Is it messing up your battery life? I lose battery power just by simply having my phone on idle. I even recorded the times. Like from 1:31pm to 7pm without even touching my phone, I went from 98% to 72% and it keeps going down. Only apps in usually have on active frames is the cb10 app and beweather pro.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-15-13 07:02 PM
    ANY app in an active frame will drain your battery, especially one like BeWeather which makes calls to the internet.
    04-19-13 11:12 AM
    I had the Android version of Beweather on my Nexus 7, and the built-in battery monitor one day showed it using much more battery than any other process. I uninstalled.
    04-19-13 11:45 AM
    I don't have issues with any apps because I purchased an extra battery with a charger money well expend, and j' have a full battery 24/7

Posted via CB10
    travaz likes this.
    04-19-13 11:52 AM
    I just discovered today that having it as an "active frame" was eating my battery (for the past few days) faster than Charlie Sheen can bang rocks....

BleedBlk-
    04-19-13 12:15 PM
    No battery problem noticed yet. But the active frame keeps shutting. No, not due to reboots.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-19-13 12:32 PM
    Yeah my active frame shuts all the time on be weather. I actually stopped using it because of that. Otherwise it's a great app.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 01:11 PM
    Really like the app and I don't keep it in an active frame; however, I do wish that the home-screen icon would be active and display the weather for my "Home" location. This is probably a limitation put in place by Blackberry more than a decision made by BeWeather though...
    04-19-13 01:23 PM
    Yeah my active frame shuts all the time on be weather. I actually stopped using it because of that. Otherwise it's a great app.

Posted via CB10
    It used to do that for me to but they fixed it with the next update thankfully. I guess I will have to start using my rechargeable battery pack more often. I just needed to inquire and appreciate the responses so far.

04-19-13 01:26 PM
    It is a great app. I keep it closed. Takes two seconds to update when it opens.
    niss63, indie_b and tw1g_007 like this.
    04-19-13 01:26 PM
    Yea this is a smart idea. I am gonna have to keep it closed. I don't know why I felt it was right to have it open as an active frame. It just felt "Right" I guess. Meh.

04-19-13 03:13 PM
    I always have mine opened and I haven't really noticed a huge battery drop with it, not saying it doesn't drain your battery as I'm sure active frames or some of them do sadly. But I haven't noticed anything untoward my battery life, I get ok - ish battery life with 4 active frames open at all times.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:07 PM
    It's one of the main apps I was waiting for... i to keep it closed. alerts and advisories are pushed which I'd helpful especially here in south Florida during the summer rainy season

Posted via CB10 with my White Chocolate Z10
    04-23-13 05:12 AM
    I love BeWeather Pro. Had it on my 9900 and it was one of the first apps I purchased when I got my Z10. Having said that, I don't keep it open (as an active frame) on a regular basis. When I want/need to check the weather, it only takes a second to pop it open and update.
    04-23-13 09:54 AM
    To reduce battery drain you can increase the sync interval (default is 30 minutes) and eliminate some added locations if not needed all the time. I keep the update interval set at one hour and don't notice much drain.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:34 AM
    To reduce battery drain you can increase the sync interval (default is 30 minutes) and eliminate some added locations if not needed all the time. I keep the update interval set at one hour and don't notice much drain.

Posted via CB10
    Ok I am definitely gonna try this. Thanks.

04-23-13 02:06 PM
    Purchased it recently and it's definitely a battery drainer if you leave it open.

I have updates set to 1 hour but I also have 6 locations defined.

Would be nice to have the active frame showing current conditions but looks like that's not going to be feasible in terms of battery-life.

Perhaps an option to only update the active frame location while idle would be helpful. Has some cool BB10 aspects but it's also missing several features from the legacy BBOS version.
    04-27-13 12:59 PM
    Purchased it recently and it's definitely a battery drainer if you leave it open.

I have updates set to 1 hour but I also have 6 locations defined.

Would be nice to have the active frame showing current conditions but looks like that's not going to be feasible in terms of battery-life.

Perhaps an option to only update the active frame location while idle would be helpful. Has some cool BB10 aspects but it's also missing several features from the legacy BBOS version.
    I will have to agree completely. I tested out the hour interval and it wasn't just enough. My battery got killed in record time regardless so I will always have to leave it closed unfortunately.

04-27-13 02:21 PM
    I keep 4 apps open 24/7 Beweather pro CB10 Twitter and Bebuzz pro. I unplug at 630 am and get home at 5 pm and never have to charge till bed time. Once in a great while if use heavily I will charge during the day. I carry the spare charge bundle. Its small light and a life saver
    04-27-13 03:10 PM
    I will have to agree completely. I tested out the hour interval and it wasn't just enough. My battery got killed in record time regardless so I will always have to leave it closed unfortunately.

What I don't understand is that if you are developing a native app for BB10, you can take advantage of Blackberry's native push service for Blackberry 10, which should result in minimal impact on battery life. I wonder if pfluger/Bellshare simply isn't using that. Perhaps it costs a monthly fee that they would rather put in their pocket instead.

(Honestly, I agonized over purchasing this app because my recent experience with Bellshare's support has been horrible. But since they don't seem to have any competition when it comes to a full-featured native BB10 weather app that is devoid of in-app advertising, and because it probably doesn't require as much support as some of their other apps, I decided to get it anyway.)
    04-27-13 03:16 PM
    Same with mine. I have emailed BeWeather a number of times without any results. Their Customer Service has been the pits! Sad for such a great App

No battery problem noticed yet. But the active frame keeps shutting. No, not due to reboots.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-27-13 10:20 PM
    Same with mine. I have emailed BeWeather a number of times without any results. Their Customer Service has been the pits! Sad for such a great App
    It used to crash for me to until the most recent update which fixed it. Not like it matters now since I never have it on active frame anymore.

04-27-13 11:55 PM
    My phone drains that much overnight with only Battery Guru and BBM on. and I have tested it that those two apps don't drain that much. On a weekday, I unplug the phone at 7:30am, get home around 7:00pm with around 20% battery life left.

see here
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rnight-793008/
    04-28-13 12:35 AM
    Anyone here with BeWeather Pro?-img_00000090.png

In the chart above, BeWeather Pro was open between 14:30 til 18:00. You can see how BeWeather is constantly consuming cpu cycles, and not just during the specified update interval (30 minutes).

It's a real shame, I lived keeping this open as an active frame.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:43 AM
    I love BeWeather Pro. Had it on my 9900 and it was one of the first apps I purchased when I got my Z10. Having said that, I don't keep it open (as an active frame) on a regular basis. When I want/need to check the weather, it only takes a second to pop it open and update.
    I'm not too keen on it personally. It's pretty and all, but since they only show POP, and not accumulation it's next to useless, especially in winter. 90% of 2cm and 90% of 20cm are completely different things, but they only show 90%. Sadly, I have to rely on free weather apps to get a complete picture.
    04-29-13 09:07 AM
34 12