CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Z10 Bluetooth Autopairing - Will it or won't it?

I'm wondering if the Z10 has a certain Bold OS 7.1 Legacy Issue that I experienced?

I currently have a Bold 9900. When I first got it in April 2012 it auto-paired to the Bluetooth in my 2011 Model Year Vehicle with no problems. However, when the upgrade to the Bold OS 7.1 was installed in June 2012 my BB would no longer auto-pair with my vehicle. I had to manually delete the device and re-pair each time.

After quite a bit of time on the phone with my service provider and RIM technical support (who did try hard to resolve the issue) it was determined that the Bluetooth version in OS 7.1 was not compatable with my vehicles Bluetooth. They told me I had to downgrade to OS 7.0 or get a new car or car stereo. I found other people experiencing similar issues in the BB Forums and no solution.

I don't want to buy a new car or new car stereo each time I upgrade my smartphone.

So, for those of you with the Z10 and integrated Bluetooth Car Stereos is it auto pairing properly or is this a problem?

I'd appreciate any insights.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I have an aftermarket motorola bluetooth in my car and my bold 9900 had no issues with pairing. As soon as i get into the car it would pair flawlessly but the Z10 is giving me some problems. It does pair but it does not work as soon as i get into the car. I have to manually disconnect it and reconnect for it to function properly.

im hoping this issue is resolved in the next update because its quite annoying
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I have the same problem with my new Z10 and my Parrot bluetooth kit in my car. They pair with no problem but they connect whenever they feel like it. It also drops the connection whenever it wants. It has the mind of its own and I never know if I am connected or not. Very frustrating.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yea I got the parrot too, makes things frustrating. Almost like getting a car dock and just using speaker would be my best option.

How could they leave out autoconnect. Again all we are talking about here is software -- I have a server at home that used to be a BES 5 Server and will maybe start up a MANTIS bug tracker and have it posted on the main pages of a few blogs. That way we could all get together and start a thread with actually wish list implimentations assuring only the 'easy stuff' doesn't get done just to make 'us' happy. The second GEN of this OS has to be solid and loved for the Aristo to compete with S4, etc etc.

My 2 cents
    CrackBerry Abuser

Mine auto-connects fine in my car (Terminology; pairing is the first time connect when the password is used). Check your Bluetooth options; there's a setting to connect to the last device used when turned on. That might be affecting your auto-connecting.
    CrackBerry User

My z10 paired perfectly with Ford Sync, and connects now every time the car is started up with no issue.
    Thanked by:
    Boight (02-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have to manually connect, or it doesn't connect half the time. My 9810 connected fine. it says 'paired' but not connected.

I think the problem it thats its not actively scanning and trying to connect or soemthing... I dont know. I've been trying things here and there to see what helps

Mines a KCE-400BT with a CDA-105 - Alpine
    CrackBerry User

mine paired fine from start to everytime....Acura TL
    CrackBerry Abuser

So mines good now

I repaired and reset. What's with the volume lock?

Any way to adjust this. It's extremely quiet.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

It was a quiet MP3, its all good now

The bluetooth has improved, with the voice dial feature working also, the check mark fixed all
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Z10 in the car

I have a 2011 Saab 9-5. The call works okay if initiated from the phone but not if initiated by the car. it appears that comms are one way only. the calla are dropping off. as ai do a lot of miles i am afraid its bye bye to the z10.
    CrackBerry User

Blue tooth connects fine in my 2012 Ford focus but blue tooth audio is choppy?!?! Didn't have this problem and my S3.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

No issue connecting to my 2009 Mazda 6 built-in Bluetooth radio and my BlueAnt N15417 hands-free. It connects after a few seconds I starts my Mazda 6 and a few second after turning on my BlueAnt (if you're wondering, the BlueAnt is for my other car). Same thing for the BlackBerry speaker I bought earlier today. A few seconds after I turn it on (prefer its on/off switch than the 7 seconds I have to leave my finger on the green button of my BlueAnt to turn it off!), it connects to my phone. It also has a visor clip for those interesting at using it as a hands-free.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_skypilot View Post
    Blue tooth connects fine in my 2012 Ford focus but blue tooth audio is choppy?!?! Didn't have this problem and my S3.
    That sucks. I'm not experiencing that problem in my Mazda 6. Sound comes out loud and clear.

BTW, I played a YouTube video on my phone and I had the sound going through the car's speakers (was just listening, not watching!). That was unexpected
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Default Re: Z10 Bluetooth Autopairing - Will it or won't it?

Thanks for all the replys folks. I've decided I am getting the Q10 on it's release here in Canada so based on your responses I think I can expect better Auto-Bluetooth pairing than with my 9900. I can't wait for the Q10.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

i have a parrrot mki 9200 and it auto connects every time. i did delete all the old pairings from the parrot
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

one more thought. set the phone to always trust the bluetooth device you are pairing
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Z10 Bluetooth Autopairing - Will it or won't it?

My Z10 pairs perfectly with my Lexus IS250.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Yes it will

Hi, yesterday I install the Firmware. 10.1.0.2312. On my BB Z10.
    And I try the bluetooth with my car, Insignia Model 2009, with DVD800.
    All is ok, I can call, I see the contacts.
    Try it.
    Good luck
    Thierry from France
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    You gotta ask nicely...

I was having the pairing issue with my 2012 Toyota. I would have to delete the phone from the car and vice versa all the time I loaded. 2354 and my phone has been pairing to the car flawlessly.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    Former owner of a 9530, 9550 & 9930.Proud owner of a 32gb Playbook. Rocking the Z10! | BBM Channel: C000534C0 | @MusingsFrmtheFS | Yes, I am on VZW.