Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Maybe its just my budget and everyone else i know isn't high enough compare to you guys ...
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Aljean Thein View Post
    I'm all about the sounds, that's why i keep buying these headphones whenever i lose mine or my dog keeps eating it *sigh* ... and its just not me, all my workers love the headphones, thye dont just sound great but they also fit in your ears perfectly. Completely comfortable and affordable.
    What are they/ I would be willing to try them out for $15 bucks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default The Headphones... ?

what's the point of supporting flac, and not giving good earphones...always been a mystery to me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Its sony brand. I believe its called Sony MDR-ED12LP Budstyle Headphones. You can buy them in any store
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by sydsam View Post
    what's the point of supporting flac, and not giving good earphones...always been a mystery to me.

Good point. Maybe decent headphones will be one of the surprises mentioned at launch. Not holding my breath though lol.
    CrackBerry Genius

Because those that plan on taking full advantage of lossless codecs wouldn't even bother with any stock headphones, no matter how much RIM invests in theirs. They most likely have their own set of headphones or in-ear monitors.
    Blatant placeholder signature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: The Headphones... ?

Well, it depends on what you view as good sound. Bose has very good direct marketing but generally speaking, from an audiophile perspective Bose are not looked upon as anything but mediocre in terms of sound quality. good noice cancelling circuitry, I use a set when at home when mowing the lawn etc. but they are not known for good sound. Funny, people will spend hundreds of dollars on a phone but not spen money on good headphones. Those plastic speaker thingys that one spends $100 or more on are pretty crappy but for most they do the job cause they dont know any different.... and they don't care.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,628 Global Posts

I guess theres a multitude of different opinions when it comes to which brand offers the INDIVIDUAL the BEST sound quality. I'm not going to comment on the negative responses towards any brand, but I do wish that the BB10 comes with a quality set of earphones to match the quality of the phone.

Edit; BOSE might not be the BEST, but it would be a great marketing tool..........IMO
    rottonj likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Beats are horrible?? That's the first time i ever heard that. They are indeed overpriced, but the sound quality are top notched. If only they have sweet wireless bluetooth headphones that are good price,
    I would totally buy them while working out.
    Beats are not for everyone. As the name says, you will love them if you only want to hear beats. mmphhh, mmphhh, mmphhh.
    Terrible if you're listening to any sort of music that you actually want to hear the words to. Bass is very high, and treble is very low. Also terrible for running because the cable is heavy and they keep falling out of my ears.

Yes, they are horrible and overpriced.

I personally don't care for the earphones that come with the phones. I've got my own pair of Sony earphones.
    I'd rather RIM save the money and not even include a pair of earphones. It's one of the things that won't make or break a phone purchase unless the phone was marketed specifically as a mp3 phone. And I'd say for someone trying to decided between a BB10 phone vs Other phone, the last thing they'll be worried about is the earphones.

And also, stop calling them headphones! Headphones are over your head. Earphones are in your ear. AFAIK, no one ever includes headphones as an accessory for a phone! :P.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

The new "Earpod" ones are what Berinry is talking about.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Beats are horrible?? That's the first time i ever heard that. They are indeed overpriced, but the sound quality are top notched. If only they have sweet wireless bluetooth headphones that are good price,
    I would totally buy them while working out.
    They're decent if you're willing to pay for the higher end ones, in which case you could get a much better pair at the same price.
    CrackBerry User

Honestly, for someone that loves music as much as me, I really dont believe in spending a **** load of cash on ear/headphones (I save that for home/car speaker systems), I have Skullcandies (ink'd edition) and they provide great sound qualty I find, the BEST? of course not but for their price they are definitely one of the most effiective, love these things.
    wtrmlnjuc likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    20EB1810

Quote Originally Posted by DarioBB92 View Post
    Honestly, for someone that loves music as much as me, I really dont believe in spending a **** load of cash on ear/headphones (I save that for home/car speaker systems), I have Skullcandies (ink'd edition) and they provide great sound quality I find, the BEST? of course not but for their price they are definitely one of the most effiective, love these things.
    Yeah, I have a Skullcandy Ink'd set, which replaced my former skullcandy set that I had since 2009. Are they epic audiophile quality? No. But they cost me 20 and give a good listening experience, are comfortable to me etc, and if/when I lose or damage them I won't be have lost 100 or more, and headphones are real easy to damage or lose.

I get that some of you guys are crazy about sound quality, but thats not even close to what this thread is about. The sound quality of stock headphones is going to sound 'wrong' to anyone who cares a lot about sound, and since all you guys have your own headphones already, why do you care what comes in the box? No matter what RIM isn't going to have somehow found the cheat-codes to give you $100 sound from a $6 pair of cans.

As for the rest of us in the unwashed masses, the important thing is comfort. The difference between one brand of headphones and another isn't obvious nor is it worth thinking too hard about. The question is can you comfortably wear the headphones for eight hours at a time?
    Thanked by:
    DarioBB92 (01-25-2013) 
    DarioBB92 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

The simple fact of the matter is that if people are not fussy then including more expensive headphones in the box just pushes up the price for no benefit since they will never be good enough for people with taste or would be more expensive than needed for those who didn't care. The only priorities for the included headphones should be that they are cheap, comfortable and functional.

Since people are throwing out names for better headphones, if you look past shure then you should think again.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Masahiro View Post
    Because those that plan on taking full advantage of lossless codecs wouldn't even bother with any stock headphones, no matter how much RIM invests in theirs. They most likely have their own set of headphones or in-ear monitors.
    Exactly, if you care about audio quality then the free headphones wouldn't even leave the box.
    pillswoj likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

im currently using NuForce NE-700M, i think they're pretty nice (there's also the 700X-version, but this one doesn't have a microphone, so i bought the M-version)
    unfortunately.. after about 8 months they stopped working (like 2 weeks ago), i'll send them back and i will either get a refund or the new and better 700M-version which will be available sometime this month

i hate the headphone cable/cords though...it's so annoying
    beats headphones obviously are pretty bad, but there's one thing which is pretty decent about them: the cable - it doesn't annoy the **** out of you.... on the other hand: it's pretty heavy too, which sucks.

i wish there were GOOD in-ears with beats-like cable/cords, but at the same time the cable had to be light so they won't fall out every 10 seconds or hurt
    any suggestions????

oh and btw:
    i intended to stay away from over-ears, but i think i might give them a try now, obviously not going to be beats
    anyone have any suggestions? should not have a very long cable, since i intend to use them outside as well (so maybe a coiled-cable?)
    + maybe a little microphone positioned at the cable? (not talking about a gaming-headset)
    im told the ath-m50 are pretty good, but they don't have a microhpone (if im correct)
    any suggestions?
    (not 100% sure if i actually want a microphone for my over-ears)
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you really are interested in sound quality though, always best to buy a better name headphone.
    Last edited by djdnz; 01-25-2013 at 04:59 AM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: The Headphones... ?

Quote Originally Posted by djdnz View Post

If you really are interested in sound quality though, always best to buy a better name headphone.
    I totally agree. I don't even bother using earbuds. I rock the Bose headphones for both working out and at work. Once you experience good quality headphones, you'll never settle for iBuds or whatever BlackBerry comes out with.
    Not a hippy, but I do appreciate peace, love, and happiness.
    spencerdl likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I guess yall haven't heard the new ear bugs from Samsung they are amazing and stocked.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Berinry View Post
    Ok so there has been lots and lots of talk about the phones themselves right. But what about the headphones?

the iPhone five totally revamped their head sets, and they are AWESOME.
    but I remember all too well from my curve 9360 the head phones were horrifically Uncomfortable..

I just want to know if you guys think blackberry will pay attention to the headphones just as much as they are to the phone.
    or will they slap in a cheap crappy pair like they always do.. -.-
    Kevin mentioned in the video where he shows what's in his bag at CES, that the BlackBerry10 earphones are better than the new Apple earpods. Take it for what it's worth since we haven't seen anything yet, but I'm pretty sure Kevin knows what he's talking about lol. You can check out the video for yourself. Just jump to the 3:10 mark.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,756 Global Posts

These headphone came with one of my devices.
    The Headphones... ?-4255.jpg
    They are 1000x better than the revamped iPhone headsets imo...
    Have I really been here for three years?
    spencerdl likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,983 Global Posts

My $20 Skull Candy headphones that I bought from Radio Shack will plug into this phone just fine and sound great to me. I don't care if RIM puts headphones in at all because I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people don't make their smartphone buying decisions based on the headphones supplied with the phone.
    spencerdl likes this.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    33056FCD: 501041AD

I will just keep on using my Motorola S10-hd's they work fine for me and don't really care what earphones or earbuds they come with my main concern is a holster, but that is another discussion and thread.
    Team Blackberry Rocks!
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    ask me

Quote Originally Posted by r0v3rT3N View Post
    These headphone came with one of my devices.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4255.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	132460
    They are 1000x better than the revamped iPhone headsets imo...
    What device did they come with?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,363 Global Posts

in actual fact I liked the sound one of their BB's produced through it's speakers, if you put your hands close to them you would high the ranges including the base, the reset of their devices sounded tiny. I am surprised that RIM didn't continue building phones with amazing speakers.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast