I keep getting a notification to update my amazon app store app. I did, but it keeps sending the same message.

Solution?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 04:05 PM
    I keep getting a notification to update my amazon app store app. I did, but it keeps sending the same message.

Solution?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure if it is an app that could be deleted/removed and then reinstalled? Does it work other than the nuisance factor? Using Ghost Commander, sometimes you can turn off some Android notifications.
    08-03-15 04:23 PM
    I'm not sure if it is an app that could be deleted/removed and then reinstalled? Does it work other than the nuisance factor? Using Ghost Commander, sometimes you can turn off some Android notifications.
    It doesn't show up in the BlackBerry "my apps". I guess it is a special case.

The way you update the Amazon app store app as far as I can tell is you open the app and it then does an update. So again, it seems to be a special case.

About every 15 minutes it sends me a notification. I could probably figure out a way to get it out of the hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 04:32 PM
    Ghost Commander (first used on the Playbook)

Go to home screen of ghost commander (the bottom menu scrolls and HOME is the last item on the far right) and in that list there is an icon for Applications. Click that icon, believe it's the second last one above the exit icon. When in Application you will see a list of apps. Go to the app for which you want to edit the notification setting and Press and Hold it until option menu appears. Select Manage from that menu. In there you can edit the settings.

I just followed it and App Store has a CheckMark for notices.
    08-03-15 09:08 PM
    I just updated it again, but if the problem persists, I will try ghost commander.

BTW I had a brain fart when explaining the update procedure. What you do is open the notification, clock on the message, and it starts the update process.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-15 11:58 PM
    I tried killing the app with the taskmaster, but the notifications still kept coming. I loaded Ghost Commander and nuked the app. So far, so good.

Ghost commander is quite a program. I need to investigate it more.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 10:37 AM
    I tried killing the app with the taskmaster, but the notifications still kept coming. I loaded Ghost Commander and nuked the app. So far, so good.

Ghost commander is quite a program. I need to investigate it more.

Posted via CB10
    It is quite a powerful program. It also lets you look inside folders and find various support files. Just be careful. You don't want to go erasing or altering anything critical. I have to say it was a bit easier to use on the larger-screened Playbook and was one of the first such powerful apps for Android ported over the the BB environment.
    08-05-15 04:04 PM
    Hah, but I'm still getting the update notices!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 06:39 PM
    I'm having the same problem, keep getting the notifications in the hub rat I need to update, any ideas? Doesn't let me delete amazon either

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:09 PM