Looking forward to read your write-up on this.

It would be nice to have a permanent section on this site that lists BlackBerry apps with their security scorecard. Is BlackBerry turning a blind eye to devs just to create more business? Are we letting too many ''foxes'' in the chicken coop...you get my drift. What's the use of locking the front door when the all the back doors & windows are open and available to suck our data.
    Cheers
    02-09-15 10:04 AM
    Can you clarify what you just posted? Are you acknowledging that you are running ads in the background of your apps and are claiming that is how it is supposed to work because BlackBerry suggested the ad service?
    They did suggested it. they setup a webcast meeting, a blog post, a project sample in github, and I talked to smaato guys. Everything was followed 100%

More Ways to Make Money for BlackBerry 10 developers with Smaato! | BlackBerry Developer Blog
    02-09-15 10:05 AM
    Just read your response: Nemory Studios: Response - Web Security Analysis Of 12 BlackBerry 10 Applications

Hope you can clear it all up and can continue to work on apps. All part of a learning process I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    No one can bring me down. I appreciate all the haters. but I'm continuing. I want the platform to have more apps that are missing.
    02-09-15 10:08 AM
    You shouldn't be to sure about that. Your blog post is just beating around the bush.
    What you do is simply ripping of others APIs, thats the reason I avoid your apps.
    Making profit with the APIs of others is piracy in my eyes, you should fear the day someone starts alerting the API providers that your apps use them for unauthorised access.

And obviously the article about the security is not hating but stating real facts.
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    02-09-15 10:14 AM
    No one can bring me down. I appreciate all the haters. but I'm continuing. I want the platform to have more apps that are missing.
    Lol, you're really thinking that that article is hate?! I read it and found 0 zero hates in it, only facts that are based on clear evidence.

Heck, everyone can download Wireshark or Fiddler and try it on its own.

If I understand it correctly, you consider true and facts as hate, right?

Posted via CB10
    CarbonKevin and Maxxxpower like this.
    02-09-15 10:16 AM
    They did suggested it. they setup a webcast meeting, a blog post, a project sample in github, and I talked to smaato guys. Everything was followed 100%

More Ways to Make Money for BlackBerry 10 developers with Smaato! | BlackBerry Developer Blog

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. From my understanding, your pro users do not see ads. Are your ads running so that people can't see them?
    02-09-15 10:19 AM
    Agree with you 100% - this is squarely on BlackBerry's doorstep. The manufacturer SHOULD have CLEAR guidelines and also be able to verify and enforce devs and their apps. What's the use of mouthing about BlackBerry security when devs are having a field day.

My confidence level just went down a few notches...Nuff said.
    02-09-15 10:22 AM
    Agree with you 100% - this is squarely on BlackBerry's doorstep. The manufacturer SHOULD have CLEAR guidelines and also be able to verify and enforce devs and their apps. What's the use of mouthing about BlackBerry security when devs are having a field day. .
    I hope he never drives a car. The guidelines for vehicle operation are very sketchy.
    KKrusher, olaf_d and CarbonKevin like this.
    02-09-15 10:25 AM
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. From my understanding, your pro users do not see ads. Are your ads running so that people can't see them?
    The ads system cannot be removed when compiled in the BAR File. It's there always. When upgraded, the Ads are still there but not visible. But that's going to be patched
    02-09-15 10:28 AM
    Lol, you're really thinking that that article is hate?! I read it and found 0 zero hates in it, only facts that are based on clear evidence.

Heck, everyone can download Wireshark or Fiddler and try it on its own.

If I understand it correctly, you consider true and facts as hate, right?

Posted via CB10
    yes I do and everyone is welcome to use Wireshark or Fiddler and sniff all the data they want from my apps.
    02-09-15 10:29 AM
    You shouldn't be to sure about that. Your blog post is just beating around the bush.
    What you do is simply ripping of others APIs, thats the reason I avoid your apps.
    Making profit with the APIs of others is piracy in my eyes, you should fear the day someone starts alerting the API providers that your apps use them for unauthorised access.

And obviously the article about the security is not hating but stating real facts.
    yes that's true. I do violate APIs and I am taking the risk. and YOU cannot stop me from doing that I see more people appreciate my work than hate it like you. and I know you're the twitter guy that blocked me
    02-09-15 10:31 AM
    yes I do and everyone is welcome to use Wireshark or Fiddler and sniff all the data they want from my apps.
    Seriously? You interpret legitimate security concerns as hatred? Boy, the real world is going to be a shocker for you kid.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 10:40 AM
    I did not see any haters with all the posts that I have read and no one wants to bring you down.
    All that I want and possibly BlackBerry users are clear facts of what is going on.
    If people respond - it actually means that they care about BlackBerry and the devs.
    If BlackBerry as a manufacturer is sanctioning this methodology - then shame on them. Business ethics just went out the front door.
    Good luck with your work.
    CarbonKevin and tinochiko like this.
    02-09-15 10:42 AM
    If nothing else this should open people's eyes to the fact that your phone isn't secure just because it says Blackberry on it. The number of times I've heard in here "I can install whatever apps I want because Blackberry is secure" is uncountable. Granted, permissions need to be accepted but its still an eye opener.
    ljfong likes this.
    02-09-15 10:44 AM
    Seriously? You interpret legitimate security concerns as hatred? Boy, the real world is going to be a shocker for you kid.

Posted via CB10
    What? I just replied on this one "Heck, everyone can download Wireshark or Fiddler and try it on its own. "

Maybe your kid
    02-09-15 10:44 AM
    Loading ads even there not visible surely gave you a nice profit and to carry on that you said to me on twitter a developer like you should be able to remove them completely from a pro version, or is that the #idiotdev in you talking here?
    CarbonKevin and anon3700711 like this.
    02-09-15 10:48 AM
    I don't get the hate towards Nemory here, but maybe I just don't understand. Isn't he doing what Blackberry told him to do to increase monetization for his apps? Forget the API ripping, anyone who's downloaded his apps shouldn't say a thing about that. People have praised his work on here and no one should be upset that he's using someone's API (unless you don't use it for that reason). CrackBerry themselves have posted on the blog about updates to his apps so I don't see where the problem is with it.

But from the ad portion of it, it looks like Blackberry was telling them to do it to make more money. What am I missing here?
    02-09-15 10:50 AM
    What? I just replied on this one "Heck, everyone can download Wireshark or Fiddler and try it on its own. "

Maybe your kid
    Your first reply was

Posted via CB10
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    02-09-15 10:50 AM
    He is having the ads even in the pro version so he is making money with them even when you bought the pro version.
    CarbonKevin and anon3700711 like this.
    02-09-15 10:56 AM
    I don't get the hate towards Nemory here, but maybe I just don't understand. Isn't he doing what Blackberry told him to do to increase monetization for his apps?
    If you find anywhere that BlackBerry suggested that he run behind the scenes ads on his apps, then you can join the Smaato lawsuit to make millions off of BlackBerry.

If he makes a "pro" app that isn't supposed to contain ads, then he shouldn't be running ads in the background. If he couldn't figure out how to turn them off, then make a 2nd app without them.
    02-09-15 10:59 AM
    I know this may be a generational gap thing (seems today's young folk feel entitled to talk however they want to whomever they want), but here is some advice you may do with as you wish, Nemory (and any other young developers):

Calm down and think twice about everything you write. What you write is the only thing we can see other than your apps, and thus what represents you to the public. If people cannot trust you,.. then it doesn't matter how great your apps are. You may want to curse everyone out, and you can do that privately if you want,-- but since your livelihood (or at least some of it) seems to depend on the public perception of you and your products, it's in your best interest to keep things as civil and impersonal as possible.

In other words, for every 100 things you want to post or send on line,... you should only hit the 'Post/Send' button about 5 times.
    02-09-15 11:00 AM
    If you find anywhere that BlackBerry suggested that he run behind the scenes ads on his apps, then you can join the Smaato lawsuit to make millions off of BlackBerry.

If he makes a "pro" app that isn't supposed to contain ads, then he shouldn't be running ads in the background. If he couldn't figure out how to turn them off, then make a 2nd app without them.
    I agree with this. If the user pays for the app it is unfair to be bleeding the user's data running ads and getting paid for it.

Posted via CB10
    CarbonKevin likes this.
    02-09-15 11:05 AM
    Based on most postings I've read in which Nemory gets involved, they are quite often defensive and accusatory, and I for one will never use a Nemory app.
    02-09-15 11:07 AM
    I know this may be a generational gap thing (seems today's young folk feel entitled to talk however they want to whomever they want), but here is some advice you may do with as you wish, Nemory (and any other young developers):

Calm down and think twice about everything you write. What you write is the only thing we can see other than your apps, and thus what represents you to the public. If people cannot trust you,.. then it doesn't matter how great your apps are. You may want to curse everyone out, and you can do that privately if you want,-- but since your livelihood (or at least some of it) seems to depend on the public perception of you and your products, it's in your best interest to keep things as civil and impersonal as possible.

In other words, for every 100 things you want to post or send on line,... you should only hit the 'Post/Send' button about 5 times.
    I tried to tell him about that once, didn't went well:
    https://twitter.com/splatterb0y/stat...73983436779520
    CarbonKevin and Joshu42 like this.
    02-09-15 11:08 AM
    I tried to tell him about that once, didn't went well:
    https://twitter.com/splatterb0y/stat...73983436779520
    To be fair you were out of line as well. You guys were fighting on twitter like a bunch of 5 year Olds

Posted via CB10
    homer1475, LP_Rigg and mrfreeze like this.
    02-09-15 11:11 AM
374 1234 ...