The snap10 revamp should send network traffic exactly the same in ios or android. So they will be hard in detecting. And I am pretty sure it's not just snap10 users but also the apk users

Apks force you to accept permissions. Snapchat gathers lots of info about user agents and your phone. So they know

For snap10 it's acting as an android device not a bb10 device

Posted via CB10
    That may be true but my guess is Snapchat will figure it out sooner or later. Using any 3rd party application is a blatant violation of their terms of service. Using their official android app on BlackBerry doesn't, at least blatantly, violate their terms of service. It does refer to using it for something other than it was intended but that's a stretch to apply that to using on a BlackBerry that runs android.

Their email only told me to stop using 3rd party apps. The Andorid app is NOT a 3rd party app.

https://www.snapchat.com/terms
    02-01-15 01:46 PM
    That's because they didn't have to do anything for the fire phone. Amazon's developer portal accepts APK and spits out Amazon'ed files within minutes. It also tests across the various Amazon and Android Native devices for you. For free.

Do we have something close to that for Blackberry?
    Wow, never knew this information. Still irritated with it though.
    02-01-15 02:57 PM
    People using third party apps were able to bypass privacy restrictions Snapchat was charged by the FTC and have settled the complaint.
    Snapchat Settles FTC Charges That Promises of Disappearing Messages Were False | Federal Trade Commission
    02-01-15 03:23 PM
    But that is only one small way the "snaps" were not as private and not as permanently deleted as Snapchat users think. Nothing in cyberspace is ever gone once it's deleted. Anyone, including the FTC, who thinks that must live in some parallel universe.

In my opinion nobody should use Snapchat but the kids like it. I only got it so I could see my kids' storys.
    02-01-15 04:39 PM
    But that is only one small way the "snaps" were not as private and not as permanently deleted as Snapchat users think. Nothing in cyberspace is ever gone once it's deleted. Anyone, including the FTC, who thinks that must live in some parallel universe.

In my opinion nobody should use Snapchat but the kids like it. I only got it so I could see my kids' storys.
    Well if you're sending snaps that don't actually need to be private, then Snapchat is perfectly usable - and most of the Snapchat users I know actually use it this way. It's just a means of sending goofy photos for them, rather than anything personal. Anyone who does use it for nudes and the like is just asking for trouble, though I suppose I don't blame them

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 04:47 PM
    I've been watching the whole Windows Phone-Snapchat and Rudy debacle for the longest time and all I could think throughout it all was that I was happy BB10 devices didn't have to deal with the same nonsense.... and now here we are.

Welp, one can only hope that the wrath of Snapchat and their crazed account locking is not as irritating for us Blackberry users as it was for WP users.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 05:42 PM
    I've been watching the whole Windows Phone-Snapchat and Rudy debacle for the longest time and all I could think throughout it all was that I was happy BB10 devices didn't have to deal with the same nonsense.... and now here we are.

Welp, one can only hope that the wrath of Snapchat and their crazed account locking is not as irritating for us Blackberry users as it was for WP users.

Posted via CB10
    To me this is what Chen was on about when he's talking about app neutrality... it's the active blocking of certain users from certain platforms.

Posted via CB10
    SourceCode and RyanGermann like this.
    02-01-15 06:13 PM
    Because of SnapChat's policy on this, I will continue to not use SnapChat, and I will never not stop using it.
    02-01-15 07:43 PM
    To me this is what Chen was on about when he's talking about app neutrality... it's the active blocking of certain users from certain platforms.
    Except they aren't blocking users, they are blocking third-party apps, which have ALWAYS been a violation of their TOS. They aren't blocking anyone from using the official SnapChat Android app, even on BB10, and they won't.

So, not at all the same thing.

Keep in mind that John Chen himself told consumer developers to develop on Android and to put their apps in the Amazon marketplace. Don't blame devs for not supporting native apps given this statement from the CEO!
    johnny_bravo72, walt63 and jmr1015 like this.
    02-01-15 08:12 PM
    They aren't allowing access to *any* 3rd party apps on any platform. And they are reminding people who use these pirate apps that they are violating the terms of use to which they all agreed.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    02-01-15 08:38 PM
    Except they aren't blocking users, they are blocking third-party apps, which have ALWAYS been a violation of their TOS. They aren't blocking anyone from using the official SnapChat Android app, even on BB10, and they won't.

So, not at all the same thing.

Keep in mind that John Chen himself told consumer developers to develop on Android and to put their apps in the Amazon marketplace. Don't blame devs for not supporting native apps given this statement from the CEO!
    I didn't mention a thing about native apps. Just apps or even a web app if that's all we can get.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 09:52 PM
    They aren't allowing access to *any* 3rd party apps on any platform. And they are reminding people who use these pirate apps that they are violating the terms of use to which they all agreed.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    There wouldn't be a need for 3rd party apps if they took control of the situation. Look at what telegram is doing to get their app on the platform.

Posted via CB10
    Monsterlad likes this.
    02-01-15 09:53 PM
    Well Snapchat, why don't you develop a native app then!

Posted via CB10
    This. 1000x this.
    02-01-15 10:26 PM
    Hi Everyone. I loaded the newest version 9.0.2.0 on my Q10 but when I try to send any snapchats they failed. I installed an older version 8.1.1 and I was able to send and receive snapchats but the ones I sent were all black. After I changed the App Appearance Window to rectangular I am able to send the snapchats and everything works but no notifications as expected. Anyone know why the snapchats fail to send on the newest version?
    02-01-15 10:34 PM
    This is about protecting the 35 million Snapchat users that are using their service. It isn't about blocking a few thousand BlackBerry users access to their service, or dissing a platform

And sorry but it's still the same situation that has been discussed and discussed here.... there aren't enough BB10 users in this world to make the platform worth developing for. BlackBerry is still selling fewer and fewer devices each year, and we are already about to enter an upgrade cycle (for average users - there are lots of users here that do it ever device) with not many options for true upgrades. And based on the talk from the CEO, there isn't even a guarantee that there will be a BB10 platform in six or 12 months.

Never mind the Platforms focus is on enterprise where I doubt Snapchat sees it's self being approved very often for commercial use, and the platform in question has it's only "popular" social media communications Messenger and Channels.
    02-02-15 07:52 AM
    Snap has the app but it wont run without google play services which also won't run on the blackberry. I hope that the deal with google that Crackberry spoke of goes though.
    03-03-15 06:05 PM
66 123