Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Bluetooth cycles off in my 2011 Volvo S40

In the past, I have had the Blackberry 9360, 9700, and 9900 synchronized and recognized through the bluetooth/handsfree phone function in my 2011 Volvo S40. With all three of these phones, I could sit in my car and the phone would automatically synchronize and be ready for use. Since I have acquired the Z10, I have to pare the phone when I sit in my car and once I have done so, the bluetooth disconnects from the car in 30 seconds. The car requests to reconnect to the phone and can be done with a push of a button on the car instrumentation panel, however it cycles out again in 30 seconds. The bluetooth has also cycled out in the middle of a handsfree phone conversation. Reconnecting the phone continuously can obviously be dangerous when driving. I have sent a tweet to Blackberry help, however have not received a suggestion on how to fix the problem. Has anyone else had such a problem and can suggest a fix?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Never had this problem but if have the older BB profiles still saved in your car settings try deleting them all and re-add your z10. I did notice with my BMW I had to delete all previous BB profiles.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have deleted all of the old BB profiles and continue to have the same problem.

Thanks for the response.
  4. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts

I believe someone else was having a similar issue with their Ford and Microsoft Sync not recognizing their new Z10. I believe the solution for their problem was to update the Bluetooth system on their vehicle. Have you tried that? I'm not sure if Bluetooth 4.0 on the Z10 is causing issues with older devices, or if its just a simple update on your vehicles end.
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I may have to contact Volvo and see if they have other costumers with the same concern or if there is an update available. The vehicle is a 2011 and did work on the other BB's.

I appreciate your reply. Thank you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I just got off the phone with my Volvo dealership and they report that there is no new software update for the bluetooth as the car has the latest technology. Further, they have not heard any other complaints with the new phone. They were going to contact me if there were any further complaints.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,056 Global Posts

This could be the blutooth device your using is the issue and not 100% compatible with the Z10?
    New Phone: Iphone 4s, Old Phones: Blackberry Z10, Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sold), Iphone 4 (Used By Family)
    LTE Playbook 32gb (Dec 2012), OS version is 1753.
    On Rogers Service

"When in doubt, buy a laptop"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by xamdam View Post
    This could be the blutooth device your using is the issue and not 100% compatible with the Z10?
    Maybe someone can advise whether the Z10 bluetooth technology has changed from the 9360, 9700, and 9900
  9. tfp
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts

I believe that the 9900 used Bluetooth 2.1 and the Z10 is using Bluetooth 4.0
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    I believe that the 9900 used Bluetooth 2.1 and the Z10 is using Bluetooth 4.0
    The Bluetooth version in my car is 05.08_R. I know little about Bluetooth technology. Maybe someone can interpret this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24F04383

I'm having the same exact problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am experiencing the exact same issue with a 2011 BMW 335Ci. No issues with the older pre BB10 blackberrys, the iphone, or the Galaxy S3.

Has anybody found a resolutin to this issue?
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same issue with the same car, Volvo s40 2011, and it is very disappointing and frustrating.