Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,112 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Screen Protector?

Has anyone started selling screen protectors for the Z10?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

you don't need a screen protector
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    18,424 Global Posts

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzyqu View Post
    you don't need a screen protector
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,009 Global Posts

glass screens are so durable these days, for a phone you are going to have for 2 years, you might as well enjoy it without an ugly film covering the whole thing for the off chance you figure out how to scratch it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I've never been a big fan of them. I think that anything tough/sharp enough to scratch the glass...is going to rip right through one anyway.
    David in Durham likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

what screen does the bold 9900 have on it? Ive scratched one of them all to ****. If there the same screens ill be throwing a protector on the Z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's pretty easy to scratch a glass screen. Since force = pressure/ area it will not take much to scratch a screen if you get a micro particle on the screen. Once it's scratched it will take an automotive buffer with an abrasive paste to get out!
    I usually apply Boxwave ClearTouch crystal screen protectors. They are durable and have over 90% transparency.
    Thanked by:
    ctuffy (01-25-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

My son has a Zagg screen protector on his phone (it's an iPhone 5, but the same principle applies). He knocked it off his night table onto the floor, screen down, on top of a screw on the floor. Don't ask why there was a screw on his floor. I don't know! Anyway, it made no mark on either the screen or the screen protector. zagg.com. I found them too expensive, and am looking for an alternative so I don't have to look at a scratched up screen for years after it inevitably happens - usually the first few days of ownership, just like what happens with a new car!

He found it at first had bubbles under it, but they went away after a time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

I've used the Best Skins Ever, iShieldz, and cheap screen protectors from ebay in the past, and recently I've been putting the cheap protectors with anti-glare/matte finish on most of my phones and devices. These don't hold any finger prints and I enjoy the frosted finish from the protector. I used to like the 'wrapped' look that BSE and iShieldz would give but after a while they started to build up gunk on the sides of the protector and it looks bad after some time.

Going the route of the anti-glare screen protectors, usually you will get 3 or so in a pack and they are fairly durable comparing them to their more expensive counterpart. They do take some time to get used to putting on but after a couple tries it gets easier.

If you're looking to try them out just go on google and search 'blackberry z10 matte screen' and some will come up.

Good luck!
    mmason31 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,286 Global Posts

BlackBerry Z10

I have one on my iPhone4 and on BOTH PBs, my brother has it on his 9900. great protector! I actually like the feel of this over the glass screen.
    ------------------------>LIST OF WORKING Android Apps for Z10/BB10 ---200 SO FAR!!! <------------------------
    CrackBerry User

there are some for sale on amazon.ca, i ordered the 3-pack from them =)
    went looking at bestbuy, walmart, etc and they havent received any yet.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

I'm using a privacy screen protector from a Galaxy S3 on my Z10 I just had to cut it to fit the screen and it works great!!

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    GG10 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Every phone I have ever used, touch screen or not, has had a screen protector and while the screen protector has gotten scratched never has my screen because of the protector. I can change out a scratched screen protector for a lot cheaper then I can a new screen.
    The same goes for all tablets. Always have a screen protector. I will not touch a device until I have put a screen protector on it.

P.S. I have a 3 inch thick glass dining room table... It really is NOT hard for glass to get scratched.
    Former: Motorola MicroTac- Motorola V120x - Nokia 3280 - Audiovox 8600 - Audiovox 8410 - Samsung A920 - LG Vx8500 (Chocolate) - BlackBerry Pearl 8130 - LG Vx9700 (Dare) - BlackBerry Curve 8530 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - BlackBerry Torch 9810

Current: BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB WiFi; BlackBerry PlayBook 32GB WiFi; BlackBerry Z10!!!

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.
    djdragon likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    Ask and You Will Receive

I just ordered Tru Protection Screen protectors from Crackberry.com and they should arrive today
    I have one on my playbook and all my other BB's I have used
    slade632 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I picked up an iShieldz protector on the weekend because that was all that was available in Ottawa. I've never been a big fan of the iShieldz stuff, but this one feels pretty good on the screen. You barely notice it is on there. The Source had a deal on, $50 for the protector, the flip cover and a charger. Pretty good deal.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

I use xoskins for my screen protectors they always get the job done. I think they are selling the z10 protectors now.
    Screen Protector | Screen Protectors | Shield | XO Skins

I ordered one as a Pre-order.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes they do I purchase an Ishield when I bought the phone
    CrackBerry Abuser

I got mine from Rogers. It's the tru matte anti glare one. Went on super easy (no extra liquid required) and I'm a real stickler for it to be perfect and I did a pretty decent job the first time. $20 + gst and you get two of them.

CrackBerry User

I've used zagg invisible shields on several previous devices and they have always worked well. A bit more expensive but worth it. Already ordered one for my Z10

CrackBerry User

In Edmonton they have Ghost armour boths in the malls, i think they are better then zagg, and half the price. 21 bucks for mine. cut to fit right at the both.
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    16,351 Global Posts

I tend to get iSmooth screen protectors, they are thin and don't bubble.
    CrackBerry User

try the source in Canada. It was $16 bucks and came with fluid, squeegee and film. worked great
    CrackBerry User

I just got one at the source, great deal, didn't really need another charger but it was a good package, apparently going up in price in March
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    16,351 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rack1 View Post
    I've used zagg invisible shields on several previous devices and they have always worked well. A bit more expensive but worth it. Already ordered one for my Z10

I looked on Zagg's site, can't see the Z10 one. Where did you order it?
    meganVee and falsepercula like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    766 Global Posts

I got a set of three cheap one from eBay. Very good, clear and cheaper than a new screen.

iPhone 5S, Space Black on O2 UK
    iPad Mini Retina WiFi, 64Gb

My BB History: 7130 >8700 >8100 >8120 >8120(RED) >9000 >9500 >9520 >9810 >Z10
    Plus a bunch of other pre-production devices, including the only RED Pearl Flip ever made.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast