Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default So the question now is how do enable work mode only?

Just as the subject says, I looked through BES 10.1 but don't see how to force the BB to only offer work mode?

Global Posts
    9,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

The work space only activation option gives your organization full control over devices that are activated on the BlackBerry
    Device Service. There are additional IT policies that you can use to control how a BlackBerry device accesses network
    resources.
    To specify a work space only activation type, you require:
    • A device that supports this feature running a version of BlackBerry 10 OS
    • An EMM Corporate license
    • An enterprise service plan on the device (mobile-enabled devices only)
    Users with devices activated with the work space only option should be aware that all data on the device can be audited by
    their organization, even if they are using the device or application for personal use.

Do you have the EMM corporate licenses or just the standard?
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by smoothrunnings View Post
    Just as the subject says, I looked through BES 10.1 but don't see how to force the BB to only offer work mode?
    They are calling that the "Regulated" mode now. "Corporate" is the balance mode.

Take a look at: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...n_Guide-en.pdf
    Which is from: BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - Manuals and Guides
    -----
    Creating user accounts and associating devices that have a work space
    only
    The work space only activation option gives your organization full control over devices that are activated on the BlackBerry
    Device Service. There are additional IT policies that you can use to control how a BlackBerry device accesses network
    resources.

Users with devices activated with the work space only option should be aware that all data on the device can be audited by
    their organization, even if they are using the device or application for personal use.
    For more information about the IT policies specific to devices that have a work space only, see the BlackBerry Device
    Service Policy and Profile Reference Guide.
    -----
    Based upon the additional licensing requirement, the need for an enterprise service plan, and users will dislike no personal data on the devices (which means they are less likely to use them and put them in a drawer like some of my users have been known to do), I am pushing my management to consider the Corporate/Balance approach only.
    The "enterprise service plan" kills me... Why?!?!?! Why do we need to pay our carriers more for the same data connectivity? And I have yet to have show me how the data connectivity is functionally any different than the standard data plan.

Ok off my soap box now. This is the follow on document referenced above:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...e_Guide-en.pdf
    Having read that it looks like it is just a bunch of policy settings you assign a particular device. I'm not 100% sure though because I haven't test it due to the above comments.
    Thanked by 2:
    Grumblegrumble (05-16-2013),  Sith_Apprentice (05-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    resources.

Simul-post FTW!
    Thanked by:
    Sith_Apprentice (05-15-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

So the next question how do you obtain a regulated CAL when you are only given two options on BlackBerry's store front.. EMM Standard - Blackberry, and EMM Standard - iOS and Android?

Global Posts
    9,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

So the next question how do you obtain a regulated CAL when you are only given two options on BlackBerry's store front.. EMM Standard - Blackberry, and EMM Standard - iOS and Android?
    http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...-Datasheet.pdf

Not sure if you have seen this part yet, and you might have to contact your rep to get the licenses at this time.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Master

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...-Datasheet.pdf

Not sure if you have seen this part yet, and you might have to contact your rep to get the licenses at this time.
    For what it's worth I was told the sales team was hoping the CALs would be the same price (regulated versus corporate), but I could be not remembering correctly. I went through my VAR's website and they only have Standard so I agree with Sith_Apprentice that I think a call is in order. I have one in to my BB sales team about this whole annual versus perpetual CAL thing.

Global Posts
    9,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by HotFix View Post
    For what it's worth I was told the sales team was hoping the CALs would be the same price (regulated versus corporate), but I could be not remembering correctly. I went through my VAR's website and they only have Standard so I agree with Sith_Apprentice that I think a call is in order. I have one in to my BB sales team about this whole annual versus perpetual CAL thing.
    I believe trade up are perpetual. Otherwise govt would be REALLY pissed to buy CALs again lol
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Master

I believe trade up are perpetual. Otherwise govt would be REALLY pissed to buy CALs again lol
    Yes we would be very upset. Heads might roll...and we might roll right on over to MobileIron or another solution.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

So i'm trying to do the same thing as the OP. Noticed that our CALS that came from BES5.x to BES10, then BES10.1 now have an expiry date associated with them. My director has opened a call with the Blackberry reps.

All current activated users that were imported from 10 are marked as EMM-Corporate (Blackberry Balance)

When I go to create a new user, there is an option 'Activation information' with a drop down that allows me to select EMM-Corporate or EMM-Regulated (Work Space Only).

This option is also available if you edit a current user info.
    CrackBerry User

Has anyone actually gotten Work Only mode to activate yet? If so which carrier are you on?

I have everything setup (BES 10.1, licensing, IM, etc) and Balance mode activates fine. When I try to activate in EMM-Regulated mode it tells me that my device does not meet compliance rules on both Q10 and Z10 (BB KB34255).

Telus informs me that they are not supporting EMM-Regulated mode. Not sure why they feel they get to make the decision about security levels for their customers.

From my rep:

“BES 10.1 will lauch without EMM Regulated
    BlackBerry has announced the launch of BES 10.1 but TELUS will not be selling EMM Regulated at this time. However, EMM Corporate and Secure Work Space will be supported at launch. We anticipate that the majority of our clients will be best served by EMM Corporate or Exchange ActiveSync deployments, and few of our customers will be affected by the lack of support for EMM Regulated.”
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by alskir2 View Post
    Has anyone actually gotten Work Only mode to activate yet? If so which carrier are you on?

I have everything setup (BES 10.1, licensing, IM, etc) and Balance mode activates fine. When I try to activate in EMM-Regulated mode it tells me that my device does not meet compliance rules on both Q10 and Z10 (BB KB34255).

Telus informs me that they are not supporting EMM-Regulated mode. Not sure why they feel they get to make the decision about security levels for their customers.

From my rep:

“BES 10.1 will lauch without EMM Regulated
    BlackBerry has announced the launch of BES 10.1 but TELUS will not be selling EMM Regulated at this time. However, EMM Corporate and Secure Work Space will be supported at launch. We anticipate that the majority of our clients will be best served by EMM Corporate or Exchange ActiveSync deployments, and few of our customers will be affected by the lack of support for EMM Regulated.”
    I hear you on the concern, but since "An enterprise service plan on the device (mobile-enabled devices only)" is a requirement of Regulated Mode, if Telus doesn't want to offer an enterprise service plan then that's their choice right? Otherwise an normal data plan works with corporate and basic.
    CrackBerry User

Telus has informed me there is only 1 data plan for Q10/Z10, there is no special enterprise level plan like the older BB's had (BIS/BES). The data plan offered is the enterprise data plan.
    CrackBerry Master

Telus has informed me there is only 1 data plan for Q10/Z10, there is no special enterprise level plan like the older BB's had (BIS/BES). The data plan offered is the enterprise data plan.
    Your two sentences don't make sense together. There is no special enterprise level plan, but there is an enterprise data plan?

Either way this is something you will need to follow up with them on, my response before was just an educated guess as to why there was no regulated support - as the data plan is the only involvment from from the carrier side in the decision making process from what I understand.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm waiting on a call back from Rogers about data plans availability. I am getting the same error when trying to setup EMM-Regulated mode.
    CrackBerry User

I'm waiting on Rogers to get back as well, will update if i hear anything.
    CrackBerry User

Your two sentences don't make sense together. There is no special enterprise level plan, but there is an enterprise data plan?

Either way this is something you will need to follow up with them on, my response before was just an educated guess as to why there was no regulated support - as the data plan is the only involvment from from the carrier side in the decision making process from what I understand.
    It does make sense actually. There is only one data plan with BB10, the one that is currently offerred and it is the enterprise data plan. Past BB's there were separate BIS/BES plans.
    CrackBerry Master

It does make sense actually. There is only one data plan with BB10, the one that is currently offerred and it is the enterprise data plan. Past BB's there were separate BIS/BES plans.
    So the enterprise data plan is not an enterprise level plan? If that makes sense to you then more power to you.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

So the enterprise data plan is not an enterprise level plan? If that makes sense to you then more power to you.

Posted via CB10
    HotFix in the BES 10.1 documentation it mentions that you need to have an enterprise data plan to use EMM - Regulated mode. When I first saw that I wasn't sure what BBRY was talking about but after reading BRRY's KB (above in one of the posts) it makes sense now. It seems that the CAL's aren't key to getting Work Only mode to work. I am not sure what extra plan do we need to ask the cell companies for and how much more will it cost us?
    CrackBerry Master

HotFix in the BES 10.1 documentation it mentions that you need to have an enterprise data plan to use EMM - Regulated mode. When I first saw that I wasn't sure what BBRY was talking about but after reading BRRY's KB (above in one of the posts) it makes sense now. It seems that the CAL's aren't key to getting Work Only mode to work. I am not sure what extra plan do we need to ask the cell companies for and how much more will it cost us?
    I was responding to someone's confusing language, I understand the enterprise data plan is listed as being required for Regulated to work.

Call them and ask them if they have a corporate or enterprise data plan.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

My point was that Telus has told me there is only a single data plan for BB10 devices, there are not different levels like BIS/BES used to be.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

resources.

You also need An enterprise service plan on the device (mobile-enabled devices only) which according to BlackBerry you get from your local carrier. I have tested the Work Only mode on an EMM Corporate CAL (not a Corporate for BB) and it still tells me I can't activate as my device doesn't meet the organization's compliance rule which according to BlackBerry means I don't have an enterprise service plan on my device.
    CrackBerry User

You also need An enterprise service plan on the device (mobile-enabled devices only) which according to BlackBerry you get from your local carrier. I have tested the Work Only mode on an EMM Corporate CAL (not a Corporate for BB) and it still tells me I can't activate as my device doesn't meet the organization's compliance rule which according to BlackBerry means I don't have an enterprise service plan on my device.
    I have EMM - Regulated CAL's on my BES 10.1 server. When I attempted to activate a Q10 for work space only, I got the same error message as others have reported: "Your organization's activation requirements aren't supported by your service plan. Contact your service provider to upgrade your plan".

Our carrier is Telus. I phoned their tech support department, and asked if the data plan on the Q10 line supports EMM regulated, AKA Work Space Only. I was told there is only one Blackberry 10 data plan available in their system and it supports ActiveSync (I.e. no BES), BES 10 Corporate, and BES 10 Regulated scenarios. Either the support rep doesn't know what she's talking about or Telus doesn't offer the necessary plan as alskir2 suggested.

We have a Technical Support Services contract with Blackberry so I'm going to open a case on Friday and see if they can provide some clarity.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Quote Originally Posted by RyanVdE View Post
    I have EMM - Regulated CAL's on my BES 10.1 server. When I attempted to activate a Q10 for work space only, I got the same error message as others have reported: "Your organization's activation requirements aren't supported by your service plan. Contact your service provider to upgrade your plan".

Our carrier is Telus. I phoned their tech support department, and asked if the data plan on the Q10 line supports EMM regulated, AKA Work Space Only. I was told there is only one Blackberry 10 data plan available in their system and it supports ActiveSync (I.e. no BES), BES 10 Corporate, and BES 10 Regulated scenarios. Either the support rep doesn't know what she's talking about or Telus doesn't offer the necessary plan as alskir2 suggested.

We have a Technical Support Services contract with Blackberry so I'm going to open a case on Friday and see if they can provide some clarity.
    Please keep up updated with what BlackBerry says.
    I suspect though that cell carriers might not fully have a grip on the newer level of services they need to offer as BES 10.1 just came out. So it may take weeks or months before the service starts to filter down.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

To complicate things more. I just noticed this on my personal BES 10.1 server when I went under my Z10's PIN in Managed Users:

Device software supports: EMM - Corporate (BlackBerry Balance), EMM - Regulated (Work space only)

Can the rest of you check on your BES 10.1 servers to see if you have the same?
    I really want to get a couple of BES 10.1 corporate CAL's now to test it.

Update:
    On a another BES 10.1 server that has Corporate CALs the device software support for Rogers Q10's is the following:

Device software supports: EMM - Corporate (BlackBerry Balance), EMM - Regulated (Work space only)
    Last edited by smoothrunnings; 05-17-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast