Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: My Otter Box Defender first impressions

Anyone get pics of the white clad with the otterbox?
    Moto Rokr E1 > Moto SLVR > Pantech Duo > HTC G1 > Blackberry Bold 9700 > Bold 9900 > HTC G2 & BB 9000 > Z10 > Q10 > Z30 > Passport!
    Tmobile USA - Prepaid $30 per month! (100 min, 5GB at 4G/LTE, unlmtd sms) + VoIP
    Don't Panic
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Luchia View Post
    Where did you manage to find the Defender? I thought Otterbox was saying they weren't shipping until the 9th?

Mike
    The Source here in Toronto already is selling them. Some Rogers stores & Future shops are selling them as well.
    CrackBerry Founder

Global Posts
    3,700 Global Posts
    PIN
    It's complicated...

OtterBox Defender for the Z10 available in CrackBerry Canada store (and will be in US store too).

Updated the first post so it's quicker to find a link online with it.

Going to have a review up of it on the blogs in the next couple of days. Overall, GOOD CASE. If you beat up your phone, you need it.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Thanked by:
    austriker (02-10-2013) 
    Resident CrackBerry Wizard

Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    OtterBox Defender for the Z10 available in CrackBerry Canada store (and will be in US store too).

Updated the first post so it's quicker to find a link online with it.

Going to have a review up of it on the blogs in the next couple of days. Overall, GOOD CASE. If you beat up your phone, you need it.
    Kevin, what's your opinion of the Incipio OVRMLD compared to the Otterbox Defender?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    902 Global Posts

Hmm if Kevin is saying its a good case, then i should return the BlackBerry Swivel Holster for the OtterBox Defender?. Hmm still thinking about it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I swapped my Defender for some generic case from the mall (for now.) Couldn't stand how difficult doing gestures was, and I don't like the screen protector on it, as it's not flush with the screen.

Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Travisx2112 View Post
    I swapped my Defender for some generic case from the mall (for now.) Couldn't stand how difficult doing gestures was, and I don't like the screen protector on it, as it's not flush with the screen.
    I don't like cases with built-in screen protectors. Yuck.

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CJH_ View Post
    I don't like cases with built-in screen protectors. Yuck.

The case I have for my iPod Touch is great, and has a screen protector built in. I prefer typing on the actual glass of the Z10 though. And man that swiping from the bottom was so annoying with the Defender on.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    841 Global Posts

Default My Otter Box Defender first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by organized_mayhem View Post
    Apparently processing started back up early. Mine shipped 2 days ago with delivery being next week.

Mine did too. Just need something to put in it now.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    841 Global Posts

Default My Otter Box Defender first impressions

I want the Otter Box to keep my Z10 pristine for resale. As soon as BB10 slider comes out, Z10 going on eBay.
    http://www.907outdoors.com

Current: AT&T Z10. Past: 9800, 9700, 8100, 7130
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts

Apparently there is a problem with the case, a representative at telus confirmed this. My dad picked up the defender case and complained he wasnt able to "swipe up" the device to close an app. I didnt have the case and i always told him he was crazy. Once i actually got the device in my hands there is a small oversight, the blackberry logo and name is fully covered by protection. This makes it next to impossible to swipe up and close something. You would need to dig your fingers deep to try and reach the blackberry logo and try to swipe up.

We are returning ours until its addressed, here is what they should have done with the front:

http://cdn-store.crackberry.com/imag...g?v=1359724373

Casemate has it right, but this is just one impression. Take my review as is
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I hope they quickly fix design flaw.

In most cases swiping for the bottom works but in many of the apps it requires very careful action and sometimes several tries. The side bezel swipes are very difficult, try exiting camera mode when using camera in horizontal mode, not easy. The sleep mode the should happen when you holster the z10 doesn't work at all -the space between the screen and the magnet is too much - it works if you flip the phone and turn it 180 Deg but than the screen is not protected and phone would fall out of the holster. I hope Otter box quickly fixes these issues before the big USA launch . This case could be perfect I hope they fix it quick.
    CrackBerry User

Ordered my otterbox case a week before the Z10 came out. They have had a great track record for every phone I have had, and playbook. Have had no problems with the soft rubber skin coming off, unlike the setup for my 9900. It sort of looks like the other rectangular phones out there, but what can you do. Already saved my phone three or four times from dropping from height, and abuse from on the job. No problem with gesture either, just getting used to the phone. Mind you, I have not tried all features/activities with phone. Belt clip seems a little flimsily, and for some reason the volume somehow gets turned down well holstered.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2B2790D7 Z30

Quote Originally Posted by Josh S1 View Post
    Ordered my otterbox case a week before the Z10 came out. They have had a great track record for every phone I have had, and playbook. Have had no problems with the soft rubber skin coming off, unlike the setup for my 9900. It sort of looks like the other rectangular phones out there, but what can you do. Already saved my phone three or four times from dropping from height, and abuse from on the job. No problem with gesture either, just getting used to the phone. Mind you, I have not tried all features/activities with phone. Belt clip seems a little flimsily, and for some reason the volume somehow gets turned down well holstered.
    Try removing the screen protector and putting on Ghost Armour. Works perfectly every time on all gestures.

Mike
    Banned

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_h View Post
    Here are the pics, i made them really special for you guys....

Attachment 134619

Attachment 134620

Attachment 134621

Attachment 134622

Attachment 134623
    that's so BOSS!!
    CrackBerry User

Like a few of you said, swiping from the bottom is really agravating... You get somewhat used to it but it's a real trade off between ease of use and protection. It's too bad, the OtterBox for the PlayBook is simply amazing. Quite frankly I bought this case based on my experience with the PlayBook case, the IPod gen 3 case, my old BB 8830 case and the excellent customer service I had with the Torch case (they sent me a new screen bezel protector everytime I dropped my Torch...) It's just too bad they didn't make the bottom of the screen more similar to the top, it would have made the swipes so much easier with the added bonus of showcasing the BlackBerry branding... Since I'm talking about branding, they could also had included a cut-out on the back for the BB logo on the battery door like they do with Apple products.

I inquired with OtterBox (through their website) about their plan for an Armor serie case for the Z10. From their answer, I would not hold my breath on that... It's too bad, there is no solution right now for a truly waterproof case like the LifeProof's for IPhone. Aloksak, SealLine or similar bag for the multitude of us playing near water or snow I guess...

All in all, I'll probably keep the OtterBox for when I need more protection, but I already got a cheap silicon sleave on the way for day to day use and just ordered the Ballistic SG from Crackberry. Time will tell which one will spend more time on my precious Z10!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    2B2790D7 Z30

Quote Originally Posted by Jr_660 View Post
    Like a few of you said, swiping from the bottom is really agravating... You get somewhat used to it but it's a real trade off between ease of use and protection. It's too bad, the OtterBox for the PlayBook is simply amazing. Quite frankly I bought this case based on my experience with the PlayBook case, the IPod gen 3 case, my old BB 8830 case and the excellent customer service I had with the Torch case (they sent me a new screen bezel protector everytime I dropped my Torch...) It's just too bad they didn't make the bottom of the screen more similar to the top, it would have made the swipes so much easier with the added bonus of showcasing the BlackBerry branding... Since I'm talking about branding, they could also had included a cut-out on the back for the BB logo on the battery door like they do with Apple products.

I inquired with OtterBox (through their website) about their plan for an Armor serie case for the Z10. From their answer, I would not hold my breath on that... It's too bad, there is no solution right now for a truly waterproof case like the LifeProof's for IPhone. Aloksak, SealLine or similar bag for the multitude of us playing near water or snow I guess...

All in all, I'll probably keep the OtterBox for when I need more protection, but I already got a cheap silicon sleave on the way for day to day use and just ordered the Ballistic SG from Crackberry. Time will tell which one will spend more time on my precious Z10!!!
    I really encourage anyone with the Defender having problems with gestures, remove the screen cover and replace with a proper screen protector, you will be amazed at the difference. I love this case now that I've done this and no problems with gestures at all.

Mike
    Thanked by:
    Pete The Penguin (02-14-2013) 
    austriker likes this.

Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts

I ordered the Incipio OVRMLD, even though it doesn't have port covers. Would love an Otterbox Armour case...
    CrackBerry User

I removed the screen protector on my OtterBox Defender as it was making swiping near impossible. All good now.
    Currently Using a Z10, 9810 and 9800 on Rogers.
    Curve 8300 - Very Banged Up Still working!
    Blue 7290 -Good Dents Still working!
    Yes I hate Rogers, can you tell! Customer since 91 and treated like crap.
    Started with portable bag phone, moved up to Motorola brick, then 3 flips.
    A few Nokia's as well.
    Cheers

Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robotpete View Post
    I removed the screen protector on my OtterBox Defender as it was making swiping near impossible. All good now.
    How easy is it to remove?
    CrackBerry User

I just pushed around the edges until the tape let go and released the screen protector.
    A few Nokia's as well.
    Cheers
    Thanked by:
    semperfi45 (02-18-2013) 

Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts

I just pushed around the edges until the tape let go and released the screen protector.
    I'm now tempted to cancel my OVRMLD and order a Defender.
    How are the gestures working?
    CrackBerry User

Everything works great again once you remove the screen protector!
    A few Nokia's as well.
    Cheers
    Thanked by:
    Pete The Penguin (02-14-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Haven't tried that yet. Thanks.

Global Posts
    16,352 Global Posts

I've ordered a Defender, once you take off the screen protector, do you get residue?

Posted via CB10
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast