I originally posted this idea to the Developers Lounge, but its a ghost town over there compared to here.

I was thinking of how we often organize campaigns to ask developers for apps on the CrackBerry forums. Such as mass tweeting a company, emailing support, or commenting in company forums.

What I propose is a BB10 specific App that,
    1. Allows users to submit companies (or developers/specific titles) from which they would like to see an Application.
    2. From this list of submitted Apps users could vote on which Apps are most wanted. At the end of a voting period, a week for example, the most wanted App would be chosen.
    3. Then this application would create and send an email, a tweet, a fb post, or do all of the above from the user's device, directed to the company.
    4. This company would then be removed from voting for a period of a month before it can be chosen again so it's not continually spammed.

Such an App would make it extremely easy to organize BB10 users to ask developers and companies for Apps that they would like to see come to the platform. I was thinking any email/tweet/post created could have a line added to it such as "Sent from my Z10" , Q10, or BB10 Device.

Drawback,
    As developers, I'm sure none of you would like to be spammed with 1000s of emails at a time.
    (The idea of one company a week, without repeat for the period of a month should alleviate it from happening a crazy amount)

On the positive,
    This App could be used to show interest to developers from actual users of the BB10 platform.
    You could also make the app so that it emails/tweets/posts from all users whether or not they voted on a company that week. So anyone who has the app would voice the opinion of the greater BlackBerry10 user base.

Possible, realistic, or just crazy?

Any BB10 developers interested in making such an application?
    Last edited by PlayBookUserMT; 04-10-13 at 07:47 PM.
    04-09-13 04:44 PM
    This actually is an awesome idea! Hope it could get looked at
    04-09-13 04:55 PM
    Thanks, glad you think so!

I really hope this is possible and that a trust worthy BB10 developer would be interested in picking up the idea and running with it.
    04-09-13 05:56 PM
    Just moving this down here in case the original post was too text heavy for people to bother reading.

I'd appreciate some input from developers interested in making such an app or any further ideas in making such a thing happen,

Here are ideas already submitted in addition to what I posted,

Some suggestions from others,
    1. Each device would have to be uniquely identified, say through it's PIN so user's couldn't continually vote or 'stuff the ballot.'
    2. Have a "nomination" process, possibly curated by someone to prevent bogus/misspelled/offensive entries, and once the moderator approves the submission (some log somewhere so people had confidence the moderator wasn't gaming the system themselves), it would become a choice on a menu you could vote on.
    3. Have a search function. It would be great to have submitted companies already submitted show up as you type out your submission so you can just click on it to vote if it's already submitted.
    4. Someone would have to manually input the contact information for the winners so that the messages have a place to send. This could either be done by approved moderators, or the developer if it's not too much of a bother to do this on a weekly basis.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 07:49 PM