Hey CrackBerry Nation,

I'm looking for an app that can do a very simple task on my Z10. I want an app that keeps my backlight on. There were a ton of apps for the Legacy OS that I could choose from for my 9930, but I can't find one for my Z10.

I have it set for the max 5 minute timeout but there are plenty of times when I have it plugged in when I just want the darn backlight kept on indefinitly witout having the screeen lock out/time out.
    I downloaded a very cool night light app/screen saver app that works perfectly at night time that shows a pic of the moon, but during the day I just want the back light to stay on so I can see the awesome Z10 Face Page.

Below is what I typed in at BlackBerry World with no results... Anybody know of an app to simply keep my backlight on?

Thanks A Lot!!!

Anybody Know Of A Good Backlight App??-img_00000095.jpg
    joesworld likes this.
    04-13-13 07:20 PM
    I believe the issue would be that the device goes to sleep no matter what, unless there is an app active to keep it from doing so (similar to the PlayBook). IIRC Battery Guru has a setting to keep active.
    Clinto likes this.
    04-13-13 08:10 PM
    I agree we need an app like this! Ultimately, being able to choose the backlight timing on a per-app basis would be perfect.
    04-14-13 06:03 PM
    No 3rd party app can do that with the current API. As soon as they're not full screen, the request to keep the screen from going into standby is ignored.

Posted via CB10
    Clinto and peter9477 like this.
    04-14-13 08:09 PM
    torpesco is quite correct. If there's an app you want to run fullscreen while keeping the device from going into standby, right now that can be done only if that specific app provides support for that. If you just want the screen to stay on even with no app fullscreen, you have no current way to accomplish it.
    04-17-13 08:13 PM
    I think battery guru has Keep awake features

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:10 AM
    I believe that in a future update where apps will be able to run in the background without being in the active window we would be able to have such an app.
    I really want that for when my phone is charging on my desk so I can see the screen the whole time without touching it.
    04-18-13 02:20 AM
    Thanks everybody for your input!

Oh well, I'll just keep my fingers crossed that after the release of the 10.1 update, we'll be able to see an app that makes this very simple option available without the need of keeping said app in full screen mode.
    04-22-13 08:59 PM