Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Default Re: Z10 Screen Protector?

I hope they make these for the Z10, it's display is similar of that for the iPhone 5 so it shouldn't be that hard... Hopefully.

It'll feel exactly like a screen and is made the same way that gorilla glass gimmick is made.

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/app...ss-series.html
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by HKain7 View Post
    I hope they make these for the Z10, it's display is similar of that for the iPhone 5 so it shouldn't be that hard... Hopefully.

It'll feel exactly like a screen and is made the same way that gorilla glass gimmick is made.

iPhone 5 Spigen glass screen protector Glas.tr | SPIGEN SGP
    is that the one that comes with an extra piece so you can reach the button on the iphone? i think that'd be too thick/raised too high to work with our phones, no? would be weird for gestures off the top or bottom.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Default Re: Z10 Screen Protector?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneN. View Post
    is that the one that comes with an extra piece so you can reach the button on the iphone? i think that'd be too thick/raised too high to work with our phones, no? would be weird for gestures off the top or bottom.
    The button is optional, but I've seen many YouTube reviews and it doesn't seem to cause a problem for any. But about the features you're right I've never thought about the gestures, it'd be nice to see how they'll do it. As I've seen on the Z10 in the reviews (in the US have to wait another month ) the glass is a little bit lowered and the plastic is above it in a a couple millimeters, so if that is true I think it should be fine.
    Last edited by HKain7; 02-12-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive

Well I now officially have my Tru Protection screen protector on my Z10 and It feels amazing Have had no issue with missing keys or missing swipes a great purchase and sooooooo easy to put on with NO BUBBLES
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

iPhone 5 Spigen glass screen protector Glas.tr | SPIGEN SGP
    It seems like SPIGEN is focussing on the Apple/Samsung/Nexus brands only. They are great screen protectors - I had them on the GS III, but it looks like SPIGEN will not make any for the other brands unless they sell in huge quantities.
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    14,976 Global Posts

I take it Ghost Armour is similar to Skinomi?
    Going to do a comparison.
    Posted from my awesome QNX powered Q10 or my penguin powered laptop

My Channel: Geeks United C00122408

Global Posts
    14,976 Global Posts

Skinomi looks to have better protection than Ghost Armour for one simple reason: Skinomi is self healing.
    www.skinomi.com/blackberry.html

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

Ghost Armor is exactly the same thing...it's actually a 3M product....

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10

Global Posts
    14,976 Global Posts

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/app...ss-series.html
    I had one of these for my Galaxy Nexus, not a fan typing through two layers of glass.

Global Posts
    14,976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justam View Post
    Ghost Armor is exactly the same thing...it's actually a 3M product....

Ghost Armour isn't as thin as Skinomi nor is it advertised as self healing. I'll see once I get the Skinomi. Now I just have to convince Otterbox to make a Z10 Commuter case.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

It is actually exactly the same stuff...doesn't matter which one you choose.. ghost Armor installed my screen protector for me and did a fantastic job at that...If anything that is the only difference between the two products.

Global Posts
    14,976 Global Posts

It is actually exactly the same stuff...doesn't matter which one you choose.. ghost Armor installed my screen protector for me and did a fantastic job at that...If anything that is the only difference between the two products.

I'm going with my friends recommendation of Skinomi - thanks for the info.

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

Sounds goos!

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by SkaterGuy2k View Post
    Well I now officially have my Tru Protection screen protector on my Z10 and It feels amazing Have had no issue with missing keys or missing swipes a great purchase and sooooooo easy to put on with NO BUBBLES
    I have had the Tru Protection HD Anti-Glare Screen Film on mine since Saturday. The fit, ease of installation and swipe performance of it have been outstanding and what I expected. My problem has been the grainy look of my graphics with it. I feel it has severely degraded the 'look' of my graphics.

Anyone else notice this with Tru Protection?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    the tail on the donkey....

The cheap ones are never good, usually annoying to install, very prone to scratches, and rainbow a lot.
    I've been buying cheap ones off of eBay for a few years and have been rather satisfied with the ones I have bought and have had very few issues with the installation of them. I had more issues with the universal screen protectors you cut to size (I had bought some to put on my iPod Touch and used them once on my BlackBerry.).

Has anyone used Clarivue's screen protectors, as they do offer them for the Z10?

Blackberry Z10

Ghost Armor does look good, but I'm not driving 30+ minutes to the only place in Atlanta they show as selling their product.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FedoraForMe View Post
    I have had the Tru Protection HD Anti-Glare Screen Film on mine since Saturday. The fit, ease of installation and swipe performance of it have been outstanding and what I expected. My problem has been the grainy look of my graphics with it. I feel it has severely degraded the 'look' of my graphics.

That's exactly what i don't like as well...the grainy look...degrades the screen quality and my oh my does the screen look good!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Do you have any photos of your Z10 with the Ghost Armor on it? I called the local Ghost Armor kiosk in the mall today and the guy there said they don't have any screen protectors for the Z10 until the end of next week! I wanted one today.
    Wolfpacal
    CrackBerry Abuser

seems like they all have their negatives. i'm fairly sure my friend had the zagg HD version on his iphone 5 the other day and it felt much closer to glass than their original ones. i just assume they're slightly undersized like their iphone covers.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

I suppose I could take a pic of it. They custom cut me one and will put on the factory cut for free when it arrives. Essentially is covers my whole screen and with the except of a cut out rectangle where the sensors are in the top right.

Give me a min, I'll take a pic now before bed/i forget

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    281 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FedoraForMe View Post

Yes. I got the protector today. It does a really good job with the anti-glare and smudges. However, I also noticed the grainy effect on the screen. Will have to decide...love the anti-glare and it is so much smoother to swipe/gesture. May keep it on until something better comes up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpacal View Post
    Do you have any photos of your Z10 with the Ghost Armor on it? I called the local Ghost Armor kiosk in the mall today and the guy there said they don't have any screen protectors for the Z10 until the end of next week! I wanted one today.
    Z10 Screen Protector?-img_0454.jpg

Notice the cut out in the top right. They did a fairly good job and was happy to have protection from day one. And the fact they will replace with a factory cut one for free once they arrive is truly awesome.

It may look like the screen protector darkens the screen but fear not it is completely optically clear. The reason it appears darker where the screen protector is, is because it has antiglare properties
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytoronto View Post
    Yes. I got the protector today. It does a really good job with the anti-glare and smudges. However, I also noticed the grainy effect on the screen. Will have to decide...love the anti-glare and it is so much smoother to swipe/gesture. May keep it on until something better comes up.
    Ghost Armor Does all that without the grain
    CrackBerry Abuser

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0454.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	135609

Notice the cut out in the top right. They did a fairly good job and was happy to have protection from day one. And the fact they will replace with a factory cut one for free once they arrive is truly awesome.

It may look like the screen protector darkens the screen but fear not it is completely optically clear. The reason it appears darker where the screen protector is, is because it has antiglare properties
    Looks absolutely perfect! That's definitely the screen protector I'm getting too!
    Wolfpacal
    CrackBerry User

Got it on eBay

CrackBerry User

I bought the iShield protector today and installed. Fits well and looks nice. I am happy with it. Lifetime warranty as well.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast