Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Waterproof case for Z10

Hi,just wanna share about otterbox waterproof blackberry Z10.
    http://m.otterbox.com/on/demandware....how/C912088656

Anyone has other opinion?
    Im still waiting n hoping that lifeproof would make case for Z10 too.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,269 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

I didn't find any on the Site for the z10. Nut I do hope lifeproof makes one. The otternox water proof one seems like it would be too bulky. I'm a pool guys so handing a nice thin, waterproof case like a lifeproof would be nice
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Waterproof case for Z10

nice! Sounds sweet although the link doesn't have any specific product on our for me and my android
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry User

I asked (through their website) both Otterbox and Lifeproof if they intended to release a waterproof case for the Z10 and they both answered me that there is none planned at this time...

We can only hope that the Z10 will be a hit in the USA so that they might re-consider.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I too would love a proper waterproof case for my Z10. I recently went to the Caribbean a couple of weeks ago with what was at the time, my brand spanking new Z10 (great phone to bring on vacation by the way, used it to capture all photo and video memories -- didn't even touch my regular camera or camcorder). I have an Overboard waterproof case which I used to use with my 9900 (it's basically a glorified ziplock bag). It did the trick... until i would try to pry the Z10 out of the case. The vacuum effect that was created once the phone was sealed in the bag was so intense, that when I tried to pull the phone out at in the evening, it peeled off my screen protector!

I've seen the Lifeproof iphone cases in ads and in stores and am really jealous that they haven't branched out to other smartphone manufacturers yet (I'm suprised even the Samsungs haven't gotten any love). Don't they realize that the world doesn't run on Apple exclusively?!? I emailed them as well to inquire about their product road map, asking specifically about the Z10. Their response was a generic:

"I do not have any information in regard to a Blackberry Z10 case as of yet. However, we are very much involved with making cases for many other products and I anticipate we will be releasing one soon. If you would like, you can follow us on Twitter or “like” us on Facebook to keep up with our upcoming products."

Interesting since it contradicts the "there is none planned at this time" response that Jr_660 got. I'm hoping that once the US launch hits, the response is so overwhelming that all 3rd party vendors will have to start paying attention to BB products. Until then, I wouldn't bet my mortgage on Lifeproof making a case for the Z10 anytime soon.

Another alternative that I discovered is this new Liquipel technology: Liquipel.com

This stuff looks amazing! And they seem to have a more expanded offering in terms of phone support. No BBs of any kind yet, but I emailed them as well to inquire about Z10 support. No response as of yet. The only drawback to this solution is you have to send your phone to them so that they can waterproof it which means 1-2 weeks sans phone.

But once it's done, you would have the ultimate solution! A waterproof phone that you can carry around naked with no case! I would totally love something like this for everyday use, and then for vacations where there's the potential for tough and tumbling with sand and dust, slap a Lifeproof on it!
    CrackBerry User

I work as an engineer at a firm that does water and wastewater treatment plant upgrades. I attached a picture so you get the idea of where I'm going with this - please note the life ring in the distance...
    Waterproof case for Z10-wwtpfondue.jpg

Sadly I often have to respond to messages, call a colleague, or use my phone's camera to take site pictures while out there. Usually this is while standing over open grating that my phone could easily slip through. I would buy a lifeproof and the flotation jacket they sell in a minute if they had one for the Z10 I will get this month. The jacket is great... no matter how waterproof the case is, I'm not about to go in after it when these tanks are up to 15 feet deep.

I sent them an e-mail to this effect. Hope they make one...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Lmao if my phone fell into one of the tanks that looked like that picture even if it had a flotation device I would probably still write the phone off as a loss

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Until something better comes along this looks like an option...at least on the waterproof side.

Waterproof Smartphone Case - Waterproof Phone Case - Waterproof Smart Phone Case | OverBoard

Randy
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Waterproof cases are really great. I am using one for my iPhone. Have a look to this.

I'm going to buy this iPhone case from REI (Really Expensive Items). REI members get a 20% discount starting Friday.

The naked Z10 fits a little snugly in it, but it doesn't take too much effort to get it out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have contacted Otter Box about additional cases, as well as a waterproof model and was informed that there is currently nothing in devo. Btw... as of last week, Otter Box now owns Life Proof.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtflyfisher1 View Post
    I have contacted Otter Box about additional cases, as well as a waterproof model and was informed that there is currently nothing in devo. Btw... as of last week, Otter Box now owns Life Proof.
    Wait what? OB has purchased LifeProof?

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,758 Global Posts
    PIN
    3258B6B8

Yea... Lookin forward to good things on a broader scale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?"
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    PIN
    281516BE

i also am in the search for another type of case, especially the Lunatik Taktik
    i emailed them and they promptly responded saying their focus is primarily on iPhone series, however they would let the team know about the interest in a z10 line... who knows
    7100t-> 8700g-> 8800-> 8310-> 9000-> 9500-> 9800-> 9900-> Z10-> Z30
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by arieltf View Post
    I'm going to buy this iPhone case from REI (Really Expensive Items). REI members get a 20% discount starting Friday.

The naked Z10 fits a little snugly in it, but it doesn't take too much effort to get it out.
    Are you satisfied? I'm looking for an affordable alternative for my holiday!