Noticed my phone gets really hot as well when I use this app.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:01 PM
    oh damn! this would've been cool for Fashion Week here in Toronto! it just ended yesterday but I'll still give this a try =]
    03-23-13 05:14 PM
    I agree, work is needed. It's a good first attempt by the dev.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 05:49 PM
    You have to move super slowly or your pics end up all jacked up. And even then, there's no guarantee. Been playing around with it for the past hour and I'm not overly impressed. I've had some really good results and some just terrible results. It would be pretty awesome if the app worked the way it does in the video on their site for their iOS version.

Posted via CB10
    After reading all the positive posts, I thought it was just me, but I'm having the same experience. I'm not finding it smooth at all, as others have reported. I find it jerky, and it freezes and just stops taking images in the middle of a pan. The one time I managed to get a reasonable pan, it was VERY blurry. I've tried moving very slowly, but it invariably freezes. I really want to love this app as it looks like it could be awesome, but it isn't for me right now. I don't know if a future update might help, but I'm more than a little disappointed right now. I'll keep trying though. Any tips to help improve my experience, I'd really appreciate them.
    03-23-13 07:08 PM
    I bought it. It has bugs, but hey, I an sure that they will continue to improve it. Really glad they went native.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 08:57 PM
    Great to have it on bb10. Just need the bugs ironed out. Hope the devs make improvements.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:02 PM
    Just out of curiosity, they guys having issues with the app what model are you all using? (STL model variant, it can be found in settings-about)

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:25 PM
    STL-100-3 here

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 09:33 PM
    I had some stuttering yesterday when I tried it at night, but it worked smoothly this afternoon (bright, sunny day on the golf course )
    03-23-13 09:51 PM
    After reading all the positive posts, I thought it was just me, but I'm having the same experience. I'm not finding it smooth at all, as others have reported. I find it jerky, and it freezes and just stops taking images in the middle of a pan. The one time I managed to get a reasonable pan, it was VERY blurry. I've tried moving very slowly, but it invariably freezes. I really want to love this app as it looks like it could be awesome, but it isn't for me right now. I don't know if a future update might help, but I'm more than a little disappointed right now. I'll keep trying though. Any tips to help improve my experience, I'd really appreciate them.
    Me too, I experience some lags on it or it just stops. I also wish it has stabilization options, flash on/off, and that "You are going to fast" warning similar to iOS. (Unless they patented the last one -_- )
    03-23-13 10:38 PM
    How come it shows not available for this device on my z10?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 12:38 AM
    I found some tips and tricks on the Occipital site:
    360 Panorama Tips at Occipital – Blog

And from the instructions on the Occipital site:
    How to get the best shots with 360 Panorama

Quick Tips
    ✓ Make as tight of a circle as you can
    ✓ Make a single smooth pass
    ✓ Choose good light over low light
    ✓ In low light: move, pause, move, pause...

I just tried the low light advice in my office and it worked reasonably well.
    03-24-13 12:40 AM
    Also for anyone getting any sticking or freezing try a reboot of the phone this fixed it for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:53 AM
    Yeah. You guys are using it wrong!

I had lots of problems indoors. Then I figured out that you need to pan slowly,stop after each "click" and wait for another "click" before continuing to move.

This is a great app.

I expect that access to more camera settings will come over time.
    03-24-13 07:10 AM
    360 Panorama from Occipital.-360panorama-my-deck.jpg

Testing...
    this is my first outdoor panaramic picture using the Z10 and 360 Panorama...
    did a slow 360 of my deck view...

This was well worth the price...if my first shot came out this good...

(by the way..that sunlight burst is the morning sunrise...I took it at 7AM on the Westcoast)

SOMEONE asked if this can be BBM'd to people who don't have the APP. and I can vouch that it does BBM very well...comes into BB9900 as a strip that can be pinched and enlarged and scrolled to view..

In case you are wondering what my Avatar is...It's a picture I took of the Vatican through a Keyhole on a far mountainside overlooking the Vatican...One of my best...I use it as my Z10 wallpaper...the lit pathway lines up perfectly with the page scroll icons at the bottom...
    Last edited by RIMs-Pegasus-2012; 03-24-13 at 06:53 PM.
    imz likes this.
    03-24-13 09:58 AM
    I find it freezes more in portrait mode rather than landscape.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:02 PM
    After ready tips and playing around with the app more it works quite well. Also expect different results in various lighting conditions. That said thanks for going native and look forward to future enhancements and fixes.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:43 PM
    You can "Save the Photo" from the 3 dots menu on the bottom right. Photo not as clear as iphone's.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 08:05 PM
    Can't seem to find the stereographic option, unless I'm missing something?
    03-26-13 02:57 PM
    Should incorporate the volume buttons to snap the pic like the built in camera does. That would be a neat update. All camera apps should have this feature.

Posted via CB10
    proudtobe_bb likes this.
    03-26-13 03:14 PM
    Great to see this app finally out and I really respect the devs for going native on this one. I was a big Photosynth user on my ipod touch but since the Z10 I've been leaving it at home more often. The app definitely has its bugs but its a good start and hopefully the devs are quick to address our issues with future updates. Personally I'd like to see an option to save the panoramic photos at higher resolutions.
    polgara59 and jstirtzinger like this.
    03-27-13 12:39 AM
    Noticed my phone gets really hot as well when I use this app.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. It wasn't cooling down very quickly after I closed it either.
    03-28-13 05:15 PM
    Agreed. Phone gets hot and results are inconsistent. The blending algorithm isn't very precise.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:10 PM
    Can't seem to find the stereographic option, unless I'm missing something?
    I think you select the globe with arrows icon.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 06:11 PM
    After reading all the positive posts, I thought it was just me, but I'm having the same experience. I'm not finding it smooth at all, as others have reported. I find it jerky, and it freezes and just stops taking images in the middle of a pan. The one time I managed to get a reasonable pan, it was VERY blurry. I've tried moving very slowly, but it invariably freezes. I really want to love this app as it looks like it could be awesome, but it isn't for me right now. I don't know if a future update might help, but I'm more than a little disappointed right now. I'll keep trying though. Any tips to help improve my experience, I'd really appreci areate them.

We are three. I am not alone...
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    03-28-13 06:26 PM
135 12345 ...