Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any chance of gmail app or other google apps?

I have a 9800 Torch and a Playbook. I recently got an Ipad as a present. Strangely enough, what I like most about the tablet, more than anything else, is the apps by Apple's rival google, especially gmail. Being a heavy email, or rather gmail, user, it is the app I use the most by far. In fact, I never ever use Ipad's native email unless I am sending someone a link through another app that is automatically connected to the native email app.

It would be great if I could combine the gmail app with the Blackberry's excellent keyboard- and also have the great Blackberry native email for my work email. Since google has not been very supportive of Blackberry of late (on the contrary, they have been reducing support), I was wondering if there is any chance they would have any apps on BB10. Other than the gmail app, maps would be a "must" as well, and it'd be great to have YouTube, too...

Any thoughts?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AE49F77

Unless there is a great change from BBos7 to BB10, hooking up to gmail is effortless. I have used the email setup, and it just works!!!
    Q 10 for the win!
    (WHITE Z 10, on 10.2.1.537 and Nexus 4, both sold)
    pebble watch
    Playbook 64 gb wifi
    Galaxy tab P 1000 with cyanagen 9
    CrackBerry Abuser

Google seem to shut down his services on other platforms. Just look at how long iPhone 5 users had to wait for google maps. I can't use it on my Storm 9530 [OS 5.0] nor on my curve [OS 6]. And considering what Happening with WP8... I'm quite sure there won't be any serious support of BB10
    CrackBerry User

I expect the BB10 hub to support Gmail just like the current BBOS (builtin) Gmail plugin does. This is why Google killed the BBOS Gmail app, the unified inbox took on all the gmail features like labels, stars etc.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Sure, the current plugin is definitely a second best, and works quite well, but still it wouldn't compare to the gmail app on IOS. But I guess BB10 will get neither that nor google maps
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    886 Global Posts

I use gmail but even if there was a gmail app I would not use it. Useless.

I erased the app off my Nexus 7 also. Don't see the point.