- CrackBerry Master
- 1,472 Posts
Any apps in BlackBerry 10 that can do this?
I've recently switched to a BlackBerry Z10 and I'm loving it With whatsapp coming soon, it will make things even better. However, I am curious about the availability of certain apps.
1) Will there be any 3rd party app that helps with tracking your data usage? And no, I don't mean those that are somehow affiliated to carriers. The one I used to have in OS 6 was called mobile data alerter.
2) Will there be any apps that allows you to lock the other apps on your phone? Kinda like you need to type a password in order to access that app. The one I used to have in OS 6 was called AppsLock-Pro.
Personally, it would make this awesome experience with the Z10 a **** of a lot better with these apps. Maybe there's a BB10 version of these kinds of apps that I'm somehow overlooking... And seeing as to how there may be more experienced users out there, I'm hoping for some responses if you guys have any. Thanks
PS. please pardon my bad English. I've only been learning it for the past 4 months! So try to cut me some slack if I have any spelling errors or problems with sentence expressions
- CrackBerry Abuser
03-09-13, 01:37 PM #2
- 155 Posts
- 03-09-13, 02:30 PM #4
- 03-09-13, 02:33 PM #5
in response to #1. I used a program called Onavo with both iOS and Android and I swear by it in regards to data stuff. I sent them an email and they said they are currently not doing it, but are looking into the option of bringing it over to the Z10. I pray that they do it quick!!!!!!!!!!
- 03-09-13, 02:45 PM #7
Last edited by knowledge_6; 03-09-13 at 03:02 PM.
- 03-21-13, 02:36 PM #8
I just sideloaded Onavo, and PhoneUsage, they both load and open, but haven't seen any usage recorded yet, so not sure if really working. My wife's iPhone has MyDataManager and that's real nice. Shows wifi and celluar use, can put restrictions etc. I'd like to see any/all these options come native to BB10.
- 05-08-13, 11:47 AM #12
Data Usage Counter app also tracks data usage for daily, weekly, monthly and unlimited data usage cycles, plus you don't have keep it running all the time as an active frame
Available at the BlackBerry World
Last edited by tonyblaze; 05-21-13 at 01:50 AM.
- By SpiralBorg in forum BB10 Android App SideloadingReplies: 4Last Post: 02-16-13, 02:55 PM
- By hockeyplayer in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-27-09, 09:52 PM
- By Sidlexic in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 02-24-09, 04:53 PM
- By Sidlexic in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 10Last Post: 02-24-09, 04:53 PM
- By CeluGeek in forum BlackBerry ThemesReplies: 10Last Post: 10-29-08, 10:09 AM