View Poll Results: Would you lika a A Multiformat EBook Reader and/or Comic Book Reader App on your BB10 Phone ?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and i am willing to pay $4.99+ for an app like this

1 7.69%
  • Yes, and i am willing to pay $1.99+ for an app like this

3 23.08%
  • Yes, and i am willing to pay $0.99+ for an app like this

3 23.08%
  • Yes, but ONLY if it is free

3 23.08%
  • Yes

1 7.69%
  • NO

2 15.38%
    This is the second in a series of App Requests.

1.) GPS Phone Locator for Lost or Stolen Phones
    2.) A Multiformat EBook Reader and/or Comic Book Reader
    3.) WiFi Search, with Built-in Speed Test, and Management

These are apps that I would want to have in my next BB10 phone. I would try and lay out the kind of functionality that I would like to see in the requested app, feel free to join in and suggest improvements etc.

I would like if the developers would join in on the discussion and share ideas on what would be the best way to build such an app.
    Should you decide to take up development of the said app, I would encourage you to share your progress in this thread and get feedback from the community.
    I would also like to encourage multiple developers to take on the project since there are so many ways the same thing can be approached, and the more apps the merrier

I will also put up Polls with each App Request, so the developers can gauge the interest that people show for the said App.

For this particular app I had already posted inside another thread, but now I am giving it a thread of its own.

A Multiformat EBook Reader and/or Comic Book Reader

I would love a real nice Ebook Reading App, that is fast, fluid, visually appealing and supports all kinds of Ebook formats.

1.) Should Support All Ebook, and/or Comic Book Formats ... Its no fun having a great app and not being able to use it because it lacks compatibility for the files you own

2.) Fast ( its no good waiting for the next page to load ... Maybe somehow try and Pre Cache the next 10 Pages for instantaneous page flipping )

3.) Fluid ( smooth page flipping animations as seen in many magazine apps )

4.) Swipey (make it in cascades for a great bb10 feel with swipes and gestures and all )

5.) Functional ( comprehensive context menus using invocation framework for searching info on words, character names, definitions )

6.) Intelligent ( read file names or book titles and download appropriate information including Year, Genre, for sorting and covers, concept art, author biographies, book reviews, similar book suggestions etc. )

7.) BookMarks ( multiple bookmarks support, and Auto Save BookMark when app is swiped into an active frame )

8.) User Control ( ability to select one or more folders in the file system to scan for new books when app starts )

9.) Notes ( ability to save notes and then search for them from inside the app )

10.) Search ( ability to search for words, or phrases within the entire book library or individual books )

11.) Sorting (ability to sort books by Genre , Author Name, Series, Alphabetical etc. with the ability to rename the "displayed name" of any book within the app without changing the filename or any other properties of the book. )

12.) Visually Appealing ( Book Shelf View, Cover Flow type View, Grid, List .... XBMC style Fanart - Light Dark Themes with changeable font and background colors)

13.) Active Frames could show the Cover of the Book.

14.) Bookmarks, and Last Read pages should be able to sync over NFC/BT between devices to enable a user to read a page on the Phone, and then read the next page on the Playbook.

Please participate actively in the Polls so the Devlopers can know what kind of demand they are looking at.
    Last edited by Qaxl; 01-23-13 at 06:44 AM.
    01-22-13 05:21 AM
    I was supposed to select YES, hit NO by accident, there's only one
    01-22-13 06:11 AM
    I was supposed to select YES, hit NO by accident, there's only one
    Its OK, makes the poll more believable
    01-26-13 05:22 AM
    A good call blocker app One where you can block calls, emails and txt
    01-27-13 09:49 AM