Its a simple app. I am a musician and I'm constantly adding news songs to my "binder". After many years of playing and learning songs, this binder has now become too big for me to carry around.

I require an app that can catalog my collection in PDF format. I plan on scanning my entire binder and loading them up onto a micro sd card that the app will read and populate the catalog from.

The app should have a search function as well so I can access the PDFs on the fly.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 09:30 PM
    This is a simple document scanning and storage/retrieval function. You shouldn't need a custom app for that. Your main concern should be compatibility for the future as you don't want all of your collection to be stranded should you change device platforms or if the developer abandons the app. To me, that means you need to go with an app that is as popular as possible.

How does having it on a smart phone help you that much? It sounds like a job for a tablet anyway.
    09-03-14 10:35 PM
    How much did you budget for a dev to create this for you?

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    09-03-14 10:49 PM
    Its a simple app. I am a musician and I'm constantly adding news songs to my "binder". After many years of playing and learning songs, this binder has now become too big for me to carry around.

I require an app that can catalog my collection in PDF format. I plan on scanning my entire binder and loading them up onto a micro sd card that the app will read and populate the catalog from.

The app should have a search function as well so I can access the PDFs on the fly.

Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a musician and not a native speaker so I don't really know what the 'binder' is.

But as far as I understand, you need an app that scans formatted PDF files stored in your SD card, then populated data into the app itself. You also need the ability to search for song title within the app.

Am I correct?

P/S: I'm a developer myself (4+ years) but I don't have much experience on developing for BB10. However, I'm interested in building one in my spare time.
    09-03-14 10:51 PM
    Regarding the budget foe app development, this is also what i want to find out. If the price is reasonable then i will pay for it. The long term compatibility does not bother me since i will be the only one using ot. If the dev would want to put it out for others to use then its up to him but right now, as long as the app does what i require it to do, I'm good. As for device usage, the way i transcribe my sheets is usually only patterns and not the whole score so it will fit in a 5" screen perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:14 AM
    The app can be an android app as long as it functions as intended.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 08:18 AM
    The app can be an android app as long as it functions as intended.

Posted via CB10
    Why dont you use Remember?
    You can store everything and the search function works perfect.
    09-04-14 08:28 AM
    Check out PDF Scanner in BlackBerry World! You can find it at PDF Scanner - BlackBerry World
    Uzi likes this.
    09-04-14 10:20 AM