I didn't.

Then I tried it.

Then when I wiped for the new OS, I didn't even sideload google maps. The old blackberry maps was horrendous and awful. The new blackberry maps has me contemplating putting my Garmin on craigslist.

Just a PSA for those who have not gotten out of the google maps trend.
    05-18-13 10:06 PM
    Google maps what?

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-18-13 10:12 PM
    Actually I like BlackBerry maps. Works very well for me. I like the GPS function. It has replaced our separate GPS units.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:22 PM
    Yup, used it today worked perfectly
    05-18-13 10:29 PM
    Use it every day for work. Works great as long as your in a good coverage area

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:33 PM
    For basic GPS and Navigation it works very well. However I wish they had the option to see points of interest on the map rather than in a list. And if you had an option to see interest point in your route or near it. I found the navigation to be more accurate than Google's navigation and easier in to follow epically in big cities where Google navigation some times struggles to keep the GPS locked and lags behind. Over all its good

Posted via CB10
    cdnynot likes this.
    05-18-13 10:43 PM
    For basic GPS and Navigation it works very well. However I wish they had the option to see points of interest on the map rather than in a list. And if you had an option to see interest point in your route or near it. I found the navigation to be more accurate than Google's navigation and easier in to follow epically in big cities where Google navigation some times struggles to keep the GPS locked and lags behind. Over all its good

Posted via CB10
    I actually never thought about the whole POI situation, I'll probably just reload it just to have.
    05-18-13 10:46 PM
    Us it frequently, love it.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 10:47 PM
    I really could use it better if it had a walking mode.

Posted via CB10
    cookie20 likes this.
    05-18-13 11:03 PM
    It has always worked really well for me.
    bquinney likes this.
    05-18-13 11:09 PM
    Used it. Sent me north instead of South. Will Never trust it again. Sadly that was my first impression.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:14 PM
    Used it. Sent me north instead of South. Will Never trust it again. Sadly that was my first impression.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like apple maps.

Give it another try

Posted via CB10- FINALLY
    dirt662 likes this.
    05-18-13 11:18 PM
    Used it for the first time yesterday. Worked great.

Power by BlackBerry Z10. Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:19 PM
    Used it earlier this week and it had super fast calculations and was really accurate.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:24 PM
    Used it a few times. It gets the job done.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:31 PM
    Awesomesauce

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:35 PM
    Traffic overlay worked like a charm when the highway near me was closed this week. It was blood red exactly where traffic was at a standstill.

Next: love love the search feature. Awesome how it's built to search near your current location first.

To the post above re: points of interest. It does have it. And it's a beaut. Type "gas" in the search box or "restaurants" you get two types of options. Ie if I search "gas" I can either choose the first option. Which is to search all gas stations. OR use the list to find only the stations containing "gas" in their name.

This app gets better the more I use and understand it. And it had none of the bloat. Amazing.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    bquinney likes this.
    05-18-13 11:44 PM
    It's great for figuring out where the hell I am downtown.

The traffic dealie seems a little arbitrary, but it's a start.
    05-18-13 11:58 PM
    The only thing BlackBerry Maps needs is offline support.

Then it would be perfect.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho and NJG_BB like this.
    05-19-13 12:05 AM
    The blackberry maps never opens up for me
    05-19-13 12:23 AM
    I thought the navigation was great. I thought BB Traffic was fantastic on the old BB 7, but it would have been nice if they merged the routing, and the mapping in to the same app (Maps vs Traffic). Now on BB10, they have done this, so thats fantastic!

Now they just have to provide the additional benefits of BB traffic when routing which was to provide a selection of routes based on traffic. The maps will nicely highlight where traffic is, but doesn't appear take that traffic data into account when routing.

I also wish they would add the I / O key feature on the Q10 - there's currently no way to zoom in and out without using two fingers to pinch to zoom! Little things like this need to be addressed...
    codeslinga likes this.
    05-19-13 12:32 AM
    Works awesome!!

Blackberry for life!
    05-19-13 01:04 AM
    Never used in previous versions, used BB Traffic with my Torch and loved it. I travel extensively and used to carry a Garmin all the time as backup to my Torch after having issues on a trip to DC last year. Got my Z10, tried BB maps and haven't used my Garmin since. Works great
    05-19-13 01:06 AM
    I think BB Maps is OK. BB traffic was way better. Don't get me wrong, navigation wise it gets the job done but it is way too basic in terms of features. I can't plan a route using my current location, searching for things generally yields results that are way off base, especially when searching for specific names of places (for example restaurants). I cant even navigate to home even though I can list it as a favorite, what good is that? BB Maps is very basic in terms of what GPS offers nowadays and I really think BB needs to step up their game in this regard
    05-19-13 01:16 AM
    I don't mind the fact that it's a pretty basic Map App. As of now, it works for what I need. It has a great base to start from and it will be interesting to watch it grow and mature.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:25 AM
107 123 ...