- 01-13-13, 03:13 AM #3
Thanks, and great work!
I hadn't upgraded to Frodo due to lack of remote app support. This looks alot prettier than the xbmc remote I use on Playbook and its great to see software volume buttons !
Could u share screenshots of how the music selection and playback looks ?
I would really like cover previews, and with the amount of time spent on collecting all the little CdArt, Artist Thumbnails, and Fanart i would really like to see some of them make an appearance on the remote app.
I just came to this Thread to say i loved XBMC and probably say that we should do something to get a remote app and a native client for BB10, but what i saw here totally made my day !
I've spent the last couple of days to add a couple of features:
- Progress Indicator: during playback you will see the current playback position and the total length (works for Music, Shows, Movies and also Apps like YouTube)
- Send text: Allows to conveniently enter text into (search) boxes by conveniently using your nice BB10 keyboard
- TV Shows: Will show a list of your library's TV shows and upon selection the contained episodes (order shows by name, play count or date added)
- Songs: Shows a list of your artists or albums, selecting one will display all songs within that album or by that artist
- Power Button: Added a configuration on what should happen once you click the power button. Possible are: Quit app, hibernate system, reboot system, shutdown system, suspend system
- Help: How to find out the IP-address, how to enable remote control, ...
XRMT has been submitted for BlackBerry World review yesterday. Will hopefully show up in time for launch day.
Still on my to-do list:
- Add possibility to view details about any Song / TV Show / Movie including description, cast, fanart, cover, ... (displaying all covers in the list views was not performing too well, possibly only on my Dev Alpha A)
- Share XRMT configuration via NFC (make it easy for your spouse or visiting friends to control the TV)
- (Universal) Search
- 01-19-13, 11:06 AM #8
Hey looks awesome! I have a question on the lists, how will it look using a dark theme? Also can I request not using white as the background for the list since if you are watching a movie with the lights down low it will blast you with light haha Thanks in advance!
01-19-13, 11:23 AM #9
- 5,079 Posts
I would definately pay for this!
If you are taking suggestions, I have one that would be a huge help for me. Using the media keys on the device to control playback/volume.
API here: https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...eywatcher.html
Also some other random ideas:
Pause media when the phone rings and send a notification to XBMC with caller id and phone number (could be user configurable option) API: https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...ion_phone.html
Also have a look at NowPlayingConnection, that will give the user control outside of the app itself: https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...onnection.html
BBM integration: update bbm status with whats being played
Invokation framework: share text, gives the ability to update Twitter, facebook etc... with whats playing
If you haven't already added covers for active frames PM me and I'll send you some code (or if you need code for bbm or invokation), its very easy to implement.
thanks for you comment. I've had the dimmed light situation in mind when designing the control screen, which is in dark colors. Since lists are only used to select a movie, show or song it shouldn't disturb your TV experience too much...
However I've added "dark lists" (possibly as a setting) to my feature request list.
I've added a couple of your points to the top of my feature request list (like BBM and invocation framework integration). Those might be implemented before the BB10 devices ship.
All your other great ideas unluckily cannot be implemented yet using WebWorks - although I've already posted three feature requests (see https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-W...amework/issues), because I'd really like to make those things happen, too.
Before you ask why I chose WW instead of the other possible combinations like QML&JS or QML&C(++): The most responsive XBMC API is JSON RPC via a WebSocket connection. WebSockets are simply made for HTML5 (and not available directly in the QML&JS variant) and bbUI is pretty neat, too.
- 01-19-13, 08:48 PM #14
XBMC is able to use all kinds of sources, e.g.
- Local Harddrive
- Network Filesystems (NFS)
- ReplayTV Devices
- UPnP Devices
- Windows Networks (SMB)
I'm glad to announce that some requested features (thanks dentynefire & Shao128) have already been built in and submitted to RIM for review.
Here's the changelog for v1.0.2:
- Upgraded to WebWorks SDK 126.96.36.199
- Added transitions for switching between functions
- Added error notifications (toasts) when trying to use remote functions without being connected
- Modified action bar buttons to look more BB10-like (color gradient instead of plain white)
- Modified list view colors: background is now darker (grey)
- Added Invocation Framework to share the current status via BBM, Twitter, Facebook, …
- Added BBM Status Integration allowing to directly update the BBM Status
Unluckily I'm too late for B4BB. I would need to apply until tomorrow, but the app is not even approved yet.
I've built a small page to inform about updates: XRMT. Remote control for XBMC (v12+).
Good news: XRMT was just approved and is now available @ App World:
- The two most requested features, namely Search and some basic Playlist Handling will be added to the next version scheduled for the end of next week.
Looking forward to getting your feedback. Post it here or drop me an email: [email protected]
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-01-13, 05:33 PM #24
- 277 Posts
I just tried out the app, and it's does the base features really well. I'm not a huge fan of webworks apps though. Is using a TCP socket in Qt/Cascades that much slower? Either way, definitely worth downloading still.
The main thing I'd like to see is the info/images for movies and TV shows.
Actually using websockets has one huge advantage over the "classical" JSON-RPC API: it works as a push service with the ability to proactively inform each connected remote about changes currently going on. A scenario for this are if you and your spouse (or friends) are all connected to the same XBMC and each remote gets notified of changes (volume, items added to playlist, pause, ...) immediately.
Item details are definitely coming soon, too. I'm still playing with the cover/fanart images: XRMT will probably need to download and save them all on the remote in order to run at a feasible speed.
- By PlugGuy in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 3Last Post: 04-03-09, 01:37 PM
- By turkpea in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-19-08, 12:32 PM
- By Blackburry5 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 09-09-08, 11:18 AM