Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Brandon Nikel
  • 1 Post By rocker_man1
  • 1 Post By tjseaman
  • 1 Post By Brandon Nikel
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Rogers employees on BES 10

I'm a technician at Rogers and it looks like all of our departments are being upgraded to BB10 and BES 10! Seeing that there are nearly 30000 rogers employees this is great to hear for BB. I'm just surprised I haven't heard anything like this in the media. I mean, one of the largest Canadian tech companies choosing BlackBerry would be great publicity. Now I just have to wait for my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by 2:
    Signhere (05-13-2014),  zocster (05-13-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great news!
    @jr4941
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Nikel View Post
    I'm a technician at Rogers and it looks like all of our departments are being upgraded to BB10 and BES 10! Seeing that there are nearly 30000 rogers employees this is great to hear for BB. I'm just surprised I haven't heard anything like this in the media. I mean, one of the largest Canadian tech companies choosing BlackBerry would be great publicity. Now I just have to wait for my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    Great to hear!

Have to wonder how many of those 30,000 have company issued devices or are managed in any way? I know a friend that works for Verizon at a retail store - they were all BOYD. But even if it only 10% that is still better than some of the examples that BlackBerry has released info on. But then again that most likely requires the customers permission.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Hope this is legit, if so great news
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

All of our techs are being switched which is several thousand across the country. All my managers and sales force that I've seen are being switched to Q5s all on BES10. I thought about putting my personal z30 on it but I'm still under contract for a year.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Really? From the company that I had to phone to buy a Z30 and I had to actually fight and go up many levels of management to buy my phone out right. I find that weird. Hope it's true and maybe they will finally wake up and stop being dicks about BlackBerry.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    gokulesh likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

We have been using old refurbished curves without enterprise for a few years now. Just recently Q5s with BES. Ya not sure why it can be a pain to find the Z30. I was lucky enough to get one for $349 from my brother in law with his employee discount

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

We have been using old refurbished curves without enterprise for a few years now. Just recently Q5s with BES. Ya not sure why it can be a pain to find the Z30. I was lucky enough to get one for $349 from my brother in law with his employee discount

Posted via CB10
    I had to tell them I was going to hang up the phone walk over to a Telus store and purchase two Z30's then go have them unlocked and then put those phones on their network and it still took work. It is probably my last contract with Rogers after this last year of my contract. I have grown tired of the ignorance with the people on the phones for Rogers. But that is on the sales and contract side not yours.

Global Posts
    10,107 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Most companies dont release what devices/services they use internally. Not generally a good security policy

But without a press release, no news site would run with this unfortunately. Without any sort of corroboration this is tantamount to a rumor. Not saying it isnt true, but there is unfortunately no proof, until there is.
    ~S_A
    CrackBerry Addict

Forget the media...perhaps Rogers should actually push BlackBerry devices rather than trying to steer consumers away!

I'm a Rogers customer and was appalled when I knew what I wanted and Rogers staff told me it was a bad idea to go BlackBerry.

Haven't regretted my decision on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    BlackBerry 10...don't care what anyone says...I'm loving it and that's all that matters to me!.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Unfortunately the sales people aren't always educated on the products like they should be or sales are simply easier with Samsung or apple. It's the sad truth. All I know is Blackberry is making great devices and an awesome OS and I couldn't be happier with my choice

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

go blackberry..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Unfortunately the sales people aren't always educated on the products like they should be or sales are simply easier with Samsung or apple. It's the sad truth. All I know is Blackberry is making great devices and an awesome OS and I couldn't be happier with my choice

Posted via CB10
    Well said!