I have a problem with the touch screen messaging action when it comes to the Send and Delete keys which are very close together. When busy chatting excitedly it's so easy to accidentally touch the send key. Now this makes think: will I get used to this setup after a while? One can't even have the option of changing settings to prevent this.
    Last edited by mandru; 03-18-13 at 09:29 AM. Reason: typing error
    damian27 and anon(4044683) like this.
    03-18-13 09:26 AM
    I have yet to see a keyboard (touchscreen or physical) where the delete and enter (send) keys are not close together. Seems to be characteristic of all mobile keyboards that I've used. Not sure why, but I've never had an issue with it either. I might get one every now and again where I accidentally hit the send instead of delete button, but once you get used to using your thumb from right to left to delete words instead of the delete button, the issues with that will drop.

JB
    03-18-13 09:34 AM
    Thanks. Suppose that's the best to do. I think it's the habit ingrained from the PC keyboard to press delete.
    03-18-13 09:39 AM
    It happened to me today, I pressed enter instead of delete

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:41 AM
    the "." full stop is just next to the send key and i accidentally keep hitting send whenever i try to hit the fullstop.
    03-18-13 10:39 AM
    I thought my wife and I were the only ones seeing this issue! I hit the send white often when I didn't mean to.
    03-19-13 06:24 AM
    this kinda annoying me too..not only typing in whatsapp, typing in other app like bbm, sms and maybe others that i missed have the same problem too. I wonder if there anyway i can press enter to start my sentence at the new line?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 06:39 AM
    Have you guys never used a touchscreen phone before? This is the norm, and it makes sense to have the two keys next to each other in the bottom corner, since they don't get used nearly as much as the letter keys.
    03-19-13 06:45 AM
    Have you guys never used a touchscreen phone before? This is the norm, and it makes sense to have the two keys next to each other in the bottom corner, since they don't get used nearly as much as the letter keys.
    at least in android keyboard, when u press the enter key =/= send the msg.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:11 AM
    Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.... seriously???

Bbz10 keyboard is a lot better than android and ios.. you have 2 different ways to delete a character or more... and you have read that already...

Swipe across the keyboard from left to right to delete a word or more. (just incase you haven't read or knew about it).

This was mentioned above.

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    03-19-13 07:20 AM
    at least in android keyboard, when u press the enter key =/= send the msg.
    Lol that's supposed to be a good thing? It was incredibly annoying that you have to take your hand all the way up near the text box to hit send in android. I absolutely hated that, and I know many people who hated it as well.
    shads77 and dracolnyte like this.
    03-19-13 07:25 AM
    Send key is lower right for texting (and very easy to hit)
    Send key is upper right for e-mails (much more difficult to hit by mistake).

Why the difference?
    bmwbarrister likes this.
    03-19-13 07:30 AM
    Check the BB keyboard tips and tricks on n4BB. There's a hint on how you can change settings to start a new line. I tried it and it works perfectly.
    shads77 likes this.
    03-19-13 08:08 AM
    Lol that's supposed to be a good thing? It was incredibly annoying that you have to take your hand all the way up near the text box to hit send in android. I absolutely hated that, and I know many people who hated it as well.
    then how if i want to write a new sentence in a new line without sending the msg 1st?

ok, will try to look for the keyboard setting that mandru mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 08:09 AM
    Blah blah blah, blah blah blah.... seriously???

Bbz10 keyboard is a lot better than android and ios.. you have 2 different ways to delete a character or more... and you have read that already...

Swipe across the keyboard from left to right to delete a word or more. (just incase you haven't read or knew about it).

This was mentioned above.

Basically your saying we have to live with what we have and not push Blackberry for improvments!?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 09:52 PM
    Basically your saying we have to live with what we have and not push Blackberry for improvments!?

Posted via CB10
    Kind of... yeah... and i can sense your point and it is better to keep blackberry pushing to improve things.. but i realized its not blackberry's problem... its whatsapps. They can move the send key to the other upper side or make a custom button.

03-19-13 10:23 PM
    There is a reason that the enter key sends the message in these types of apps. In an instant messaging app, it's supposed to be quick messages, not paragraphs. Even when on MSN Messenger, the enter key on your pc sends the message.

Posted via CB10
    systemvolker likes this.
    03-19-13 10:32 PM
    There is a reason that the enter key sends the message in these types of apps. In an instant messaging app, it's supposed to be quick messages, not paragraphs. Even when on MSN Messenger, the enter key on your pc sends the message.

Posted via CB10
    Good point as well... but every user has a different type of perspectives. maybe blackberry and app devs will need to give an option for users.

03-19-13 11:12 PM
    to address OPs concern, any time you get near the bottom right area of the keyboard, it should be for sending a message. you can completely ignore the delete button as there are shortcut gestures to delete as mentioned above
    03-20-13 12:31 AM