Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By BrizzadMan
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Cases

I was looking to buy a case from CB here since Telus or any other store for that matter have anything other then cheap gels or overpriced otterbox.

I was looking at the Transform Hardshell and the Flip Shell sold here.... Sorry Crackberry but your photos suck. They look so similar I can't tell the difference..

What cases does everyone have so far? Any pictures would help
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

I also want to ask if anyone has the pocket micro fiber pouch or leather pouch. Are they any good in protecting u r phone? How are they compare to each other

Posted via CB10
    Banned

Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

I got the official Blackberry leather pocket. Regular $34.99 but I got it for $17.50 at Best Buy after price matching.

Just go to this site, print out a copy of the item and get Best Buy to price match + 10% difference.

BlackBerry Leather Pocket Pouch Case Black for Z10 // GOCELLULAR.ca

P.S. I assume you're in Canada based on your username and avatar.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    695 Global Posts

I have all but the micro-fibre case.

1.) Leather Pocket Sleeve - Extremely tight on the device. 4 weeks of use now, and it has stretched out a bit, but is still difficult to slip the device out. It is difficult to pull the device out and not press the volume rocker buttons at the same time. I prefer a sleeve, as I tend to pocket my device, or sometimes put it in my work briefcase. It offers the best protection in this case, as it is less likely for something to slide in & touch the screen. I love the rear of this case, it is similar to the design of the back of the Bold 9900, kind of a shiny weave pattern. Looks awesome.

2.) Transform Hard Shell - By no means is this a protective case. It is primarily for function of placing the device in Landscape orientation for media consumption. It does protect the back of the device yes, and perhaps each corner. That said - it is super light, doesn't add too much bulk - and if you find yourself needing to prop up the Z10 all the time for video watching - this is a great accessory.

3.) Flip Shell - I like this case, but have found I do not prefer to use it. It does not add significant weight or bulk that - it is a really nice looking case. On the topic of aesthetics though, I really like the back of the naked Z10 device - and it does not share the same rubbery/plastic, nor does the back have the BlackBerry logo?! So no one can tell you're rocking a Z10. The flap has a magnet which will turn the display off - nice! The front cover can fold, so you can prop up the device in landscape orientation on a table, similar to the Transform shell. Use of the device in this case, if you typically type a lot (and MOST BlackBerry people do), may be off-putting. Holding the device with this case, folding the cover back - to type with both hands, is a bit awkward in my person opinion.
    Thanked by 2:
    crimsonking (03-09-2013),  RelicAte (03-07-2013) 
    pels_17 and John Pawling like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Cool My Z10 case

just picked up this Case and Screen Protector for my Z10. The price was excellent and the case extremely good. I wanted a case that allowed maximum access to the front bezel.
    CrackBerry Genius

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks for all the info so far , especially about the flip and hard cases CB sells.

Ive also been looking at Amazon.com/Z10 cases ... They have a great selection at bottom prices. Too much choice is just as bad as not enough choice
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BrizzadMan View Post
    I have all but the micro-fibre case.
    3.) Flip Shell - I like this case, but have found I do not prefer to use it. It does not add significant weight or bulk that - it is a really nice looking case. On the topic of aesthetics though, I really like the back of the naked Z10 device - and it does not share the same rubbery/plastic, nor does the back have the BlackBerry logo?! So no one can tell you're rocking a Z10. The flap has a magnet which will turn the display off - nice! The front cover can fold, so you can prop up the device in landscape orientation on a table, similar to the Transform shell. Use of the device in this case, if you typically type a lot (and MOST BlackBerry people do), may be off-putting. Holding the device with this case, folding the cover back - to type with both hands, is a bit awkward in my person opinion.
    I got a flip shell from the Crackberry store. I love it, and as for typing - at first it was a bit weird, but like anything I'm totally used to it now. There's something satisfying about flipping over the cover when I'm 'done' doing whatever I do on the phone. Makes a nice 'Snap!' sound... =)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Transform case is fine if you are careful. Waiting for Otter box commuter however...

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Love the flip. Phone stays super-clean. You can also "half-flip" the cover the form a sorta of handle when talking on the phone...looks kinda dorky when you do this...but makes the phone super-easy to use during calls (ie., doesn't feel like you're speaking to dinner plate).
    Thanked by:
    John Pawling (03-22-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by vespesian View Post
    Love the flip. Phone stays super-clean. You can also "half-flip" the cover the form a sorta of handle when talking on the phone...looks kinda dorky when you do this...but makes the phone super-easy to use during calls (ie., doesn't feel like you're speaking to dinner plate).
    Never thought of that. Nice. Thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I just bought the Poetic Atmosphere case today and should have it tomorrow mid morning. I will let you know how it is and post pics ASAP
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have the Incipio dual pro, found it at the Source in downtown Toronto. I like this case because it offers pretty good protection and feel while still not being bulky at all. I switched from the Flip Shell which was just a little too cumbersome for me, though I loved the magnet that shut the screen off automatically.

Z10 Cases-screen-shot-2013-03-05-5.57.57-pm.png
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by parkinfly View Post
    I have the Incipio dual pro, found it at the Source in downtown Toronto. I like this case because it offers pretty good protection and feel while still not being bulky at all. I switched from the Flip Shell which was just a little too cumbersome for me, though I loved the magnet that shut the screen off automatically.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 5.57.57 PM.png 
Views:	1467 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	139366
    That's a pretty cool looking case. I like it
    CrackBerry Genius

That looks really nice. Thanks for the pic! It reminds me of my iPhone 4S with the Otterbox case. But I've read a review where they say the Otterbox comes dicey close to the bezel so sometimes it might interfere with swiping. Have you had any issues with it so far? I'm with a flip shell as well, and really like it, but I'm open...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,955 Global Posts

Yep, that might be the case I get...looks very nice. Of course I have to wait for the US to actually release the Z10, but I'm patient.
    CrackBerry User

The Battle Dress Uniform for all of my beloved BB children has been an Otterbox. Otterbox is costly, so is insurance, but when you need it, the protection it provides is priceless. Ask any man on the battlefield, when under fire, what he would pay for an additional basic load of ammunition for his M16 (210 rounds)...

With that being said. I own an Otterbox for my Z10 that I don't even own yet.

BleedBlk-
    CrackBerry Abuser

I ordered the OtterBox Defender before I even had the Z10. Can't say enough about the protection it offers. I've had Commuters for my last 3 phones so this took some getting used to. It's great for work but the phone looses that wow factor. I ordered an iSkin Vibes a couple weeks ago and use that on the weekends/outside of work and holy sh*t, I'm in love with this phone again. It doesn't offer the protection of the Defender but it's still a great case.

Hopefully more will be available when the phone is released in the US, like an OtterBox Commuter.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I also ordered the Rhino Shield. If that lives up to the hype, bulky cases might be obsolete.

Rhino Shield: The Impact Resistant Screen Protector by Evolutive Labs — Kickstarter

I use the same one. Great case. Not too bulky and feels great in hand. Only thing I don't like about it is the silicone part tends to bunch in the corners, and is a little flimsy above where the charging and HDMI ports are.
    Retired: 8703, 8130, 8330, 9630, 9800, 9900, PlayBook
    Current: Z10, Nexus 5, iPad mini retina, Nexus 7
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry Guy View Post
    I use the same one. Great case. Not too bulky and feels great in hand. Only thing I don't like about it is the silicone part tends to bunch in the corners, and is a little flimsy above where the charging and HDMI ports are.
    If you want less flimsy inner check the case mate tough case.

Posted via CB10