- CrackBerry User
- 52 Posts
I am debating between getting a hard shell case or ghost armor carbon fiber, but I'm not sure what the ghost armor will look like on the Z10. It also seems kind of pointless to put it on the back of the Z10... and maybe even impossible because of its material? Anyways if anyone has put ghost armor on their Z10 pictures would be awesome!
- 02-18-13, 11:01 PM #2
Last edited by ktrehan; 02-22-13 at 08:57 AM.
- 02-19-13, 01:58 PM #6
I'm a naked phone guy, this would be better then a case if I wanted to put anything on it, but I still think it cheapens the look of such a hot device a little.. leaving mine o'naturel.. I do want a ghost armour screen protector tho.. just waiting for my local kiosk to get the pattern in.
- 02-20-13, 09:46 PM #11
Stopped by a ghost armor kiosk today and got a screen protector installed.. they did a great job, can't even see it. But I find it feels a little tacky.. like my fingers don't glide across the screen as well.. Does that pass after a couple days?
Posted via CB10
- 02-22-13, 08:55 AM #14
- 02-22-13, 10:07 AM #15What moves you
Make sure to check out http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-android-apps/ for all your Blackberry Z10 and Playbook sideloaded apps.
- 02-22-13, 02:23 PM #16
- 03-03-13, 03:49 AM #17
i would want to get the screen protector to get rid of the finger prints. i hear the z10 test units got really mucky with finger grease and all. if its anything like the playbook it will be a super magnet to fingerprints. this is why I'm hoping the ghost armor screen protector prevents it
- 03-03-13, 09:25 AM #18
It's been nearly 24 hours since I got the GA screen protector and I have to say, it is a HUGE improvement to the previous screen protector I had, the iShieldz (although that could be because I installed the iSheildz myself!). Noticeable differences between the two are:
1. GA is a better fit. It's wider than the iS although doesn't quite cover the entire screen so that it's flush to the edge. The iS had a noticeable lip that was a major lint and dust magnet
2. GA has more accurate cutouts for the light sensor, front camera and LED light. iS only had the cutout for the front camera
3. GA feels much less "tacky" than the iS. But there is *some* feeling there. Won't match the absolute smoothness of the naked screen
4. GA appears MUCH clearer than the iS (hoping this isn't a placebo effect of my justifying buying a new screen protector!)
Overall, I'm really happy with my GA screen protector and I would recommend any Z10 owners who want to keep their phones naked but are terrified of keys scratching up the screen to get one. And if you live by a mall that has a kiosk, ante up the extra $5 to have the workers there do it for you. If only to watch how quickly they apply it!
- 03-04-13, 12:53 AM #19
- 03-04-13, 01:03 AM #21
Re: Ghost Armor
question about the iShieldz... I've been contemplating getting Ghost Armor as there's a kiosk at the mall near my house. Can I just peel the iShield off? or is there some trick to avoid damaging the screen? I tried googling this but haven't come across an answer yet
- 03-04-13, 12:25 PM #23
- CrackBerry User
03-05-13, 02:16 PM #25
- 30 Posts
Went to my local mall kiosk today to get the screen protector done. He said he was out of the Z10 pattern but could custom cut me one out of a blank sheet. Needless to say its a pretty HACK job. I worked for years with vinyl graphics (similar films) and would never give out a product that looked like this. The cutouts around the camera, led, and sensor are jagged and crooked, and look awefull. I didn't really notice at first as the whole screen had that initial HAZE to it but as that has cleared its very obvious. I'll be taking it back to be re-done, hopefully with the proper pattern.
- By Tumaz04 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 273Last Post: 10-13-09, 09:07 AM
- By BBslim in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 20Last Post: 12-19-08, 08:27 AM
- By Tumaz04 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-08, 10:36 PM
- By Tumaz04 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 5Last Post: 11-15-08, 10:13 AM
- By Tumaz04 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 11-14-08, 09:02 AM