After many hours of analysis and investigation, it was discovered why the rollout failed.

"Android is so buggy, it can't even run an IM app" was caught in a leaked email captured by the NSA from the Android development team. "Android must be stupid" said a 6 year old at a candy shop.

"iOS, we call that the 1D10T operating system, it just couldn't fathom the awesomeness that is BBM" a developer at Apple was caught saying to his wife over his company BlackBerry. "See, BBM runs on pixie dust. What we didn't expect was that it only runs on green pixie dust" an engineer was quoted saying in her sleep.

...Ok, I kid. Yes, another post on this. But in truth, it's a free IM tool that was around long before iOS and Android was even a concept. . I my belief is no one can complain about free apps - but I know it was a sad day.

Diablo 3, SIM City and many more did just as bad on release day. It would have been great to have a flawless release. But really, I doubt very much that iOS and Android users really cared as much as we do.

I believe they need to patch BBM Channels as well as android and iOS side. So delay may be added. I'd expect 1 week delay.

What do you think? End of the world or minor hiccup? And 1 day delay, 1 week, 1 month?

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-21-13 10:14 PM
    i do agree that every other company has delays and troubles... but remember, that every other company is NOT bb and other companies do not get the media attention that BB gets.

this will be bad for BB, regardless of how the iOS7 launch went... or the horrendous Sim City launch
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-21-13 10:29 PM
    i do agree that every other company has delays and troubles... but remember, that every other company is NOT bb and other companies do not get the media attention that BB gets.

this will be bad for BB, regardless of how the iOS7 launch went... or the horrendous Sim City launch
    Bah what's a little bit of bad media coverage between friends

No, I know it's definitely not a good thing - I'm still not sure how the plan to make money on this endeavour... On a plus note, BBM for BB still has the advantage . It's just a bad day not to be a BlackBerry user if you wanted bbm.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-21-13 10:35 PM
    On BBM channels....

This is my PSA. I plan to spread it around. Ban me if you will.

I'm generally a pretty loyal BlackBerry user and I've been using their phones for a very long time. I'm proud of the avro arrow, Nortel, the canadarm and rim all the same.

I think channels is an awesome idea. If you have it, hopefully you agree. I don't have Facebook, instagram only to heart my gf's pics (happy wife, happy life), and twitter only to check the traffic. But I can see a great tool, even if I don't have a particular use for them.

My suggestion for all the channel beta users (I am one of them and painfully follow my own advice) is to subscribe to as many corporate channels, marketing channels and any other channel you can think of. I couldn't think of a better way to sell it to the brave companies that are spending their own capital to see if a new trend will buck. I almost feel like it's a duty of a good Canadian and a loyal BlackBerry user.

I've seen Google and apple take blackberry to the wall over the passed 6 years with various means (other than making pretty darn good phones). They pay developers to not develop for BlackBerry, filter negative and positive reviews and articles through search engines, and have done an amazing job of ruining rim's social image in general with corporate online bullying. And it's worked to a heavy degree. Which is why I'm so impressed that the company has survived this long while being attacked from every conceivable side.

I never had Beta, but I heard it was good. Let's not wait for the "blueray" of smart phones to come along in 7 years and thousands of dollars later when we can enjoy the Beta of phones right now.

Support BBM channels like a protest in the middle east. Spread the word and subscribe.

(you may ban me now for hijacking this thread)
    09-22-13 05:55 AM
    Lol I don't think it's a hijack and I couldn't ban someone if I wanted to

Interesting view on channels

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-22-13 10:46 AM