This would go great with my Raspberry Pi, Would even pay 3 bucks!
    imz likes this.
    02-02-13 02:50 AM
    This would go great with my Raspberry Pi, Would even pay 3 bucks!
    Actually, two Pi boxes (and a QNAP NAS) form the center of my home multimedia setup.
    Which distri are you using? Raspbian? Xbian? It's so hard to decide...
    02-02-13 03:13 AM
    Actually, two Pi boxes (and a QNAP NAS) form the center of my home multimedia setup.
    Which distri are you using? Raspbian? Xbian? It's so hard to decide...
    I use Raspbmc, works for me!
    02-02-13 08:47 AM
    Hi there,

I'm a student and pay for the cost of living by (contract) developing apps - mainly for iOS and Android. I ported one of my clients' apps to BB10 and suddenly felt in love with the platform.
    Becoming sure that my next private device will run BB10, I also started porting other stuff that I regularly use and could not find for BB10
    Attachment 131121Attachment 131120Attachment 131119
    Great app and stories like yours should get more publicity to show how good BB10 is
    biggerCC likes this.
    02-10-13 06:17 AM
    I am definitely an XBMC addict from way back. I just bought this app and will come back and give feedback after I had a chance to put it through its paces.

Thanks!
    02-10-13 12:00 PM
    Would a XBMC remote also control a Boxee Box?
    02-10-13 01:07 PM
    Would a XBMC remote also control a Boxee Box?
    Actually I didn't look into this use case yet. I need to figure out which version of XBMC the Boxee software was forked off or if regular merging take place. Since XRMT uses the brand-new websocket connection method, chances aren't too high.

I'll let you know about my findings...
    02-10-13 04:30 PM
    I'll just buy it and find out for myself, after all its only 99 cents!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 07:58 PM
    Nope. doesn't work

02-10-13 11:27 PM
    I used the app last night and was very impressed. It saw my xbmc right away but the default port was wrong for some reason.
    Once I checked the port on xbmc and changed it in the remote (8080 instead of 9090) and all was good.

I tested it with home theater setup with xbmc running frodo on Ubuntu. My harmony remote is still much better since it controls the stereo separately but this worked perfect. My main use for this remote will be for the PC based xbmc installs that I have.

02-11-13 08:14 AM
    @Weeber: Sorry to hear that. I've just checked out Boxee and it seems that they're more into selling hardware than updating their OS. The last update is from 2011...

@rdcanuck: Great to hear, thanks. Out of personal interest: Do you use the Harmony remote via your TV's HDMI-throughput or an IR-receiver with your media center? In my setup at home (Harmony One + Raspberry Pi) XRMT works way faster than the Harmony. Additionally text input (e.g. YouTube search) is a huge pain with traditional remotes...

I'm currently working on some UI improvements. After discussing XRMT with a (former) TAT guy, I've started to improve and simplify the experience. Here's a first screenshot of the work in process.
    Let me know what you think!

Any other XBMC addicts in here?-img_00000053.jpg
    dietertong likes this.
    02-11-13 11:11 AM
    @rdcanuck: Great to hear, thanks. Out of personal interest: Do you use the Harmony remote via your TV's HDMI-throughput or an IR-receiver with your media center? In my setup at home (Harmony One + Raspberry Pi) XRMT works way faster than the Harmony. Additionally text input (e.g. YouTube search) is a huge pain with traditional remotes...
    I use an IR receiver (MCE-compatible) on a Asus Revo box. I spent A LOT of time setting up the harmony remote with custom touch screen commands (kids and parents profiles, update library, subtitles on/off, are some examples) that required custom keymaps within XBMC (Heck, what fun is it being an XBMC addict if you don't make it your own).
    Also, I use the 'activities' extensively with the Harmony remote. This means that the remote is controlling the XBMC, the TV and the DTS stereo seamlessly.

You are right about the text input though, it is a pain and I hate pulling out a keyboard (feels like cheating with a HTPC setup) so I will use XRMT for text input along with the Harmony. The two remotes work just fine side by side!

BTW, I really like the new UI screen
    02-11-13 01:58 PM
    Just bought a few seconds ago, awsome!!
    biggerCC likes this.
    02-11-13 02:23 PM
    OK, guys. Big news.

The long awaited 2.x "update" for XRMT is almost finished. No, seriously: I've completely rewritten the project in Cascades/C++since BB Jam Amsterdam.
    This allowed me to implement lots of the requested features:
    • Refreshed (super-fast) user interface
    • Playlist Support (add media items to playlist instead of playing them directly)
    • Support for hardware keys (Volume, Play/Pause) - even when minified
    • Active frame support (showing real-time information about current item)
    • Search capability for all lists

Check out the screencast highlighting some of the new features on the Q10 simulator:

And this it what it might look like on your shiny Z10 (while I still have to wait for mine):
    Any other XBMC addicts in here?-screenshot7.jpg Any other XBMC addicts in here?-screenshot9.jpg
    Any other XBMC addicts in here?-screenshot10.jpg Any other XBMC addicts in here?-screenshot8.jpg

If you have already purchased XRMT, version 2.x will be available as a free update. In any other case, you should get it now, because the price point will rise as soon as 2.x is available from App World - I somehow have to justify the countless hours I spent on this project. ^^
    dantr0nz likes this.
    02-24-13 03:04 AM
    The new interface looks great! I can't wait for the update.

I just need to find time to upgrade two of my 3 XBMC instances to work with this remote - the third is on a Raspberry Pi running Frodo which is working really well.
    02-24-13 09:03 AM
    I just need to find time to upgrade two of my 3 XBMC instances to work with this remote - the third is on a Raspberry Pi running Frodo which is working really well.
    I didn't mention it in my post and do not advertise it, because the support is really rudimentary, but XRMT 2.x does indeed connect to older versions of XBMC and even Plex (haven't tested Boxee yet). It's more of a fallback method and will only give you very, very basic and limited controls - depending on the server version: dpad navigation, volume control, text input. The "fancy" stuff isn't there - and probably never will be. But probably still better than nothing.
    02-24-13 09:21 AM
    XBMC everyday user here with 4 devices which I love!

This is a great app, thank you, I would gladly pay more for it but I already bought it, will wait for 2.0 to get published to buy it on my wife's phone... keep up the good work!

Posted via CB10
    biggerCC likes this.
    02-24-13 12:17 PM
    Anyway to set up a default server? I only use one XBMC so connecting to a server is a bit redundant for me once I'm set up the first time.
    Thanks a lot for the app was kinda a clincher for me getting BB10
    03-07-13 09:47 AM
    I haven't seen an update yet, but am happy enough with the original.

One request I would make is to have the arrow keys allow you to jump forward or backwards in a video (like the arrows on the keyboard). Also, the fast-forward button doesn't work as I would expect. It starts an 8x FF, I would have expected it to work in increments - one press= 2x, two presses=4x, etc...
    03-07-13 10:34 AM
    Sorry for the late reply, I was @CeBIT Hannover yesterday - of course looking for nice media center solutions.

The 2.0.4 update is still pending review by BlackBerry. It's really embarrassing for devs at the moment not being able to push out updates in a predictable timeframe. Fun fact: my update got denied at first, because it would need XBMC in order to work properly (sic!). That's really the reason I got in my denial email). After heavy protests it's now back "under review".
    I really hope this will level out once all those hackathon apps are processed.

When it comes to your (Jeff and Icarus3000) improvement ideas, I'm glad to inform you that both the fast forward/rewind as well as connecting to a default server are both already on my medium-term todo list.
    03-08-13 12:53 AM
    Code:
    The update is live.
    I repeat: The update is live.

Please let me know what you think.
    03-08-13 10:17 AM
    Installed it about 5 mins ago and so far it works well. The new button layout is a lot easier for me to use.

I'm really liking the active frame.
    03-08-13 01:39 PM
    I'm really liking the active frame.
    Did you try opening another app (e.g. the browser) and still being able to control (volume/play/pause) your XBMC using the hardware media keys?
    03-08-13 01:53 PM
    Use xbmc everyday! Can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier. I've been using the android port but can't wait to grab this app.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 Oreo
    03-08-13 02:02 PM
    Very nice update. Much smoother than before. I'm liking it.

Small gripe, but when adding a server, it forces an IP address. Can I not use a hostname? Saves me having to look up the IP.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 02:29 PM
129 1234 ...