Hey everyone,
    I am looking for an app to write NFC tags with simple tasks/commands. Something as simple as turning Wifi ON and turning Bluetooth OFF when at home or in the office, and vice versa when in the car.

I know the native one can program a tag to connect to a specific SSID. I just need it to turn ON and let the phone do the rest.

Anything in BB world available?

Thanks
    05-09-14 06:53 PM
    Use Smart Tags.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:02 PM
    The "native" one (Smart Tags) can do what you need. You need to program it using the "smart triggers" menu.

app to write NFC tags with simple commands-img_20140509_201118.png

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 07:12 PM
    Are you on something current like 10.2.1?
    05-09-14 07:15 PM
    Wow.. holy crappie. I didn't even realize it did that. I need to pay attention to things like that.

I am on the latest leak of 10.2.1.3175.

Thanks everyone.
    05-09-14 09:00 PM
    REALLY hoping we get ShortCutMe fully functional ASAP, if ever. Macros, deep OS options, etc via NFC tags. Heck, I'd say that dev alone was responsible for most CrackBerry and BlackBerry users knowledge in NFC / NFC tags and capabilities.

Waiting on BlackBerry to allow it to be used as it was in legacy devices. That thread used to be one of the most active and helpful ones on CrackBerry.

Forgot his CrackBerry handle. Someone help me out here. Dev company is Fonware and his avatar was the same as the co logo, but just remember that his use name here was different.

If only I could remember to take my ginkgo biloba.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:23 PM
    REALLY hoping we get ShortCutMe fully functional ASAP, if ever. Macros, deep OS options, etc via NFC tags. Heck, I'd say that dev alone was responsible for most CrackBerry and BlackBerry users knowledge in NFC / NFC tags and capabilities.

Waiting on BlackBerry to allow it to be used as it was in legacy devices. That thread used to be one of the most active and helpful ones on CrackBerry.

Forgot his CrackBerry handle. Someone help me out here. Dev company is Fonware and his avatar was the same as the co logo, but just remember that his use name here was different.

If only I could remember to take my ginkgo biloba.

Posted via CB10
    Teach a man to fish says, search forum for "fonware" for narrow results.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 01:22 AM
    Thanks, Teach. Didn't have time for that, quick post from CB10 then back to business. Counting on fellow CBers is not a bad thing in such a case.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 11:37 AM
    Thanks, Teach. Didn't have time for that, quick post from CB10 then back to business. Counting on fellow CBers is not a bad thing in such a case.

Posted via CB10
    Vijik

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 06:15 PM