Any update?

I managed to find a work around and am syncing with the latest android version. However, nothing beats native.

SQW100-1 I Rogers I 10.3.1.xxx
    May I ask what your work around is? I have an iPhone and that app crashes lots so I am willing to put work into the android version. Not running a leak though I am on 10.2.

Posted with Z30
    01-04-15 10:25 AM
    May I ask what your work around is? I have an iPhone and that app crashes lots so I am willing to put work into the android version. Not running a leak though I am on 10.2.

Posted with Z30
    Option 1: download the fitbit app (beta version) as provided courtesy of Jaydee below. Although this version syncs, it doesn't have the latest graphs and user interface updates.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=984763

Option 2: download the latest version from snap. Log in and set up. Menu>devices > set up new devices > pick your tracker > set up your tracker > hit replace.

It will sync and you enjoy all the latest features except for call notification. Fitbit will say another tracker is associated and will prompt you constantly, as per the attached. Click NO each time.

So limited features or latest with an annoying prompt.

A native app would be great.

App for Fitbit: Suggestions Thread-img_20150104_185115.png

01-04-15 06:12 PM
    I too received a Fitbit Charge for Christmas and would love to have a native app!
    01-05-15 12:57 PM
    I too received a Fitbit Charge for Christmas and would love to have a native app!
    01-05-15 01:05 PM
    Thanks but both didn't work for me. Maybe I have to be on 10.3?? Haven't had time to load will try this weekend.

Posted with Z30
    01-05-15 08:03 PM
    Would definitely pay a few bucks for this App !!

Posted via my kick@ss Q10.
    01-05-15 08:14 PM
    Thanks but both didn't work for me. Maybe I have to be on 10.3?? Haven't had time to load will try this weekend.

Posted with Z30
    Yes perhaps. I am on 10.3.1 and both options work. I am using the second option with the latest version.

01-06-15 10:18 PM
    nice knowing there's so many active Fitbit users in the BB community. I'm having issue syncing my Fitbit to my Passport so I'm using an Ant+ for the time being.

Hijack: Is there any active discussion group you guys participated in?
    01-07-15 12:42 AM
    I upgraded my Fitbit One to a Surge before Christmas. I am running .10.3.1.1949 and syncing with the latest android app works the best I have seen so far. I have no problem syncing 90% of the time. Just the notifications to the surge feature doesn't work, notifications of the battery level of my fitbit show up in my hub. Also leaving the background sync option, which also works, eats up more battery then I would like so I have that turned off. A native application would be great if it sync devices and showed stats would be great!
    01-07-15 11:08 AM
    I just got a FitBit Charge and the for those most part the Android app works great on my Passport. Syncing is sometimes a pain but over all no complaints. A native is always better but for now happy enough.

Posted via CB10 using my shiny new Passport, my channel @ C00121C1B
    01-07-15 05:01 PM
    Hi guys, I'm currently doing a health tracking platform that's reward based. You guys may check it out @ http://rewalkz.me/ Hope I'm able to get some support from the Fitbit users here, sorry for hijacking thou! Cheers and step up your day!

Posted via The Almighty Passport
    01-07-15 07:19 PM
    the number one thing i would want is the maps. the snap version works ok but i dont get to see the maps. but i want native and id pay for it for sure. if you need beta testers im all in.
    01-07-15 10:04 PM
    I'd buy a native app.
    01-08-15 05:38 PM
    I would love a native Fitbit app! I just got a Charge and I can't get the regular Android app on my Passport to sync with my tracker. Running OS 10.3.1.1016
    01-09-15 03:35 PM
    I upgraded my Fitbit One to a Surge before Christmas. I am running .10.3.1.1949 and syncing with the latest android app works the best I have seen so far. I have no problem syncing 90% of the time. Just the notifications to the surge feature doesn't work, notifications of the battery level of my fitbit show up in my hub. Also leaving the background sync option, which also works, eats up more battery then I would like so I have that turned off. A native application would be great if it sync devices and showed stats would be great!
    I just got Fitbit Surge HR. I am disappointed that notifications are not working on 10.3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-25-15 07:59 PM
    Hoping to be a beta tester. Daily user fingers cross maps will be added.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 07:27 PM
    I have a Fitbit Surge and Bb Z30 running 10.3.1.2072. I'm using the android app and everything works and syncs fine EXCEPT call and text notification. That's annoying. I'd definitely be on board and pay for a native BB Fitbit app.
    01-28-15 11:19 AM
    Dont forget the maps. The maps are huge wish they worked.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:24 AM
    I plan to buy a fitbit and app will be very welcome

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:38 PM
    I have a Fitbit Surge and Bb Z30 running 10.3.1.2072. I'm using the android app and everything works and syncs fine EXCEPT call and text notification. That's annoying. I'd definitely be on board and pay for a native BB Fitbit app.
    Yes. I got surge and charge hr. This is so annoying with the notifications. I think I am just going to keep charge. On the top of that there is no bicycling mode plus we Canadians pay extra $50 for it!

02-02-15 07:40 PM
    I returned my Charge HR to REI yesterday.

Two primary issues - the pedometer or mileage tracker seemed to be really off on my hikes. The two mile hike registered a bit over 4 miles. And the round trip clocked in a bit under 8 miles. Admittedly, it was a steep hike rather than gentle walk. Same happened on a second hike. It seemed to be reasonably okay on a 4 mile walk around a neighborhood lake.

The second reason, I guess I realized I did not want to share this information to some company in the cloud. My sleep/restlessness patterns and my low resting heart rate are not something I need to share to a company (actually 3 out of 4 mights it thought I had not gone to bed till 1am when I hit the sack somewhat after 10. I found I could adjust that after the fact. Also while it tracked my resting heart rate, it did not provide any other after-the-fact heart statistics. I find it odd that one has to pay extra to "recover" my own data which it stores.

So, if a native or even android app can "interface" with the fitbit and provide a private dashboard or similar without needing to share it with FitBit, INC, I might reconsider.
    02-02-15 08:52 PM
    I got Fitbit Surge few days ago but I returned it back to the store. I decided to keep Charge HR instead. As much as I like Fitbit this company policies **** me off. For a small company like Fitbit that is about to compete with Apple I am surprised that it is so narrow minded and it does not release app for blackberry. I mean windows phone does not have big market share and yet there is Fitbit app for it. There is no need to own Fitbit super watch that does not work with my super phone.

sparkaction likes this.
    02-04-15 08:25 AM
    I returned my Charge HR to REI yesterday.

Two primary issues - the pedometer or mileage tracker seemed to be really off on my hikes. The two mile hike registered a bit over 4 miles. And the round trip clocked in a bit under 8 miles. Admittedly, it was a steep hike rather than gentle walk. Same happened on a second hike. It seemed to be reasonably okay on a 4 mile walk around a neighborhood lake.

The second reason, I guess I realized I did not want to share this information to some company in the cloud. My sleep/restlessness patterns and my low resting heart rate are not something I need to share to a company (actually 3 out of 4 mights it thought I had not gone to bed till 1am when I hit the sack somewhat after 10. I found I could adjust that after the fact. Also while it tracked my resting heart rate, it did not provide any other after-the-fact heart statistics. I find it odd that one has to pay extra to "recover" my own data which it stores.

So, if a native or even android app can "interface" with the fitbit and provide a private dashboard or similar without needing to share it with FitBit, INC, I might reconsider.
    personally I like Fitbit charge HR. I think it is pretty good device for the price. I already own Aria so all works great together. I did not realize that Fitbit shares (sales) collected information. I would assume it is anonymous information nonetheless.

bbquincar likes this.
    02-04-15 10:59 AM
    personally I like Fitbit charge HR. I think it is pretty good device for the price. I already own Aria so all works great together. I did not realize that Fitbit shares (sales) collected information. I would assume it is anonymous information nonetheless.

I don't recall if they SELL or SHARE the info - their privacy/agreement was elaborate. But they still have it and I guess I am reluctant to share that. Heart data and sleep patterns are my private data. I would rather an app that allows ME to see it and not share it with some company.
    02-04-15 11:52 AM
    That's the system Fitbit has chosen

They use a proprietary communication between the device and the computer, and Only their own Fitbit Connect software are able to communicate with it, and pushes data to their Cloud.

The Fitbit dashboard, reads from the cloud - not the device

Fitbit has also "opened" up their API, but ONLY for accessing the data you already have gotten pushed onto your cloud account using the Fitbit Connect app. The API to communicate with the device itself - is still locked up and closed tight.

Fitbit say that the data collected - is first connected to your profile, where You are the only one who have control with the direct connection between Your devices and Your Profile on their system. You can choose in the settings which part of your data should be socially shared with other "friends" or users. Then the data is anonymized, and pushed to the Fitbit big data cloud.

This collection of data, can of course help Fitbit with future improvements of products and features, but can also be used for your own interest to measure how You do things compared to others.
    I have not seen this implemented in any app yet, but since the data is there, and since the API now is open, I can only assume we will see this happening soon.

But yes - we do need "our own" BlackBerry 10 app for these smart devices. Perhaps BlackBerry will be able to make the Android runtime fully functional so that All apps that does not require Google services, or any special device - will run as they were intended.

Until we grow bigger, I highly doubt we will see any native BB10 app from companies like Fitbit
    02-04-15 12:45 PM
58 123