your PC, or through our other apps on Kindle, iPhone, Android, and Windows devices. If you have questions about how to use our apps on other devices, or about which alternative device might be best for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at (888) 283-5051.

You can also visit our software page to learn more about our Audible Apps.

Once again, we deeply regret any inconvenience this has caused.

The Audible Team"

Well, imagine an oil company saying they decided not to sell diesel on their gas stations, and they were sorry, and graciously offering one tank of benzine for free to all diesel car owners.
    05-18-13 09:44 AM
    Via the Amazon Appstore, I was able to download and use the Audible app, and listen to books. It's not as cool as a native app via BlackBerry World, but at least it's an option.

Hope that helps.
    11-26-14 01:52 PM