Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Ghost Armor

I am debating between getting a hard shell case or ghost armor carbon fiber, but I'm not sure what the ghost armor will look like on the Z10. It also seems kind of pointless to put it on the back of the Z10... and maybe even impossible because of its material? Anyways if anyone has put ghost armor on their Z10 pictures would be awesome!
    CrackBerry User

Just got ghost armor for my Z10! They can't do the clear/matte finish for the back as it wont stick to the "rubber" battery cover so the only full body option is the carbon finish. I think it looks really good but judge for yourself! Attached some pics... Hope this helps
    Ghost Armor-cimg1718.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1719.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1721.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1723.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1724.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1728.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1729.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1731.jpg
    Ghost Armor-cimg1733.jpg
    Last edited by ktrehan; 02-22-2013 at 09:57 AM.
    CrackFachry and enesberry like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

looks sweet! forget the oreo! That is my new favorite!

CB10 App, Z10
    ktrehan likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

What color did you get in the pics above? Gunmetal gray or black?
    CrackBerry Genius

very cool,,, but i see the corners are unprotected tho...
    "THE GUY YOUR MOTHER WARNED YOU ABOUT !!!"

I'M ON MY OWN IGNORE LIST===

"By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes."

Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Quote Originally Posted by SEAWARRIOR View Post
    very cool,,, but i see the corners are unprotected tho...
    +1 those little uncovered corners are where it's going to take the first hit!

I'm a naked phone guy, this would be better then a case if I wanted to put anything on it, but I still think it cheapens the look of such a hot device a little.. leaving mine o'naturel.. I do want a ghost armour screen protector tho.. just waiting for my local kiosk to get the pattern in.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.1418/misc) and everything in between + Playbook 32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

If anyone knows of a protector like this that covers the corners, I would like to know about it.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    What color did you get in the pics above? Gunmetal gray or black?
    Black!
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by just_luc View Post
    +1 those little uncovered corners are where it's going to take the first hit!

I'm a naked phone guy, this would be better then a case if I wanted to put anything on it, but I still think it cheapens the look of such a hot device a little.. leaving mine o'naturel.. I do want a ghost armour screen protector tho.. just waiting for my local kiosk to get the pattern in.
    I agree, it sucks that the corners aren't covered but I have the Blackberry Pocket as well so hopefully I only ever drop it while its in that (knock on wood) lol
    CrackBerry Addict

I ordered green carbon fiber for my white Z10, I'm just waiting for it to arrive....

Posted via CB10

Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Stopped by a ghost armor kiosk today and got a screen protector installed.. they did a great job, can't even see it. But I find it feels a little tacky.. like my fingers don't glide across the screen as well.. Does that pass after a couple days?

Posted via CB10

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.1418/misc) and everything in between + Playbook 32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition
    CrackBerry Genius

I still can't get this in Vancouver...apparently their shipment has been held up at the border for several weeks now...makes me think if they are shipping something else with their screen protectors...
    HKain7 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Oh my god it looks amazing... I already have a brushed aluminum case mate... but that looks so nice and doesnt add bulk.. thinking about it.
    ktrehan likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Stopped by a ghost armor kiosk today and got a screen protector installed.. they did a great job, can't even see it. But I find it feels a little tacky.. like my fingers don't glide across the screen as well.. Does that pass after a couple days?

Posted via CB10
    Hmm it doesn't feel as smooth as it was without the screen protector but I don't seem to have any issues with it being difficult to slide my fingers and perform gestures... hopefully its just for the first 24-48 hours until it sets...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    766 Global Posts
    PIN
    Z10 - 24F04175

Default Re: Ghost Armor

Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    I still can't get this in Vancouver...apparently their shipment has been held up at the border for several weeks now...makes me think if they are shipping something else with their screen protectors...
    inside the package is a small squirt bottle and a rubber squeegee not sure what would hold up shipping
    What moves you

Make sure to check out http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook...-android-apps/ for all your Blackberry Z10 and Playbook sideloaded apps.

Global Posts
    3,540 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Quote Originally Posted by ktrehan View Post
    Hmm it doesn't feel as smooth as it was without the screen protector but I don't seem to have any issues with it being difficult to slide my fingers and perform gestures... hopefully its just for the first 24-48 hours until it sets...
    It's definitely much better now that's its been a few days.

Posted via CB10

Thanked by:
    Eric Shapiro (03-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts

i would want to get the screen protector to get rid of the finger prints. i hear the z10 test units got really mucky with finger grease and all. if its anything like the playbook it will be a super magnet to fingerprints. this is why I'm hoping the ghost armor screen protector prevents it
    Thanked by:
    Kman13 (03-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

Posted via CB10
    I got a Ghost Armor screen protector installed from a mall kiosk yesterday as well. They also did a great job... so unbelievably fast! I've applied screen protectors myself in the past to my Playbook, 9900, 9780, etc... and it always takes me forever to squeegee out the bubbles (with a Herculean effort!). The guy at the kiosk did it within 4-5 quick swipes!

It's been nearly 24 hours since I got the GA screen protector and I have to say, it is a HUGE improvement to the previous screen protector I had, the iShieldz (although that could be because I installed the iSheildz myself!). Noticeable differences between the two are:

1. GA is a better fit. It's wider than the iS although doesn't quite cover the entire screen so that it's flush to the edge. The iS had a noticeable lip that was a major lint and dust magnet
    2. GA has more accurate cutouts for the light sensor, front camera and LED light. iS only had the cutout for the front camera
    3. GA feels much less "tacky" than the iS. But there is *some* feeling there. Won't match the absolute smoothness of the naked screen
    4. GA appears MUCH clearer than the iS (hoping this isn't a placebo effect of my justifying buying a new screen protector!)

Overall, I'm really happy with my GA screen protector and I would recommend any Z10 owners who want to keep their phones naked but are terrified of keys scratching up the screen to get one. And if you live by a mall that has a kiosk, ante up the extra $5 to have the workers there do it for you. If only to watch how quickly they apply it!
    Thanked by:
    Eric Shapiro (03-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by kidkamel View Post
    inside the package is a small squirt bottle and a rubber squeegee not sure what would hold up shipping
    It was a joke lol, that is my point as well...there is nothing in there so what is the holdup. Anyway, I ordered my own off of their website, got the shipment in 3 days, applied everything myself. I have to say that the pics here do not do justice to how good the black carbon fiber looks. Yeah the back loses that soft feel of the rubber but the device overall grips and holds better, and it looks sleek. It also aesthetically perfectly matches and still fits into the BB sleeve which is a huge bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by danfrancisco View Post
    I got a Ghost Armor screen protector installed from a mall kiosk yesterday as well. They also did a great job... so unbelievably fast! I've applied screen protectors myself in the past to my Playbook, 9900, 9780, etc... and it always takes me forever to squeegee out the bubbles (with a Herculean effort!). The guy at the kiosk did it within 4-5 quick swipes!

It's been nearly 24 hours since I got the GA screen protector and I have to say, it is a HUGE improvement to the previous screen protector I had, the iShieldz (although that could be because I installed the iSheildz myself!). Noticeable differences between the two are:

1. GA is a better fit. It's wider than the iS although doesn't quite cover the entire screen so that it's flush to the edge. The iS had a noticeable lip that was a major lint and dust magnet
    2. GA has more accurate cutouts for the light sensor, front camera and LED light. iS only had the cutout for the front camera
    3. GA feels much less "tacky" than the iS. But there is *some* feeling there. Won't match the absolute smoothness of the naked screen
    4. GA appears MUCH clearer than the iS (hoping this isn't a placebo effect of my justifying buying a new screen protector!)

Overall, I'm really happy with my GA screen protector and I would recommend any Z10 owners who want to keep their phones naked but are terrified of keys scratching up the screen to get one. And if you live by a mall that has a kiosk, ante up the extra $5 to have the workers there do it for you. If only to watch how quickly they apply it!
    I have tried many different screen shields to date. Zagg, iShieldz, no names, you name it and I definitely found GA to make the best stuff. I personally highly recommend it. The resistance to fingerprints alone is well worth applying it. It also happens to be one of the easiest wet applications you can do. You really do not normally need more than 5-6 swipes with the squeegee to get all the bubbles out.
    Banned

Yes, it is nice
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Ghost Armor

question about the iShieldz... I've been contemplating getting Ghost Armor as there's a kiosk at the mall near my house. Can I just peel the iShield off? or is there some trick to avoid damaging the screen? I tried googling this but haven't come across an answer yet
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

How much would it protect the phone body when dropped? Especially those corners

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySantos View Post
    question about the iShieldz... I've been contemplating getting Ghost Armor as there's a kiosk at the mall near my house. Can I just peel the iShield off? or is there some trick to avoid damaging the screen? I tried googling this but haven't come across an answer yet
    Generally all of these just peel off without issues. The adhesive is not a permanent adhesive.
    Quote Originally Posted by baolam86 View Post
    How much would it protect the phone body when dropped? Especially those corners

Posted via CB10
    Depends on how it hits the ground. The body kit is not a full on phone protector as it does not cover every surface so I would not count on the phone not getting any damage at all if it hits pavement. This is good for preventing general scratches, scuffs, etc. and probably in most instances it will prevent scratches in case of the floor hitting the ground. I personally use this in combination with the sleeve.
    Thanked by:
    DirtySantos (03-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    hrm...

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Went to my local mall kiosk today to get the screen protector done. He said he was out of the Z10 pattern but could custom cut me one out of a blank sheet. Needless to say its a pretty HACK job. I worked for years with vinyl graphics (similar films) and would never give out a product that looked like this. The cutouts around the camera, led, and sensor are jagged and crooked, and look awefull. I didn't really notice at first as the whole screen had that initial HAZE to it but as that has cleared its very obvious. I'll be taking it back to be re-done, hopefully with the proper pattern.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast